Ok so I went to Best Buy and bought a zagg invisible shield for my screen as I have had no issues with them on any of my devices. The tech installed it for me using the misting spray and a spray air canister I guess to get dust / particles off of it. Heading home and an hour away I turn on my phone to go to the internet and the call / BB / back / end call buttons are all flashing and dimming and going off. I pull the battery to try and reset that way, seems to have worked then all of a sudden it starts up again. Now when I am actually able to get it to open from sleep mode it is randomly opening stuff and the screen is freezing up on my to the point the only thing I can do is pull the battery to shut it down. Any help? Sorry for being so long with this, I'm trying my best to explain in detail. Thanks!
    Last edited by tagood7; 01-08-11 at 08:48 PM. Reason: new title
    01-08-11 08:38 PM
    Its seems that when the rep installed it for you they may have gotten excessive liquid into the phone itself. Usually after a ZAGG invisibleshield install it is recommended to leave the battery out and not power the phone on for at least 14-16 hours.
    tagood7 likes this.
    01-08-11 08:40 PM
    She did seem to use tons of liquid. I figured she knew what she was doing. I removed it so now out $20..
    01-08-11 08:45 PM
    Usually they only need to spray a light amount onto the ZAGG piece itself, but some reps think they know how to install it and end up screwing up the install and the phone. I usually don't trust those reps in the big retail stores. Good luck lets hope these issues disappear for you
    01-08-11 08:49 PM
    Thanks azn
    01-08-11 09:01 PM
    I have installed this type of shield before, and in the instructions it does state that you should not use your device for almost a whole day...just in case excess liquid got into the device...there might be some water damage now...hopefully it will be fine after all the liquid has dried. Why did you then take off the screen protector?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-11 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD