Iphone 5 if it came to sprint I would definitely dump my BB. While BB's are good I expected more from them. Iphone 5 would make me get rid of BB forever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-11 04:05 PM
    Not me, Blackberry for life. iPhone's just not my thing.
    01-08-11 04:14 PM
    There's no way I'd go to the apple eco-system, there are much better alternatives, even blackberry for my use and purposes does a lot more for what I need and pair that with the blackberry playbook and I think it'll be pretty sweet.

Android on certain phones and nokia as well as samsung using their bada operating system could offer me a great experience at a much lower price point. Apple dont cater for that market so its very hard to even contemplate recommending this unless they are totally focused on apps and willing to up the budget.
    01-08-11 04:25 PM
    I don't even like Apple for ANYTHING but I gotta be honest. Ive had a BB for nearly six years. Right now, I have a BB 9300 that was a change from the 8900 which was broken. I upgraded it to OS 6. It's nice but I do need dual cameras for video chat and a much bigger screen. Those are the Droid phones. Why isn't Rim doing the same? I want at least a 4 inch touch screen with video chat capability by May when my contract is up. I'm jumping over to Verizon's Thunderbolt phone or something else similar if there are no comparable BB phones. I don't want to switch phones but I like my friends' Droid phones and have been using one of those new Archos Android tablet myself.
    01-08-11 04:29 PM
    Not me. I may cuss my BB and threaten to reenact that scene from Fargo with the woodchipper w my BB but there's no way I'd ever defect to an iBrick.

01-08-11 05:49 PM
    An iphone is a very dumbed down "smartphone". There is no way I would get rid of my bb or android for that paper weight.
    01-08-11 07:39 PM
    Pretty sure most people on here would opt for a real multitasking OS over ios...

01-08-11 09:59 PM
    +1 no iToy for me, Thanks... Too trendy and not enough utility. I want a phone that is useful.
    01-08-11 10:05 PM
    I'd get one. I'd also keep my blackberry too though and use which ever one I'm in the mood for.
    01-08-11 11:58 PM
    Please stop commenting on this. Everyone. Just stop.

S. Jobs will not put it on sprint.

01-09-11 12:40 AM
    NEVER! Apple controls your settings and experience (without going into great detail). I like a phone that is acutally a work horse and one that I choose the setting and the experience.
    01-09-11 09:10 AM
    Please stop commenting on this. Everyone. Just stop.

S. Jobs will not put it on sprint.

Why not? From last quarter to this quarter Apple's marketshare jumped like a fraction of percent, and Androids went up multiple percentage points. Apple's single carrier strategy is retarding there growth, and they know it. Apple said they would never do a CDMA iPhone now they are about to do it because of this. They obviously no longer have exclusivity with AT&T, so why not release to both Sprint and TMobile. They may give Verizon a temporary exclusive deal, but I bet that eventually die, and it won't be nearly as long as the AT&T one. iPhone5 coming out in August is rumored to be a truly world phone. Maybe they'll let Verizon a 4 variant to lock people in then with the 5 release it everywhere. Dan Hesse has hinted that they are in discussions with Apple when he said they would love the iPhone but when asked if they were talking to Apple then no comment.
    01-09-11 10:17 AM
    i just don't like an all touchscreen phone, if the Iphone did come to Sprint and it has a real keyboard then i would switch.
    01-09-11 11:21 AM
    I already know that I am going to dump my Blackberry personally, I would rather have a touch screen and other features for my next phone. I don't like the iPhone and the whole Apple ecosystem, though, so I would much rather get an Android phone, even if the iPhone does come to Sprint.

01-09-11 06:43 PM
    Why not? From last quarter to this quarter Apple's marketshare jumped like a fraction of percent, and Androids went up multiple percentage points. Apple's single carrier strategy is retarding there growth, and they know it. Apple said they would never do a CDMA iPhone now they are about to do it because of this. They obviously no longer have exclusivity with AT&T, so why not release to both Sprint and TMobile. They may give Verizon a temporary exclusive deal, but I bet that eventually die, and it won't be nearly as long as the AT&T one. iPhone5 coming out in August is rumored to be a truly world phone. Maybe they'll let Verizon a 4 variant to lock people in then with the 5 release it everywhere. Dan Hesse has hinted that they are in discussions with Apple when he said they would love the iPhone but when asked if they were talking to Apple then no comment.
    Do you have a link to those comments? Not that I don't believe you I just want to read it!
    01-09-11 09:23 PM
    Nope, I'm staying with blackberry. It fits with my life and has all the features I need, plus I don't want a touchscreen. I want a phone with a keyboard.
    01-10-11 12:51 AM
    Well if it handles emails and calendar as well as BB i might give it a try. Doesn't look like we're getting a new CDMA blackberry anytime soon.
    01-10-11 09:37 AM
    I'd settle for the Torch....
    01-10-11 10:12 AM
    I'd probably get a Android phone before I ever got anything from Apple. I love their design form factor, but that's about it.

For now, I'm sticking with BB.
    01-10-11 11:21 AM
    I am actually holding out on upgrading until at least this summer. I am hoping Sprint gets an iPhone. If so, I will grab one fast.

I've had my 8330 for over 2 years. I use it for business push email and text primarily, as it is a bit clunky for any more than the most basic web use.

I have an iPod Touch and my wife has an Android phone. The Blackberry OS is just getting dated sadly, even the new one.
    01-10-11 01:22 PM
    I wouldn't hold your breath on Sprint getting the iphone by summer...

If you even consider it likely (considering how many times this rumor has come up) it would likely be VZ and not Sprint.
    01-10-11 01:31 PM
    I wouldn't hold your breath on Sprint getting the iphone by summer...

If you even consider it likely (considering how many times this rumor has come up) it would likely be VZ and not Sprint.
    Verizon is expected to announce tomorrow that they have the iPhone.
    01-10-11 04:36 PM
    Iphone 5 if it came to sprint I would definitely dump my BB. While BB's are good I expected more from them. Iphone 5 would make me get rid of BB forever.

I'd consider it.

That said, if BB came out with a torch like (I hate touchscreens because you have to use them with both hands) phone for Sprint at about the same time, I'd go with the BB, (and even though I'm a longtime Apple fan and user).
    01-10-11 04:49 PM
    Verizon is expected to announce tomorrow that they have the iPhone.
    Yep, which is why I said VZ would be the likely carrier. But again it's a rumor at this point just like it always was the last 20 times it came up.
    01-10-11 05:25 PM
    Yeah verizon is suppose to get the iphone 4 at end of january or early Feb. Droid sales will go down once it comes to VZW. The perfect iphone wud be for sprint because of its features I mean sprint TV would be nice on the iphone but in the end Jobs I believe will have it on all carriers to make himself even more wealthy and kill the competition. Hopefully sprints next after verizon.

01-10-11 06:03 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD