Among the changes introduced in OS 6 was the Options list in BB maps. In the previous version, one would start tacking by opening options in BB maps and selecting "Start GPS". That option isn't available anymore, and I can't figure out how to get the tracking going. When I select "My Location", the cursor tracks, but goes to the edge of the screen & stops. I need to get the usual tracking of the cursor staying in screen center and the map data following my position as I move. I see no possible control for that in any menu. What am I missing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-11 10:57 AM
    I'm having the same problem. Anyone know how this works?
    01-09-11 09:32 PM
    I had the same problem, and just started using Waze. BB Maps gives me so much trouble compared to Waze.
    01-09-11 09:38 PM
    BB Maps has always worked fine for me. In fact, I prefer it to Google and the others. BB Maps on BB 6 will find my locations and is good at getting directions but I can't figure out how to start navigation and track like it did in OS 5.
    01-09-11 09:59 PM
    This is a great fix for BBMaps: BBMaps Fix
    01-09-11 10:17 PM
    I was thinking that it might have been a bug, but OS 6 has been out for awhile in the Torch, and one would assume that if it was a bug that it would get dealt with early on.

Maybe I should look in the Torch forum.

I find it hard to believe that RIM would do something like screw up on their own map app, so that's why I'm asking if I'm just not getting the new way of doing things in BB maps.

Maybe it is a RIM mistake....

P.S. SCrid2000: I already use G-maps; it's great, but for some things I much prefer to use BBmaps. Then other times I prefer Gmaps. Just depends on what I'm doing....
    Last edited by ArGiEs; 01-09-11 at 10:26 PM.
    01-09-11 10:23 PM
    I can't even load BB maps onto my vzw 9650.
    01-30-11 02:49 PM
    Seems it is working without doing "Start GPS" I just clicked the blackberry menu key and selected "Get directions, entered the address and followed the instructions, worked great.

Hope this helps,
    HiddenPuppy
    01-30-11 03:07 PM
    BB Maps has always worked fine for me. In fact, I prefer it to Google and the others. BB Maps on BB 6 will find my locations and is good at getting directions but I can't figure out how to start navigation and track like it did in OS 5.
    Its a bit tricker in OS 6. But what you need to do is hit the trackpad button, and then select to get your location. After that the GPS will track your movement. I agree version 4 has this one beat for that feature.
    03-13-11 02:03 PM
    This is a great fix for BBMaps: BBMaps Fix
    BB maps tracks you GPS location better than Google Maps. I get a far closer real time GPS fix using BB maps.
    03-13-11 02:04 PM
    I was thinking that it might have been a bug, but OS 6 has been out for awhile in the Torch, and one would assume that if it was a bug that it would get dealt with early on.

Maybe I should look in the Torch forum.

I find it hard to believe that RIM would do something like screw up on their own map app, so that's why I'm asking if I'm just not getting the new way of doing things in BB maps.

Maybe it is a RIM mistake....

P.S. SCrid2000: I already use G-maps; it's great, but for some things I much prefer to use BBmaps. Then other times I prefer Gmaps. Just depends on what I'm doing....
    It works fine for me. I am able to track my location in version 6 just like how I could in version 4. There are more steps but it works.
    03-13-11 02:06 PM
    It's working now. I think it's better if you select my location and then hit the enter key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-11 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD