Ya know how you can set a BB to keep text messages forever? Can I do the same thing for my visual voicemail? It only keeps voicemails for like 2 weeks, then deletes them off the back of the list as new ones come in. I looked and didn't find an option for it. You would think you would be able to do this, as it saves the voicemail as a file on the phone....would be nice to save them to memcard, then I would have plenty of room to have an "archive" if you will, of voicemails, like I have with texts. I'm a hoarder/packrat, I don't throw anything away nor do i delete anything, so it would be nice to have these options (amr file location and how long to keep message fors)

Can anybody help me out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 11:04 PM
    Have you tired the click and hold menu because when I just did it had an option to save file as and I could save it to my music folder

01-07-11 11:19 PM
    Have you tired the click and hold menu because when I just did it had an option to save file as and I could save it to my music folder

Thanks but I know I can save the files, I just want them to not be deleted automatically. I mean, it really isn't that important, and there probably is not a solution, but it would be nice

01-07-11 11:32 PM
    I've had a couple Vm's that I keep and as long as I don't erase them from the device they stay put(one I've had since launch day. Could be carrier related and Vm options. Not sure who your carrier is but mine is AT&T.
    01-08-11 07:08 AM
    Thought I'd update my thread with what I found on att's site...

AT&T Visual Voicemail allows you to quickly listen to important voicemail messages in any order you choose. Voicemail messages are delivered right to the handset in an email-like inbox. You can listen, delete, save, update contacts, callback, reply and forward messages to others. Managing your messages and staying connected has never been easier!

Store up to 40 messages.
    Save messages for 14 days in Inbox
    Free for customers with unlimited data.*
    *Data charges apply to replying and forwarding voicemail messages via SMS, MMS or email. International data charges apply to receiving, replying to and forwarding voicemail messages while roaming internationally.

So evidently I can only keep 40 messages for 14 days.

Got one more question since I already have a VVM thread going...
    Can I have the speakerphone come on automatically for listening to messages? Its a pain to hit play then quickly get the phone to my ear before I miss the first few sec of the message, anyone know what I mean here?

01-08-11 09:59 AM
    Is the message delivered in an e-mail-like inbox or as an e-mail? I'm with Telus and a similar service is offered where, when I get a voicemail I am sent an e-mail shortly after that includes an audio attachment I can open or save to my device. If that's like what AT&T offers then you could have your solution right there.
    01-08-11 10:12 AM
    No email just an audio file. I have several that are older than 14 days. It probably a size thing. If I wipe the device and rebuild it, they get re-downloaded from the server IF I had not deleted them before the wipe.

01-08-11 10:21 AM

Got one more question since I already have a VVM thread going...
    Can I have the speakerphone come on automatically for listening to messages? Its a pain to hit play then quickly get the phone to my ear before I miss the first few sec of the message, anyone know what I mean here?

I'm subscribing to this and dozens of other threads hoping to hear a solution to this problem. Why on earth it would default to headset is beyond me. Major minor oversight imo

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD