Hi,

I made a thread a few weeks ago about getting my Bold9780. But my provider doesn't sell that one yet.
    While I am waiting I saw my cousin with the Samsung Galaxy S and it has so much possibilities.. But on the second note, I have an Ipod Touch 4G that has apps and stuff so can that compensate not having the Galaxy S or.. And will the Blackberry App Store improve?
    Wich mobile should you get: A new Blackberry Bold 9780 or an Android phone like the Galaxy S while you have an Ipod Touch 4G?

I need a second opinion!
    01-07-11 04:10 AM
    Just google "CES 2011" and I think you'll find your answer.
    Last edited by 67Tucker; 01-07-11 at 04:19 AM.
    01-07-11 04:16 AM
    Okay, I've searched for a little while but I don't se much things about i.e. a new Blackberry OS or something else. I guess you think that I need to buy a droid eh? Because of your signature.
    01-07-11 04:32 AM
    Actually it really depends on what you like. BB is great for emails and tasks. Really depends on your personal liking.

1. Do you need a phone urgently?
    2. Go to the shop and check if you like Androids.

I would definitely go for 9780 as I know how the bold series actually works and they are one **** of a work force.

for me, Blackberry 1 - Others 0
    01-07-11 04:37 AM
    Personally I came from a Torch and went to HTC Android. And I have a iTouch 4G as well. What I find nice about my HTC is that with Froyo 2.2 I can use my phone as a wifi hotspot and actually use my iTouch to play some of my games that need data. I love my Torch to pieces but the selection of apps are sub par. and even being in the UK its worse as there is no Pandora, Slacker, etc. By moving Android and passing my Torch to my girlfriend, I have come to a whole new possibility with apps and customization. Thats just my thought. I still keep my Curve 3G as I like to remenisce because Blackberry is still my favorite platform. They just need more apps.
    01-07-11 04:37 AM
    Thanks for your opinions, but I mean what should you buy from my position? I have an Itouch 4G. Should I get a Blackberry Bold 9780 because the iOS will compensate the lack of possibilities on the Blackberry or should I go for an Android phone like the Samsung Galaxy S?
    01-07-11 12:08 PM
    Try them both and see what works for you.
    01-07-11 01:23 PM
    Try them both and see what works for you.
    I wish I could but I can't really try it. Because I need to sign a two year contract and you can't trade back phones. I havet the money to just buy one of them.
    01-07-11 04:39 PM
    I wish I could but I can't really try it. Because I need to sign a two year contract and you can't trade back phones. I havet the money to just buy one of them.
    Go into your local store and play with them both for an hour or so.
    01-07-11 04:53 PM
    I have a G2 (Android) and an iPod Touch 4G as well (32 GB).

If this is your set up, I think you'll enjoy having an Android more because you can wifi tether to your iPod Touch and make use of the web browsing and Apple apps. To date, you can't do this with a BB and an iPod Touch.
    01-07-11 04:57 PM
    I've tried most of them android great for apps but they tend to hang a bit, apple iPhone 3G great and very easy to use but the lack of support from apple is appalling when a new model is introduced I'm now using the Blackberry 9780 and it does everything all the other phones do, apart from the touch screen but I like to press the buttons and know I've done it the OS6 is great and very easy to used
    So my opinion would have to be wait and get the Blackberry you won't be disappointed

Posted from my Crack Berry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 09:47 PM
    Blackberry = GREAT at communication, ok for mulitmedia, apps/games not so much

iPhone = great multimedia, good apps, isssues with communication (bad predictive text, dropped calls)

Android = Lots of apps/games, OS is very cusomizable, very few have physical keyboards if that's important

for me? BB first, then Android, then iPhone. Do your reasearch, read consumer reviews on the devices you're interested in, browse forums. In your mind narrow it down to 2 or 3 devices. Then go to the store and handle them. Trust your hands and instincts. Good Luck!

01-07-11 10:38 PM
    I think I'm going for the Blackberry but.. I'm affraid that it gets outdated soon.. Is that right? It's important because I can only get it with a 2 year contract and I'm 17 so I don't have the money to be ging to replace it (and my parents won't approve that heh ). So is the phone going to get quickly outdated?

EDIT: I always wanted this phone, but thanks to me seeing an Android phone, I worried if it's going to be outdated soon. And much people I know have BBM, because much people want to get a BB nowadays in the Netherlands.
    Last edited by Sanderino; 01-08-11 at 04:02 AM.
    01-08-11 03:49 AM
    Bb's are made with obsolute hardware.... Don't expect a lot from bb.
    Bb's are good for communication....
    I know people using 8700G, 8800, etc.... And they are happy with performance...
    Performance and your needs are important, android is growing and changing very fast and lot of apps/games are luxories to it.

RIM will take another year and half to bring stable version of QNX based OS for bb. And current line of bb's are not capable of QNX based OS.

believe me, if you can live with text mode life bb got best to offer you. Multimedia sucks with bb.
    Since your teen and you need some fun too Android will be a good choice..

01-08-11 06:39 AM
    I think I'm going for the Blackberry but.. I'm affraid that it gets outdated soon.. Is that right? It's important because I can only get it with a 2 year contract and I'm 17 so I don't have the money to be ging to replace it (and my parents won't approve that heh ). So is the phone going to get quickly outdated?

EDIT: I always wanted this phone, but thanks to me seeing an Android phone, I worried if it's going to be outdated soon. And much people I know have BBM, because much people want to get a BB nowadays in the Netherlands.
    The NEWEST BB's out (Torch , Style, Bold) were severely outdated the day that they were released.
    01-08-11 07:15 AM
    The iPhone has the best auto correct I have ever seen.

/former iPhone user now Torch user (I love my Torch, by the way ).

01-08-11 09:01 AM
    I have a 9780 through work and a Dell Streak on Android 2.2. I have had a blackberry for @7yrs and a personal Android phone for 6mo.

If you are big into messaging; nothing beats a blackberry

For everything else; Hands down my Android device. I use it hours a day.

If I had to chose; I would not buy a blackberry for personal use.
    01-08-11 10:54 AM
    I have a BB 8900 and a MyTouch 4G; My 8900 blows the Mytouch 4G out the water when it comes to speaker-phone, it isn't even close. However with headphones they both are pretty even. Camera and video I would have to give it to the MyTouch 4G. Messaging and email blackberry hands down. One of the little features I noticed between the two is flagging email, both will flag but only with BB can you put a reminder date/alarm with the flag, which I miss on the android. I still get to use my BB for work and just replaced my 8310, so I can enjoy the best of both worlds. I like both systems and it is hard to compare them to each other because for me, they both have different use factors. The MyTouch will be both personal and self business stuff. I am a pastor and like to do a lot of document editing and research, so the screen on the MyTouch works out perfect for me as well as the web experience. I really like the ability to customize multiple home screens as well, with photos of my family spread out across all seven screens along with widgets and shortcuts. Maybe in about two years BB will come out with something that will knock my socks off. When they do I will possible be ready to move back to BB as my primary phone. I refuse to bash either platform, they are both good and either one can meet your needs. I came really close to getting the 9780 but fell in love with the screen and the customization. Take your time and evaluate your day to day use then make your decision.
    Last edited by crossbearer; 01-08-11 at 10:40 PM.
    01-08-11 02:41 PM
    The NEWEST BB's out (Torch , Style, Bold) were severely outdated the day that they were released.

Hahahahahahaha so true
    01-09-11 03:07 PM
    Is there no way that you can ask to play with some demo models or use your SIM card to play with different phones to decide which one you like? If you're a customer coming in to make a sale, they should allow you to do that to better help you with your choice. I would just ask about it.

I have a BB 8900 and a MyTouch 4G; My 8900 blows the Mytouch 4G out the water when it comes to speaker-phone, it isn't even close. However with headphones they both are pretty even. Camera and video I would have to give it to the MyTouch 4G. Messaging and email blackberry hands down. One of the little features I noticed between the two is flagging email, both will flag but only with BB can you put a reminder date/alarm with the flag, which I miss on the android. I still get to use my BB for work and just replaced my 8310, so I can enjoy the best of both worlds. I like both systems and it is hard to compare them to each other because for me, they both have different use factors. The MyTouch will be both personal and self business stuff. I am a pastor and like to do a lot of document editing and research, so the screen on the MyTouch works out perfect for me as well as the web experience. I really like the ability to customize multiple home screens as well, with photos of my family spread out across all seven screens along with widgets and shortcuts. Maybe in about two years BB will come out with something that will knock my socks off. When they do I will possible be ready to move back to BB as my primary phone. I refuse to bash either platform, they are both good and either one can meet your needs. I came really close to getting the 9780 but fell in love with the screen and the customization. Take your time and evaluate your day to day use then make your decision.
    So... I take it (from your device model) you didn't get that 9780 for Christmas?
    01-11-11 05:51 AM
    I jumped ship after almost three years of Blackberry abusing (9000, 9700) and have been using an HTC Desire HD for the past two weeks.. the sheer amount of apps and customization blew me away at first, the smoothness and nice graphics are stunning but at the end of the day (which have been cut short due to poor battery life on more than on occasion now) it's more computer than phone. it's actually that smart of a smartphone that it would hands down need twice the battery capacity. Sub par battery life is only one of many drawbacks that became apparent. I'm a heavy texter/emails and typing is next to impossible on the go. You have to come to a complete standstill if you don't wanna mess up and a 4.3" phone is too big too handle comfortably while you're walking anyway.. (and yes, i've tried different keyboards.. namely swype, htc sense's kb and now i run the gingerbread one).

Lack of push service for facebook and a crappy stock email app for non-gmail email addresses that's not capable of displaying html is another dealbreaker. i have to use an app called k-9 instead. the standard texting app is also not worth writing home about which is why i resorted to Go SMS.. now my phone is a colorful jigsaw puzzle made up by various third-party apps ugh.. did i mention awful battery life? midday i have to plug it in in order for it to last me till night and not die on me halfway through the afternoon. Surprisingly enough it helps a lot to disable 3g, reduce screen brightness to 20% and basically use your phone as little as even possible if at all.. not the point of having a smartphone and certainly doesn't fit my bill .. i wanna have everything without having to fear that my phone will be dead long before i get home.
    To put in perspective, just turning on the ungodly big screen takes 1 (one) percentage point of battery. So this morning, i took my phone off the wall charger fully charged, after 3h and 30 minutes of uptime i had sent two texts, received 2 emails and checked the clock a couple of times, and i was down to 70% battery.. to put in perspective, on my blackberry i would receive on average about 50 emails a day, talk on bbm all day long, listen to music on the go, stream music to my car radio, have wifi on so that it automatically connects to my home network the moment i walk into my front door, and so forth and i'd still have half the battery at the end of the day before i let it charge peacefully in its awesome oem cradle

Bottom line, it's not for me and I'm switching back to my 9700 or buy a 9780 from the money i get when i liquidate this p o s phone on ebay.. it might not be capable of performing all these wondrous things that impress so many people but that you don't actually dare to run when it's just you and your phone cuz they kill the battery in no time but i still love my blackberry. There are many blackberry phones, but this one is mine
    Last edited by Fana05; 01-11-11 at 08:26 AM.
    01-11-11 08:13 AM
    Thanks Fana, your post makes sense. My dad coincidentally bought the Desire HD and his battery life sucks too. And I want to use my phone a lot every day.

I think I'm going for the Blackberry. Because Much people I know have one so it's fun messaging and stuff. And I don't have to take an Android for the apps because I have an iPod Touch.

I don't know it for sure, but I think I'm going for the Blackberry Bold 9780.

Is there no way that you can ask to play with some demo models or use your SIM card to play with different phones to decide which one you like? If you're a customer coming in to make a sale, they should allow you to do that to better help you with your choice. I would just ask about it.
    No they won't.
    But Saturday I went to a Vodafone store and I was planning to buy the Blackberry and he said that you should not buy one, Android is much better, yesterday I've got so many Blackberries that all need to get replaced it looked like Blackberry day blablabla.. But he was owning an iPhone.
    01-11-11 10:50 AM
    I would say stick it out until the blackberry comes available on your provider. Like i mean you have your android substitute with your 4G iPod touch, and also the android battery is atrocious so unless you want to buy a phone that that you gotta have your charger with you in your back pocket i would wait for quality and go for top dollar. Providing an opinion and not havin a go at android lovers
    01-11-11 12:57 PM
    I would say stick it out until the blackberry comes available on your provider. Like i mean you have your android substitute with your 4G iPod touch, and also the android battery is atrocious so unless you want to buy a phone that that you gotta have your charger with you in your back pocket i would wait for quality and go for top dollar. Providing an opinion and not havin a go at android lovers
    That's a bit of a sweeping statement there ghogie... and completely wrong

No Apple product is any substitute for an Android
    Android battery life is not THAT bad, if you know how to use it
    Waiting for a quality BlackBerry... that'll be a loooooong wait
    01-11-11 01:31 PM

So... I take it (from your device model) you didn't get that 9780 for Christmas?
    No I didn't but it was a real struggle. I made one last trip to the TMO store right before my remorse deadline to give the 9780 one more test drive. However, there wasn't enough to make me dislike my 8900 enough to have both phones and not give android a go round. My 8900 runs like a clock and I am happy to use it for work but I really like the MyTouch 4G. It is an awesome phone but so is BB.
    01-19-11 05:32 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD