So at random times while I am typing the cursor jumps back a letter and then I end up with a horribly misspelt word. This just started in the past two days and it is beyond frustrating. I have even watched my cursor just move back to the left on its own when I am on the home screen. I have had BB's for years now and have never seen this before. Battery pulls have done nothing and I am still using same OS since I got the phone a few months ago. Should I upgrade the OS? Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
    01-06-11 12:15 PM
    I have that problem sometimes too, and I have had 2 9300s. The first had a faulty trackpad as it would move around all over the place without me touching it an when scrolling down a page on the browser or facebook it would jump back up the page. Needless to say I returned it and got a replacement on the spot. The one I have now just does the thing where it goes back a couple letters when I'm typing a message, so I think its just my thumb hitting the trackpad slightly cause it always seems like words with Y or T in them. Its kind of annoying but I'm used to it so it doesn't really bother me much, I just go back and correct it.
    01-06-11 12:27 PM
    but its only started to happen in the past two days...my actual typing style wouldn't just change and have me accidentally hitting the trackpad
    01-06-11 12:39 PM
    Hmmm then maybe its something wrong with the trackpad itself.
    01-06-11 12:47 PM
    going to update the OS and see if that changes anything
    01-06-11 01:03 PM
    Best of luck!
    01-06-11 01:16 PM
    Mine has done that since i updated to 6.0.0.415.
    01-06-11 02:22 PM
    I upgraded to .977 and it was good for a few hours and untill about 10 minutes ago. I have actually noticed that when when the cursor is jumping back it does it most often late in the evening like now. Doesn't even make sense. The past 3 days I have had no issues when the sun is up.
    01-06-11 05:26 PM
    i'm having the same problem since i upgraded my bold9700 to .448. any ideas? r we stuck with this problem? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    01-31-11 03:55 PM
    mine from day one has had the same problem.jumping from icon to icon or going back a letter or several letters and then going to the smiley choices.im looking into updating my phone's OS.i bought it with .448 however i cannot find an official version.please help?
    06-19-11 09:15 AM
    Mine jumps around a lot, but it seems to do it mainly outside in very bright sunlight or in very low light. With mine I've found I can tilt the phone around so it's not in direct sunlight or hold it under a lamp, or just put my finger on the touchpad without moving it to "hold" the cursor in place, so my guess would be the light hitting the touchpad is the problem.

What color phone does everyone have who's having this problem? Mine is the smoky violet. My sister got the graphite gray and hers doesn't have the same problem. I wonder if it's a design flaw? I haven't remembered to borrow hers and compare the two.

Edit: forgot to mention, I finally got the OS 6 update from T-Mobile, but I've had the problem since before I did any updates.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by virtuouskate; 06-19-11 at 01:22 PM.
    06-19-11 01:16 PM
    I had this same problem with my cursor moving randomly in most anything I did. It would not allow me to move it to the intended destination. I kept trying and trying to no avail. I read that someone said this never happened until they updated their facebook app. I logged out of facebook on my phone and my situation improved immensely. It was amazing to have functionality back in my cursor. After logging back in to facebook, things are still functioning fine. This may not work for you, but it is worth a try. I think I did a battery pull also, as I do regularly to try and solve any issues.
    07-19-11 08:34 PM
    Hey all, if your having this issue Give this method a Try, works for a lot of people who call in. let me know how it works out for you!

Make sure to back up your device 1st!!

Steps for backdoor reload in windows. (XP/Vista/7)
    1) My computer
    2) C: drive
    3) Program files (X86)
    4) Common files
    5) RIM
    6) App loader
    7) There will be a small icon that looks like a phone, click that

Once in app loader:
    1) In wizard, click next
    2) Your pin should show on the next step in the little drop down menu
    3) It'll show a list of apps in the software, just click next
    4) It will ask you if you would like ot back up and restore info during thie process. click do not
    5) On the next window click advanced, and make sure to delete all app data is Checked. (or make sure items are grey)
    ***if option for back comes up make sure back options are checked***
    6) Press finish and the reload will start
    Process should take about 1/2 hour to an hour
    07-20-11 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD