BTHM OS6 9700 .424 (.415/.418) Version 1

Changelog v1( same as v3 x-mas edition):
    -Much faster performance ( sandclock almost none existent)
    -New .415 cods
    -Better Browser: (Revised for faster rendering and loading)
    -Ruch smoother feel to UI
    -restored ability to switch directly to month view mode in calendar
    -Revised WiFi Cods (better reception and transmission)
    -Memory management is a more stable

-browser able to save files

Bugs:
    -still no visible cursor in bbm (shift displays cursor)

: Please leave feedback as this is the first version of this hybrid series and it would definitely help for future versions.

Instructions:
    -backup phone

-follow these instructions:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/lo...-first-543077/

-delete/uninstall existing os folder
    -have base OS6 .424 for 9700 installed on pc
    -download BTHM OS6 hybrid changed cods
    -copy contents of hybrid folder and replace the cods in the base java folder(C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.424_P6.6.0.105\Java)
    -go to apploader(C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader), make sure vendor file is deleted
    -run loader
    -highlight the apps etc you would like to install on the phone then run the program.

Full Java Folder Instructions:
    -go to: (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.424_P6.6.0.105)
    -Delete existing base java folder
    -replace with full hybrid java folder

**** It is very important that you follow the instructions exactly to get the best results. Especially in the restoration part of the files etc****

-do a couple battery pulls(how ever u feel necessary) and allow a couple or hours to settle in (12hrs) and that should be it..
    -enjoy and leave feedback

Someone suggested that I create a paypal account for anyone who would like to donate out of appreciation and I thought it wasn't a bad idea so i created an account. This is just donation if you choose.. I am not asking anyone for money and I never will...I maintain that feedback is all i will ever ask for, thank you.

[CENTER]P.S You do not need a Pay-Pal Account to donate..

Donations (Optional):

[CENTER]https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

Hybrid Links:

Changed cods:
    Version 1:Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Full Java Folder:
    Version 1:Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

This Link contains all the removed files for those trying to recover the backgrounds,ringtones etc:

BB OS6 Ringtones (mp4 format, able to be save on a memory card): BB6rings.zip

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
    01-05-11 10:51 PM
    thank you Kyle
    01-05-11 10:53 PM
    Thanks Kyle, will download when I get home.
    01-06-11 12:08 AM
    Thanks Kyle everyday in the university friends ask heyyy your bb keeps increasing speed They're all glad with your hybrid when I install it for them let's install this one :d

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 12:12 AM
    I'm a little confused. The changelog says "Changelog v1( same as v3 x-mas edition)". Does this mean that it's the same hybrid as v3 xmas? That doesn't make sense. I'm just trying to understand.

Thanks again. I've started to watch for your new hybrids and appreciate your work.
    01-06-11 12:15 AM
    I'm a little confused. The changelog says "Changelog v1( same as v3 x-mas edition)". Does this mean that it's the same hybrid as v3 xmas? That doesn't make sense. I'm just trying to understand.

Thanks again. I've started to watch for your new hybrids and appreciate your work.
    I believe that since the new .424 base is so similar to .418, Kyle simply adapted the v3 edition for the new base (maybe with a few tweaks).

01-06-11 12:31 AM
    would i assume this is very similar to the v3 edition then? i might leave this one if it is as i'm well happy with the v3.
    01-06-11 01:35 AM
    I found something out today! With the newest leak I used first the other hybrids the bbm pictures didn't display and everytime i hear the argument it's RIM's fault. But I installed now this hybrid and the bbm pictures showed up in 6 seconds... And not on just one contact, but on all of them. So this is a great feedback

Cheers.

01-06-11 02:00 AM
    Nice! I am definitely going to try this out! Thanks Kylie! I just knew I have to wait and the day will come for you to release this build. Marvelous!
    01-06-11 02:06 AM
    one question Kylie.

Why do we replace in P6.6.0.105 and not P6.6.0.109?
    01-06-11 02:24 AM
    Brilliant Kyle! I'm still relishing how good a hybrid xmas edition was but can't pass this up. lol!
    01-06-11 05:34 AM
    one question Kylie.

Why do we replace in P6.6.0.105 and not P6.6.0.109?
    Come on man...thas petty. Y wud u even need to worry or ask about that. I copy n paste instructions then I do the little changes. Please stop being so anal about this cus Everybody kno its for the .424 base

01-06-11 06:43 AM
    Ouch >.< Sorry! Just wanna make sure >.<

On top of that, currently running it with just hitting the 3 hours mark. Just monitoring on the battery usage (with BBM and BatteryBooster), using about 6.1% discharge at the moment.
    01-06-11 07:16 AM
    Mine's on the 4 hour mark and its only doing about 1.1% discharge rate...normally it's a bit higher that this at this stage. So this is even better with regards to battery for me.
    01-06-11 11:50 AM
    Mine's on the 4 hour mark and its only doing about 1.1% discharge rate...normally it's a bit higher that this at this stage. So this is even better with regards to battery for me.
    Glad to hear that. Thanks for the info!
    01-06-11 11:54 AM
    Mine is around 1.1% also..battery is the only real improvement I see over the x-mas edition

01-06-11 12:03 PM
    Just finished loading. Still notice fast bootup, overall navigation and browser is great.
    Loaded with 121 mbs which is around normal as the .424 seems to be a bit larger. Will report back on battery on memory leak but I don't expect any issues

Thanks again Kyle.
    01-06-11 01:51 PM
    what's the difference between change cods and full java folder???

thanks
    01-06-11 02:31 PM
    Upgraded from .418 v2 and had never done a security wipe until now **(highly recommended as it seems way way faster now)**

Used for only 6hours so far and this version is running very smooth- better battery, memory increased, thanks Kyle
    Lkyleobrien likes this.
    01-06-11 03:15 PM
    Kyle, thanks buddy!

Your meticulous attention to detail is greatly reflected within this version.
    01-06-11 03:54 PM
    with the other java folder, not the full one, i just replace the cods? with BBSAK?
    01-06-11 04:45 PM
    what's the difference between change cods and full java folder???

thanks
    The "Changed CODs" are just the CODs that Kyle has added the the Java folder. when these files are added to the Java folder you will be asked to replace the existing files with the new, you will say YES. The end result will be the whole OS with the changed files, thus Hybrid.

The "Full Java" is a full Java folder that Kyle has added the Changed CODs to, then pre Shrunk. This might be easier for Noobs so they don't have to think about Shrinking, and mess something up. Just delete original Java then replace with Kyle's Java Folder. This would be Kyle's preferred choice to fully take advantage of his vision of His Hybrid.

@ Kyle maybe calling the "Full Java" something else like "Pre-Shrunk Java" would be more helpful to the ones who are asking the same questions in each new Version that is released. *wink wink*
    Last edited by ChillFactorz; 01-07-11 at 07:19 PM.
    abdullah1982 likes this.
    01-06-11 06:02 PM
    interesting. I have checked the base myself and it is slower and buggier than the previous one. I shall try tonight the hybrid version and post my findings.
    01-06-11 07:25 PM
    Trying the old trick of simply adding the changed .cod's to my previously-installed .424 base using MCP. I'm betting it will work. . .
    01-06-11 07:38 PM
    First bootup without any restore or what so ever, i've 124.1MB without shrinking of course thanks kyle
    01-06-11 10:11 PM
208 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD