i'm really hoping RIM starts to make new Torches with solid build quality and discontinues the ones with wobbly screens. Also fix the low call volume issue and other noticeable issues.. I know they've done it with a previous bb but don't remember which one. Also add a scratch and fingerprint resistant screens as a bonus and my demands would be fullfiled . So if a RIM rep is seeing this please forward this to Mike L

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 01-05-11 at 07:45 AM.
    01-04-11 10:20 PM
    I think build quality is an issue with where the 9800 was built. Seems like to me most complaints are from the Mexico builds?
    01-04-11 10:22 PM
    I don't think it made a difference with Tours. They seemed to equally have issues. Id be surprised if there were significant differences.
    01-04-11 10:35 PM
    I think build quality is an issue with where the 9800 was built. Seems like to me most complaints are from the Mexico builds?
    from what ive read throughout the forums, its the Mexico 4 builds that have the better quality....
    01-04-11 10:38 PM
    Yeah, my unit was made in Hungary and it works great. And as for the scratch proof and fingerprint resistant screen, screen protectors exist for a reason. Use them.
    01-04-11 10:39 PM
    My first Torch was from Mexico and it was pretty much garbage quality, then got it replaced also from Mexico but alot better almost flawless
    01-04-11 10:40 PM
    Yeah, my unit was made in Hungary and it works great. And as for the scratch proof and fingerprint resistant screen, screen protectors exist for a reason. Use them.
    Lol that's what i'm trying to get away from. i'm tired of buying new screen protectors and applying it on every smartphone I've bought or replaced.

And as far as where each build was made, how do I know where my unit was made?

01-04-11 10:43 PM
    Its usually listed on the label behind the battery or on the box. It shoudl say a place and a number. Mine says Mexico 4, my first one was Mexico 3
    01-04-11 10:49 PM
    Its usually listed on the label behind the battery or on the box. It shoudl say a place and a number. Mine says Mexico 4, my first one was Mexico 3
    What does the number refer to? Mine says Mexico 5.

01-04-11 11:00 PM
    I think the number may refer to a specific assembly line in the country
    01-04-11 11:02 PM
    Mexico has let us down

01-04-11 11:17 PM
    Haha mine from Mexico 4 is solid. So not completely
    01-04-11 11:18 PM
    I had a Torch 2 months back and the build quality was perfect; so does my friend who is a Cabin Crew Purser.....

They were made in Hungary.

Please note that it was a retail unit which costed me $700 USD at the time.
    01-04-11 11:26 PM
    My 9000 and 9800 were both made in Hungary and never had any build quality issues that other people were griping about for both units

It seems like most people with a wobbly screen and creaky call buttons had an earlier Mexico build.
    01-04-11 11:31 PM
    My 9000 and 9800 were both made in Hungary and never had any build quality issues that other people were griping about for both units

It seems like most people with a wobbly screen and creaky call buttons had an earlier Mexico build.

I got my Torch on the 23rd of december. Hmm I might have to check out a unit that's made in hungary and if that one is solid i'll get that as a replacement.

Last edited by luqman24; 01-05-11 at 12:13 AM.
    01-05-11 12:02 AM
    Finger print mark is easy to overcome. In my country, there are two types of screen protector. Alwyas ask for the one with fingerscreen proof. It will definitely affect the picture quality but it works great to avoid finger print.

I not sure how the torch is but I certainly wish to have a torch when the torch 2 is out. Of course we will never know when and I even heard that it could be end of 2011. I have all the time to wait

01-05-11 12:33 AM
    from what ive read throughout the forums, its the Mexico 4 builds that have the better quality....
    You might be onto something there.
    I have heard some complain about misaligned screen, wobbly trackpad, etc on the 9780. My 9780 is flawless and decal shows "Mexico 4"
    01-05-11 01:55 AM
    i'm really hoping RIM starts to make new Torches with solid build quality and discontinues the ones with wobbly screens. Also fix the low call volume issue and other noticeable issues.. I know they've done it with a previous bb but don't remember which one. Also add a scratch and fingerprint resistant screens as a bonus and my demands would be fullfiled . So if a RIM rep is seeing this please forward this to Mike L

Ok the title of this thread led me to believe they are doing this... Then I was like oh... Kinda misleading, but you got my attention.

01-05-11 05:52 AM
    Finger print mark is easy to overcome. In my country, there are two types of screen protector. Alwyas ask for the one with fingerscreen proof. It will definitely affect the picture quality but it works great to avoid finger print.

I not sure how the torch is but I certainly wish to have a torch when the torch 2 is out. Of course we will never know when and I even heard that it could be end of 2011. I have all the time to wait

If they release a Torch 2... Maybe something similiar but you never know with RIM. I love the intrigue

01-05-11 05:55 AM
    Ok the title of this thread led me to believe they are doing this... Then I was like oh... Kinda misleading, but you got my attention.

Agreed. Can a mod put a ? at the end of the thread title please? I got my hopes up RIM may have announced a CDMA torch.
    01-05-11 06:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD