I was quite curious and figured you geniuses could help me. What's the next rumoured touchscreen phone coming out from RIM for Verizon. Will they even release another touchscreen phone on Big Red? Also will it have Adobe Flash seeing as how the awesome Playbook does...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 05:46 PM
    There really are no solid rumors of ANYTHING touch screen or not to come out on VZW.

You might want to visit the "rumored devices" section. There is alot of speculation that it will be atleast 6 months before anything good comes out with the new QNX device. But we will see.
    01-04-11 05:52 PM
    There is rumor of a hybrid touch screen "flag ship" 4G blackberry for a June 11 release date code named Triton featuring dual cameras and an OLED screen. What carriers will get it beside Sprint is un certain. Its a phone that B/B REALLY needs so im guessing there is more to this than just rumor and more than one carrier will get it.

The NEW Blackberry 4G - Coming June 2011
    Last edited by Bettermost; 01-05-11 at 03:52 AM.
    01-05-11 03:45 AM
    I was quite curious and figured you geniuses could help me. What's the next rumoured touchscreen phone coming out from RIM for Verizon. Will they even release another touchscreen phone on Big Red? Also will it have Adobe Flash seeing as how the awesome Playbook does...

You need to look in rumored devices. This question is asked 100 times a day and the answer is the same..knowbody knows the future.

01-05-11 06:02 AM
    There is rumor of a hybrid touch screen "flag ship" 4G blackberry for a June 11 release date code named Triton featuring dual cameras and an OLED screen. What carriers will get it beside Sprint is un certain. Its a phone that B/B REALLY needs so im guessing there is more to this than just rumor and more than one carrier will get it.

The NEW Blackberry 4G - Coming June 2011
    right, that article was from 9 months ago! im sure that info is still legit
    01-05-11 10:43 AM
    right, that article was from 9 months ago! im sure that info is still legit
    Still, it would be foolish to assume that Blackberry is going to sit on there hands and not get into the 4G super touch screen smart phone business like Android and the upcoming dual processor 4G IPhone 5 due out in just 5 months. If Blackberry does not keep up with the current smart phone trends they will wither up and go away. I'm sure Google and Apple have the resources for implement a BIS like server system to there phones so they (B/B) will at least put up a good fight with future products.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 01-05-11 at 02:14 PM.
    01-05-11 01:37 PM
    Hang on there, sport. I was just getting ready to shine up my crystal ball, so that peering into it would give me a clear pic of what's coming...hang on...I can almost see it..no...wait...ah--there it is...: "Yes", RIM will eventually come out with another touchscreen device. "Yes", it will eventually run Flash.
    01-05-11 02:08 PM
    Some good insight here on cell trends. From 2011 CES in Vegas. Pay particular attention to the Nokia/Blackberry segment and to the 4G goes mainstream segment. Blackberry will need to have a 4G phone up and running by mid 2011 if it wants to still run with the big boys.

Top 11 Mobile Stories To Watch In 2011
    Last edited by Bettermost; 01-05-11 at 02:43 PM.
    01-05-11 02:34 PM
    Some good insight here on cell trends. From 2011 CES in Vegas. Pay particular attention to the Nokia/Blackberry segment and to the 4G goes mainstream segment. Blackberry will need to have a 4G phone up and running by mid 2011 if it wants to still run with the big boys.

Top 11 Mobile Stories To Watch In 2011
    right, that was pretty much agreed on in another thread. RIM can wait 3-4 months maybe but any more than that and they can really start missing out on sales.
    01-05-11 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD