I was told this morning by my company's IT dept. that the storm3 is definitely still coming out. Our VZW rep said that the date keeps getting pushed. As of today, the rep said that it would be available to order on the 11th. Here is a link to an article that I located. It is dated for the 1st of Jan. I am not sure how true it is.I hope this link will work. www.premiershipnews.org/blackberry-blackberry-storm-series-to-continue-to-grow-1194

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 12:13 PM
    its not true, your rep is wrong
    01-04-11 12:54 PM
    And how are you so sure of this?

01-04-11 02:48 PM
    And how are you so sure of this?
    If a phone was going to be released 7 days from now we'd have seen leaked info, pics, vids etc...

Historically we've seen information months before a release. RIM has never been good at keeping a new phone quiet before it's release.
    01-04-11 02:52 PM
    I even said in my original post that I was not sure how true it was, but for someone to say flat out its not true, my rep is wrong, is a pretty bold statement in itself. What I do know is my company cancelled my upgrade order because there are new devices that are supposedly coming out soon.

01-04-11 03:01 PM
    Ah, the old "I heard a rep say" thread. Boy, those never get old
    01-04-11 03:09 PM
    I'm just curious why a rep would tell us to cancel a storm2 order because a 3 will be coming out soon.

01-04-11 03:18 PM
    I'm just curious why a rep would tell us to cancel a storm2 order because a 3 will be coming out soon.

I had an in-store rep tell me in Sept 2009 that there was no such thing as a Storm2. Interestingly enough, on October 28, 2009 the Storm2 was released.
    01-04-11 03:20 PM
    So you are saying that since the info a rep told you interestingly enough turned out out to make you correct, the info a rep passed to my company, being oppisite, makes it all false? Not sure what kind of point you are trying to make.

01-04-11 03:39 PM
    I'm laying +5000 on the over.
    01-04-11 04:13 PM
    Don't worry, those who claim so vehemently that nothing is coming, have nothing but their own weak speculation based on previous events to base their claims on. They show a complete inability to assimilate new information and have hope.

You can find some of the more upbeat speculators in the following thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f223/wh...erring-571070/
    01-04-11 04:14 PM
    i would be rich if i got a dime everytime someone posts a "my rep said ..." thread and that info is wrong. still believe your rep now?
    01-04-11 04:32 PM
    i would be rich if i got a dime everytime someone posts a "my rep said ..." thread and that info is wrong. still believe your rep now?
    Why? Are you asking "still believe your rep now?" Because YOU made a statement? seriously?

I personally never ask anyone in retail a damn thing about the item they are selling. They never know as much as I do about it. Every "rep" I've ever seen is carrying whatever is the latest "cool" phone to have. They don't have a passion for a singular device (99% of them) and don't do the kind of research most people here would on an upcoming release, and thus I agree, they don't know squat. Plus they are the last one in the food chain to receive info, and have the most to lose (their low paying job) from leaking info if they had it.

That being said, IF what he said is true, his "rep" asked him to cancel an order. I'm sure one doesn't cut their commission lightly. It's just a data point. One that some of us here are interested in, adding it to our bin of speculative evidence.

But seriously, the whaaa whaaa, daddy Rim treated me soo bad I had to get a Droid but I'm gonna keep crying about them, and coming back to cry some more is just so 2004.
    01-04-11 05:01 PM
    I wonder how long it's going to take for this thread to get locked.
    01-04-11 05:34 PM
    lol @ CASH.

on topic... I hope this is true, but I really can't see it being plausible. I mean, maybe we can expect an S3 by LATE Jan... but most likely March or something.

QNX (and LTE) probably not until very late 2011...
    01-04-11 05:57 PM
    Why? Are you asking "still believe your rep now?" Because YOU made a statement? seriously?

I personally never ask anyone in retail a damn thing about the item they are selling. They never know as much as I do about it. Every "rep" I've ever seen is carrying whatever is the latest "cool" phone to have. They don't have a passion for a singular device (99% of them) and don't do the kind of research most people here would on an upcoming release, and thus I agree, they don't know squat. Plus they are the last one in the food chain to receive info, and have the most to lose (their low paying job) from leaking info if they had it.

That being said, IF what he said is true, his "rep" asked him to cancel an order. I'm sure one doesn't cut their commission lightly. It's just a data point. One that some of us here are interested in, adding it to our bin of speculative evidence.

But seriously, the whaaa whaaa, daddy Rim treated me soo bad I had to get a Droid but I'm gonna keep crying about them, and coming back to cry some more is just so 2004.
    Thanks. Our rep has over 300 phones through our account. I highly doubt that my choice of a storm 2 being cancelled by his word of waiting on a newer version that is coming out soon is going to have any bearing on his paycheck. That actaully displayed in my opinion, that it wasn't just about a sell.

I think that I have posted maybe 3 times on this site and 2 of them have been on this thread. I started viewing this forum after our rep informed us of a new release. I view in hopes of finding some new information as does everyone else. All I was doing was passing along what I believe to be valid information. I don't believe that "my rep" has anything to gain by telling us this.

01-04-11 07:51 PM
    This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-04-11 10:14 PM
    No, this is awesome!!! People with less than 50 posts who don't know how to use a search function in a forum. Keep 'em coming, guys!
    01-04-11 10:43 PM
    Thanks. Our rep has over 300 phones through our account. I highly doubt that my choice of a storm 2 being cancelled by his word of waiting on a newer version that is coming out soon is going to have any bearing on his paycheck. That actaully displayed in my opinion, that it wasn't just about a sell.

I think that I have posted maybe 3 times on this site and 2 of them have been on this thread. I started viewing this forum after our rep informed us of a new release. I view in hopes of finding some new information as does everyone else. All I was doing was passing along what I believe to be valid information. I don't believe that "my rep" has anything to gain by telling us this.

Pay no mind to the rude comments. Any info is appreciated. I do find it odd that a rep would deny S2 orders this early in the year. We know SOMETHING has been brewing on the S3 front for a while, but no real solid leak has been made yet. It is the shear silence of the leaks that has me hopefull on this one.

01-05-11 08:44 AM
    I just hope the rumor in the Sprint section of Sprint getting the S3 holds up too.
    01-05-11 08:57 AM
    So you are saying that since the info a rep told you interestingly enough turned out out to make you correct, the info a rep passed to my company, being oppisite, makes it all false? Not sure what kind of point you are trying to make.

the point I'm making is you can't believe everything a Rep tells you. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

But enjoy your inside information. Funny how your rep, and only your rep, knows about this.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-05-11 at 12:17 PM.
    01-05-11 09:01 AM
    Man this forum is filled with haters. That's why a lot of our good sources stay the **** away. I
    find it hard to believe a s3 will be coming that soon but we've seen strange things from RIM lately. There haven't been many leaks at all.

01-05-11 09:53 AM
    No, this is awesome!!! People with less than 50 posts who don't know how to use a search function in a forum. Keep 'em coming, guys!
    FYI, I have searched the threads, I understand our a forum works. Most of the threads that I have found discuss what options pple would like to have and of course how RIM is loosing customers. But you are right, I know nothing because I have less than 50 posts and you are speaking on knowing all with your constant shooting of negative posts. Everyone likes splitting hairs.

01-05-11 12:07 PM
    And I also like how what I was told could not be a potential leak. I mean it did come from someone that sells the product that we are discussing.

01-05-11 12:11 PM
    If the storm 3 does hit. I hope its for both sprint and Verizon as that would be better for rimm as far as sales.

01-05-11 12:25 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD