Going to try and find a white housing for the Bold, but doesn't seem to be a lot floating around. Would a Tour housing fit? I heard there are slight differences that might prevent this from working.
    01-04-11 12:07 PM
    A tour housing should fit fine on your bold,being that the dimensions are practically identical

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 12:21 PM
    I believe the charging port is shifted ~1/8 inch. The overall dimensions may be the same, but I would double check the placement of the charging port (and other buttons as well).
    01-04-11 12:33 PM
    A tour housing should fit fine on your bold,being that the dimensions are practically identical

No, like Arcadence said, they are not exactly the same.
    01-04-11 12:36 PM
    no they are not you buy it and it will be useless a case will fit yet but the headphone as well as the charging ports are moved from the bold to the tour trust me. I tried to do it and it doesnt fit but if you wanna blow your money and trim it so it fits be my guest but you will have space which dust WILL get inside sorry man
    01-04-11 01:08 PM
    I purchased the Barely There case for my Tour 1 year ago and I now use it on my Bold 9650 without any issues. The charging port and the headphone jack are fine.
    01-04-11 03:54 PM
    Whats a housing?
    01-04-11 06:54 PM
    I purchased the Barely There case for my Tour 1 year ago and I now use it on my Bold 9650 without any issues. The charging port and the headphone jack are fine.
    Agreed; all of the cases I have for my Tour (silicons skin type, snap=on plastic, leather) fit the Bold interchangeably. No issues with port, jack, or buttons. But I believe the OP was asking about the housing, which is the outer portion of the phone itself.
    01-04-11 09:20 PM
    No it won't. Tried it the other day and even the bezel doesn't work let alone the housing itself. Wouldn't suggest it

01-05-11 02:47 AM
    Agreed; all of the cases I have for my Tour (silicons skin type, snap=on plastic, leather) fit the Bold interchangeably. No issues with port, jack, or buttons. But I believe the OP was asking about the housing, which is the outer portion of the phone itself.
    Ha yeah. Apparently I can't read. Misread the post. Housing wouldn't work.

01-05-11 07:08 AM
    Going to try and find a white housing for the Bold, but doesn't seem to be a lot floating around. Would a Tour housing fit? I heard there are slight differences that might prevent this from working.
    Its been done, but requires modifications. The mid-plate and lower brow are not interchangable. Well the lower brow maybe interchangable but requires heavy mods and the mid-plate is not due to the usb port being slightly shifted on the 9650.

Check out Znoble15's thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/wh...1/#post5773311
    01-08-11 09:23 AM
    No, like Arcadence said, they are not exactly the same.
    lol where did i say they were EXACTLY the same?
    01-15-11 11:41 PM
    A case will usually fit.
    A housing might fit, but the charging port at least will be blocked.
    01-16-11 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD