I'm new to this blackberry thing. Have it less than a month and i'm loving it. There is just one thing. I have a couple of friends that use email as chat. It's excruciatingly annoying but hey that's what they do. Now normally i would just use gmail and login and follow the whole chat and just read the conclusion of some of these things (discussion about holiday plans etc..)

I have now blocked their email from my blackberry as i'm getting that blinking light everytime 1 get an email from them. Just today i got 16 emails on 1 subject in 1 hour.

Now, this blocking is a solution, but a rather get the email on my blackberry and just not get notified when it is an email from them. I wilol just check my mailbox once a day for those emails. Is it possible? or will i have to disable notification for all emails from that specific emailbox?
    01-04-11 12:42 AM
    If they're using gmail to chat, any chance of getting them to actually use google chat? Since it would log in while they're in email anyway, and blackberry has an app for that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 02:18 AM
    They are using email. I happen to receive it on my gmail account. But there non gmail email adresses in the list.
    01-04-11 09:26 PM
    I guess they do that bevause they don't have a texting plan and have a data plan. Find them a good I M platform and show them how much easier it is to use it than email.

01-06-11 08:15 PM
    I guess they do that bevause they don't have a texting plan and have a data plan. Find them a good I M platform and show them how much easier it is to use it than email.

I don't want to educate everyone who uses email. But seriously it shouldn't be the case that i'm the only one that has this problem. A lot of business users should get a lot of email threads.

I'm actually thinking of turning off notification of all email and adding some l1 notifications to important people. I'd rather not to that though, as i want to use L1 for important messages.
    01-06-11 09:29 PM
    Go into the Sound Profiles and set the LED to "Off" for that email address in the active profile.
    justice-strike likes this.
    01-06-11 09:36 PM
    Go into the Sound Profiles and set the LED to "Off" for that email address in the active profile.
    I'm trying to do this... and i can add an alert. I just cannot fill in the contact that should be associated with this. Is it because i'm using bebuzz? I'm using that to change the color for one person so i know that a message has cmoe from that person.
    01-06-11 09:47 PM
    Your OP said that you wanted to BLOCK notifications for that email address when it receives messages. Now you are saying something different. I'm confused about what you are saying.

If you don't want to be alerted, set the LED to OFF.
    01-07-11 06:08 AM
    I think MM means set the LED for your gmail to off since that's where you're receiving their messages. That way your LED won't flash for incoming gmails, but it still will notify you when your other emails (if you have any) receive messages.

Last edited by T�nis; 01-07-11 at 03:30 PM.
    01-07-11 03:27 PM
    Your OP said that you wanted to BLOCK notifications for that email address when it receives messages.
    thjat email adress being their email adress not my email account.

Now you are saying something different. I'm confused about what you are saying.
    no, i'm saying that your solution seems to be the right one, but i cannot select the contacts for some reason. I think there is something preventing me from adding those contacts to the profile. It might be Bebuzz but i'm not sure if that is the case though.

If you don't want to be alerted, set the LED to OFF.
    i want to be allerted of all emails. Except of those emails from people that send them excessively. (or maybe mailinglists). So your solution should be the right one, but i cannot figure out why i cannot add contacts to the profile.
    01-09-11 10:16 PM
    I think MM means set the LED for your gmail to off since that's where you're receiving their messages. That way your LED won't flash for incoming gmails, but it still will notify you when your other emails (if you have any) receive messages.

no no no. Presumption is that i get all email, regardless which account.

However i do not want to be notified of some emails with a specific adress in the from field.

I think MM solution is correct. But something is preventing me from adding contacts to that profile. I have no idea why that is. I'm using Bebuzz to give a different color led to 1 important person. But i'm not sure if this application actually prevents me from using MM's solution.
    01-09-11 10:29 PM
    So you want to block the CONTACT's email from alerting you.

Set up a Contact Alert for that contact and set it to silent.
    In BerryBuzz, set up a Contact Alert and turn the LED to OFF.
    01-10-11 06:10 AM
    So you want to block the CONTACT's email from alerting you.

Set up a Contact Alert for that contact and set it to silent.
    In BerryBuzz, set up a Contact Alert and turn the LED to OFF.
    Is it one or the other? i want to set up the blocked contacts in the contact alert and i want a special notification in berry buzz (because i can change the led)

is that possible?
    01-10-11 06:39 AM
    Yes. Set up the Contact Alert in your regular sound PROFILES. For that contact for MESSAGES, under VOLUME set it to SILENT.

Then in BerryBuzz, set up a CONTACT LED and set the LED color that you want.
    01-10-11 11:11 AM
    ah, it's setup. The menu doesn't work as smoothly as i expected.

well let me see if it works. Thank you!
    01-11-11 12:01 AM
    create a contact in your berry for each user, then create a custom msg setting in the contact.
    01-11-11 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD