I have the 8520 Curve and the battery life is really rubbish, on an average day of perhaps 10 calls, and around 30 messages, + 20 E-mails it just about lasts a day.

My partner has the iphone 4 and her's can last up to 3 days doing roughly the same about of usage,

I mean hers can also just last a day but at least the iphone 4 actually does stuff,

I even auto turn mine off at 1am and back on for 6.30am.

Is there an issue with my battery, i understand that this is classed as a cheap blackberry, is that maybe why the battery is so shocking?

The phone is 15 months old.

Thanks
    01-02-11 11:58 AM
    I don't know much but I also have a 8520 and I get about the same battery life. I don't think something is wrong with you battery

Something that helped me a lot is to change my back light brightness and timeout settings. My battery last like 2 times longer.

I also know that the more you charge your BB the better so charge as often as possible.

Hope I could have been of help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 12:17 PM
    Hi

Many thanks for the quick reply, I have already turned my backlight down to 10%, however i will adjust the timeout settings now too.

Thanks meheart
    01-02-11 01:47 PM
    Great PLEZ !!

This is what this forum is for

Hope your battery life improves

01-02-11 03:02 PM
    Also if you're not using GPS, switch it off as it will also help save some more battery life
    01-02-11 03:04 PM
    Press and hold the blackberry button and see what applications you have running. There should be 5 that are always there: messages, browser, home, phone, and bbm. If you've got others up there that are still running that could be running your battery down. Also, if you're not using the wifi turn it off. I've had my curve for almost a year and I can go a whole day without any battery problems.
    01-02-11 04:02 PM
    Also if you're not using GPS, switch it off as it will also help save some more battery life
    Just a note the 8520 does not have GPS.
    01-02-11 05:31 PM
    Take a look: battery saving? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    01-02-11 05:51 PM
    I have the 8530 and my husband has the storm 2, and we have about the same battery life. I'm on my phone constantly, calling, texting, facebook, shopping, you name it, and it lasts from 8 am to about 3 or 4 pm before I have to charge it.

01-03-11 03:07 PM
    Like others have said. I get about 8 hours of heavy use and about 12 hours with light use.

Signal strength plays a big role in battery life. If you're on roam or have little to no signal that will eat up the battery quite rapidly.

01-04-11 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD