Hey Guys,
    Happy New Year!!

Well i have my bold on auto on/off and it worked perfectly fine until i downloaded os 6.
    Now, every time it automatically turns on in the morning, the mobile network is turned off. i went to the settings and i cant find a way to fix it.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Jonathan
    01-01-11 06:02 PM
    I don't think it's in settings, I think it has it's own folder called "manage connections".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 06:56 PM
    I don't use auto on/off. To turn on network connection go to manage connections.
    01-02-11 10:18 AM
    I am having the same problem. Each morning I need to manually turn on the mobile network. Sort of a pain.
    01-04-11 09:18 AM
    This is very weird! I've never heard of this happening UNLESS your battery drains too low(to around 5-10%) and then it will automatically turn the radio off on your bb. And I also have my bb set to auto on/off everyday as well.

Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-04-11 at 10:08 AM.
    01-04-11 09:58 AM
    This happens to me with a FULLY charged battery. This did not occur when I was running OS 5, it started when I upgraded to OS 6.
    01-04-11 11:05 AM
    Which OS 6 version are you using? I had this problem with .280 (I didn't use ON/OFF) but when I changed the network connections and then rebooted, my phone always came back on with the Network off. I haven't tried yet with .415 so I'm not sure if it's been fixed or not.
    01-04-11 12:39 PM
    I'm running 6.0.0.415.

I can obviously disable auto on/off but I'd rather not do this, guess I'll just need to remember to manually turn on the network connection each morning.
    01-04-11 01:02 PM
    This happens to me with a FULLY charged battery. This did not occur when I was running OS 5, it started when I upgraded to OS 6.
    ok, I'm on OS5. Sounds like its a bug with 6. Maybe more people will post with feedback about this. Good luck , I hope you find a solution, or perhaps just decide not to use auto on/off. I know I rely on it tho.

01-04-11 01:32 PM
    this has happened to me also, on new years eve i let my phone go low enough to turn off the radio by itself. I placed it on the dock and went about the rest of my short night and went to bed because i had planned to go on a fishing trip new years day. Nedless to say i wike up at 8am, 3 hours late and noticed my phone led was a weird color. i had to manually restore all connections and then got a flood of texts and voicemails from 5 am wondering where i was. Same thing happened last weekend but i somehow woke up on my own and noticed the radio was off. its weird how something so minute can be so frustrating. anyway, i am also running os6 and dont ever remember this happening before. I am on my 6th year with blackberry's.
    01-04-11 02:13 PM
    I encounter this in my office at work where I don't always have a signal. My 9650 will shut off the network so that it stops wasting battery by attempting to find signal. But thats when it's on. I don't use Auto on/off, I use the Bedside mode on the clock. But I've had it on OS 5 previously. Not once while now on OS 6.
    01-05-11 11:28 AM
    I have just began having the same issue. I am have been using OS 5, never updated to 6 as of yet. When I power down my phone and let it sit anything between a few seconds or the next morning, when I power back up, the networks are off and i have to manually restart them. No idea why?
    Last edited by JimiMack; 01-07-11 at 04:10 AM.
    01-06-11 08:54 PM
    Im running official os6 and i am having this issue as well. I'm actually thinking about going back to os5 because of all the problems i have had with 6.
    01-07-11 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD