okay, yes i've searched for about 3 hours. none of the threads I've found here or at 3 other BB forums match my situation. Here's what happened.

-Went on vacation for a week
    -left Curve plugged into wall charger (not USB on computer)
    -came home to black screen and no response and NO RED LIGHT
    -reseated battery at least 10 times
    -checked battery terminals
    -put wife's Curve battery in my phone (her's works) and nothing
    -put my battery in wife's phone and her's works and shows full charge (thus batteries fine)
    -took battery SD and SIM cards out and plugged into computer, nothing happens. computer doesn't recognize anything plugged in.
    -left battery out for 8 hours, still no response

these were all the suggestions I found on the internet, but nothing is working. i'd be fine to loose my data and wipe the OS, but the computer doesn't even recognize anything's plugged into the USB in the device manager.

anyone else got any suggestions?
    12-31-10 02:52 PM
    Sounds like your blackberry is nuked-go here to recover it:
    How to recover a nuked berry.
    Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-10 04:50 PM
    Sounds like your blackberry is nuked-go here to recover it:
    Good luck, hope it works out for you.

according to your link:
    but it is how I refer to a BlackBerry that is stuck in a permanent reboot cycle and is completely, completely unusable. With a Nuked Berry, essentially the device turns on (red LED comes on for a few seconds), then you see the white screen with the hourglass of death, and then the display shuts off, the device shuts off, a few seconds go by and then it starts up and does the same thing again and again and again (it’ll do it for hours if you let it).
    mine doesn't even do this....hence the "no red light" in the title. my display never lights up. the LED never lights up. nothing happens. my computer never detects the BB.....and yes, the batteries and wall charger are fine as verified by another BB curve.
    Last edited by electric130; 01-01-11 at 07:29 AM.
    12-31-10 05:43 PM
    I do believe also if your screen is black and does not respond, that your berry is nuked. I have seen posts from other users with the same descript as yours, black screen-no red led, and this is what they've done to recover. I've never had this issue, I'm going by what I've read here on CB, I'm not saying I'm right-its possible I am wrong.

12-31-10 06:14 PM
    I do believe also if your screen is black and does not respond, that your berry is nuked. I have seen posts from other users with the same descript as yours, black screen-no red led, and this is what they've done to recover. I've never had this issue, I'm going by what I've read here on CB, I'm not saying I'm right-its possible I am wrong.

I can't perform any of those tasks because the phone won't power up even by the computer USB cord like it shows in the video on the link you posted. It never shows up as an unknown device in DM or anything. i haven't found any posts that were the same situation as mine.
    01-01-11 07:28 AM
    I can't perform any of those tasks because the phone won't power up even by the computer USB cord like it shows in the video on the link you posted. It never shows up as an unknown device in DM or anything. i haven't found any posts that were the same situation as mine.
    ok, I also did come across this thread.
    How do I recover a dead blackberry
    I dont know if this may help you better, I hope so. Like I said, I've never had this problem before and i go by what I read.
    edit: I've read thru till page 7, and there was an instance like yours(pg. 4 of the above thread post by "kg97" & reply on pg6), in this case from what I've read by Reed McLay's post, your bb may be totally dead and unrecoverable if you've tried his steps that he posted to try recovering a dead bb.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-01-11 at 08:57 AM.
    electric130 likes this.
    01-01-11 08:26 AM
    yep. already read that thread. didn't help. i think it's toast.
    01-01-11 08:29 AM
    awww man...sorry to hear that.
    01-01-11 09:15 AM
    that sux man. My gf's just suddenly done this exact same thing tonight. I think hers is out of warranty. So what is the status of yours now? Have you taken it back to the store? or anything like that? I can't get hers to charge, when i plug it up to my laptop the laptop recognizes it as a mass storage device but the screen on the BB doesn't come on and it doesn't charge at all. Her's is running the latest stock OTA. I've done several battery pulls.
    01-03-11 08:47 PM
    That really sucks.
    You could always get a new one, or you could use alcohol; pour it into the back of your Berry and let it react with the air. Should remove any hardware problems/external factors.
    01-04-11 07:40 PM
    nothing yet. i'm hoping to take it to the repair center tomorrow. it's a corporate phone, so i'm limited on repair/replacement options. honestly, i hope they don't do much because i have a Samsung Epic 4G with Sprint and it does everything an iPhone and a Blackberry does combined and then more! it would be justification to get my job to pay for my Samsung 4G phone!
    01-05-11 07:16 PM
    I need help ughhh my blackberry curve did the things you describe about a constant re-boot cycle (white screen led light for a couple seconds than blank) I plugged it in tried pulling the battery a bunch of times it kept doing that then about 2 hours later i went to check it and absolutely nothing. No light no white screen no response at all ... how does this happen it was fine earlier, hasnt touched water or been banged or dropped what so ever ?
    09-03-11 09:51 PM
    i tried everything here. nothing worked. at&t couldn't fix it either. i wound up having to have the phone replaced.
    09-04-11 07:50 AM
    dude! i had the exact problem. brand new phone. phone died and would not charge at all! BUT! 2 min with the hairdryer on the battery and it worked right away
    05-13-13 03:16 PM
    I have the same problem
    08-14-14 04:52 PM
    Worked a Treat , I turned it over a couple of times.....
    but it works

Cheers !!!!!
    09-21-14 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD