At the beginning of December I bought an iPad at verizon. My first mistake was not asking enough questions about the iPads they sell. I got in on the deal of 1GB for $20. Now they sell it for $629. Is it really a 3G & wifi model? Or is that little device they sell you just to connect to mobile wifi? Sorry if these questions sound stupid but I should have asked when I bought it and it too late to return now, I tried but I didn't pay attention to the 14 day window. Also I was thinking of selling it, it is 10/10 condition. Thoughts on where to start on price? Thanks everyon and happy new year!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-10 12:42 PM
    VZW sells the Wi-Fi only model with their own my-fi unit. The 3G model only works with ATT.
    12-31-10 02:11 PM
    Yes, Verizon only sells the basic Wifi model...which you can buy from Best Buy for 499. So the "deal" comes from you buying the MiFi device for around 130. Yu are on a month to month contract with Verizon. If you had purchased the 3G model it would only work with AT&T. They are also on month to month contracts. But don't need a separate hot spot device for the data connection.
    01-01-11 07:20 PM
    *I do not own an iPad yet, just my opinion here*

I don't understand why one would buy from Verizon when you need to carry a mifi device to get a connection when not on wifi. Seems like An unnecessary device to have to carry and it is probably ANOTHER device that needs batteries or needs to be charged daily.

The AT&T version has it built in so i'd go that route and sell your Verizon model on ebay or CL. And I'd start my price at the price I paid for it. I usually have good luck selling devices and breaking even.
    01-02-11 10:04 AM
    Verizon is a great network and perhaps the inconvenience of carrying an extra device is worth it. I think you have a great device in your hands (ipad) and you shouldn't have to lose money to buy something that will be updated very soon. In my opinion you should stick with what you have.
    01-03-11 08:14 AM
    I bought an iPad from Verizon. I love it! I did not get the MiFi with mine. I just use it in locations where wifi is available. My thought's were is that if I needed to use it outside at a location that did not have wifi that I could always use the wifi hot spot on my phone. Most phones have the abillity to due that and using the Verizon network you can have that turned off an on so you are not paying for unused data. It's the same price paying for the hot spot on the phone verses the mifi.
    01-03-11 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD