I have had this issue a couple times now and am stumped. On my 9650, BES randomly will only sync my sent items. I have restarted the BES services on the server, and have rebooted my phone. I can send messages from my phone, but none of my new received messages sync. And messages I send from my email client sync down to the phone. Help. Thanks.
    12-31-10 10:26 AM
    Which version of BES do you have?

I had a support call open to RIM on this very same issue, they claim it's a defect in 4.1 versions prior to SP7. I found that this usually happens when a device roams on wireless network that doesn't support BES data such a cruise ships and foreign countries but at times I see this too just when a device is down and powered off for a a period of time.

For my site, I had both 4.1 and 5.0 BES for GW running. How I found it and fixed it (for the user is question) was to move the user over to the 5.0 GW BES using the Transporter and then edit the default config for that user as I discovered that even after moving a effected account over to my BES 5, they still didn't have inbox re-direction but you can re-enable in the BES 5 web interface were you CAN'T in the 4.1 no matter what you try.

RIM states you need to apply the latest SP7 and other hot fixes, I'm in the middle of migrating to BES 5 so I'm just moving my users over off the 4.1 server.
    01-01-11 09:29 AM
    BES server version is 4.1.6.19
    01-05-11 10:55 AM
    Sounds like exactly my issue, RIM support told me to update to SP 7 however I didn't since I deactivated my 4.1 server since I just moved the rest of my users to BES 5 this week.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...2E73CA69.node1

RIM support sited this:
    KB18549-Unable to receive email messages on the BlackBerry smartphone because redirection has been disabled for the inbox

Yet that article states that SP 6 for GW fixed it but I guess it didn't?
    01-07-11 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD