Yesterday I was told by T-mobile blackberry Rep that the 9700 will NOT be getting the new os6 update. I thought he was playing about the bad
    news so when i called blackberry tech support too confirm the rep said
    I didnt tell u ! but yes NO update for 9700

P.S. just passing on info i heard !
    Last edited by mike22; 12-31-10 at 08:55 AM.
    12-31-10 07:32 AM
    So what if it's not coming to TMO... their loss!

You can guarantee it'll be coming to other carriers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-10 07:41 AM
    I don't EVEN dare to believe what a representative tells me. But in time we will see. If you are correct, I'll still have the latest OS6 leak on my 9700.
    12-31-10 07:42 AM
    Feel free to use any carriers os6 release.
    12-31-10 08:27 AM
    Yesterday I was told by T-mobile blackberry Rep that the 9700 will NOT be getting the new os6 update. I thought he was playing about the bad
    So your telling me that the version of OS6 I am running on my 9700 NOW, was NOT produced by rim?
    12-31-10 08:47 AM
    So your telling me that the version of OS6 I am running on my 9700 NOW, was NOT produced by rim?
    Yes it is from RIM but beta its a test os that was leaked by someone,
    But its NOT official which means not supported by carrier and voids ur warranty ! unless u install ur carries official os back on ur phone.
    12-31-10 08:54 AM
    It was produced by rim but it wasn't official from rim. A leak is someone that works in the company that takes the os from rim and then puts it online, so in no way is supported by rim because it is not official but rim did make it but most likley will have bugs because it is not official.
    12-31-10 08:55 AM
    It was produced by rim but it wasn't official from rim. A leak is someone that works in the company that takes the os from rim and then puts it online, so in no way is supported by rim because it is not official but rim did make it but most likley will have bugs because it is not official.
    LOL!! What??? A leak isn't a "someone", it's a RIM built OS, it's just not carrier supported. Official carrier supported OS' have bugs too.

For example: Storm2's 5.0.0.1015 was leaked online in November, Verizon released it in December. Guess what?? The leaked one and the Verizon supported one are exactly the same OS, including all the bugs like broken Bedside Mode!
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-31-10 at 09:03 AM.
    12-31-10 08:59 AM
    Yeah you're right I never read the disclaimer under the leak.
    jks519 likes this.
    12-31-10 09:03 AM
    In any event, I'd wait and see. I had a VZW Rep tell me there's "no such thing as Storm2" 6 weeks before it was released. Not the most reliable sources.
    12-31-10 09:07 AM
    So you guys are saying that some shmoe working for minimum wage isn't the best source of information? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT?!!!
    12-31-10 09:41 AM
    My ex is a Telus Rep. She calls me to help her work her phones It is scary that people call her for help lol
    12-31-10 09:43 AM
    The 9700 has been replaced by the 9780 and with it, Os 6 is guaranteed out of the box so I wouldn't expect their highest priority to releasing and official os 6 for the 9700 anytime soon. I guess I'll just stick to the leaks. There is no way I'm down grading to 5.0.

12-31-10 09:48 AM
    I also talked to a T-Mobile rep and he said that I should expect to see the 9700 os 6 soon (this was about 3 weeks ago) so at any rate these people can't be trusted for the most reliable information. If T-mobile never has a 9700 os 6 then just get one from AT&T or any other carrier not a big deal.

12-31-10 10:32 AM
    But its NOT official which means not supported by carrier and voids ur warranty ! unless u install ur carries official os back on ur phone.
    True, its a work in progress that was leaked. However, it was leaked so obviously RIM created a version of OS6 to run on the 9700,. It is now up to the individual carriers to decide if/when they will "certify" a release as official for a particular device.
    Even the storms are getting updated OS's as of late.
    However it is ignorant and moot to say that OS6 is NOT coming for the 9700 when it is already here. Plus, we are on .418 on OS6/9700 in how many months? When TMOs "official" version of 5 is still .7xx I believe, while the 9700 has been out for over a year now.

This thread is pointless. Just thought I would attempt to point out the fact that OS6 IS HERE, So therefore saying its not coming is ridiculous.
    12-31-10 11:26 AM
    The BB6 leak for the 9700 has been out awhile. Just wait and see what happens.
    12-31-10 11:28 AM
    LOL @ "the CSR at my carrier's store said blahblahblah". Some of these people are liars and flat out make up stories just to get you to buy.

Now some are honest and knowledgeable and hard working but the others...sheesh...

12-31-10 02:06 PM
    *TheBlackBerry� Bold� 9700 will be eligible for an upgrade to BlackBerry device software version 6.0 in the near future.

Additional details will follow closer to the official release of the new software.
    This from the Telus web site.
    12-31-10 02:49 PM
    Even if your specific carrier releases OS 6 officially or not, you can always install any other carrier's official leak simply by deleting the vendor.xml file.

Leaks, once tested out are made official, so there is nothing about official other than it has gone through many tests and was announced as viable to install, then that leak turns into official.

OS 6 was declared to be released on the 9700 by RIM themselves so don't worry about what he told you regardless if it was true or not.

Personally, I don't see any big issue that doesn't allow a 9700 user to install OS 6 on his 9700 given the little minor glitches that should be cleaned up soon.
    12-31-10 03:02 PM

P.S. just passing on info i heard !
    And a AT&T rep told me the Torch was RIM's first 4G Blackberry.

And I highly doubt 'Tech Support' would of made a statement like that considering its not up to RIM, but the Carriers, to approve and push update(s)... What was your reason for calling 'Tech Support' in the first place?

I just don't get why people feel the need to post bullsh*t like this all the time - a REAL Crackberry enthusiast knows how things work with RIM and the different carriers...
    12-31-10 03:30 PM
    I also talked to a T-Mobile rep and he said that I should expect to see the 9700 os 6 soon (this was about 3 weeks ago) so at any rate these people can't be trusted for the most reliable information. If T-mobile never has a 9700 os 6 then just get one from AT&T or any other carrier not a big deal.

Carrier reps only know as much as they're told by the manufacturer reps tell them, and the manufacturer reps only know what they've been told from their bosses, so on and so forth, such is the story of the "phone line" theory. Don't believe a thing until it's in print on the BlackBerry or carrier website itself.
    12-31-10 05:13 PM
    Mike, please find another hobby. Stirring the pot usually does not bode well around here.
    12-31-10 09:08 PM
    Mike, please find another hobby. Stirring the pot usually does not bode well around here.

Was not speaking directly too anyone just passing along INFORMATION thats what this and other sites r for.

Mod please close this post too many rude comments.
    01-01-11 06:58 AM
    Even if your specific carrier releases OS 6 officially or not, you can always install any other carrier's official leak simply by deleting the vendor.xml file.

Leaks, once tested out are made official, so there is nothing about official other than it has gone through many tests and was announced as viable to install, then that leak turns into official.

OS 6 was declared to be released on the 9700 by RIM themselves so don't worry about what he told you regardless if it was true or not.

Personally, I don't see any big issue that doesn't allow a 9700 user to install OS 6 on his 9700 given the little minor glitches that should be cleaned up soon.
    I think this quote is the best Delete the vendor!

I got to say this topic kinda interest me but, I am sure 9700 will get OS 6 as it is really a work force
    01-01-11 07:04 AM
    I was at a VZW corporate store this week helping a friend select a new phone and the store manager told us that she had no knowledge of OS6 coming to the Bold 9650 and did not believe it would. I showed her mine running OS6.0.0.415 (official from Sprint) and she said that it had to be "bootlegged" and/or "fake" or something and would be impossible to install on a VZW 9650 anyway. LOL, we promptly left the store and bought his new phone elsewhere.
    01-01-11 10:49 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD