im still trying to diagnose my severe battery drain on my Torch. for those who arent aware of my situation that ive posted before, im seeing a 1% drain every 10 minutes or so. i barely use some of my apps so ive deleted most of them. one of these included trillian. has anyone else noticed a severe battery drain with it or any other apps? this is starting to become rediculous, where i cant even use my phone without having it drain severely, mostly while idle and not even using it. im not logged into trillian or using it, its just installed.
    12-30-10 07:36 PM
    i have trillian running on my phone all day long and my storm 2 battery lasts all day long
    12-30-10 07:58 PM
    Trillian is one of the best apps I have for IM on my phone. The others have given me problems.

If you are in an area with low reception that could be causing issues as it is constantly searching for a signal.
    12-31-10 10:45 AM
    You consider 6% an hour battery drain severe?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-10 11:00 AM
    One of the things I always do with Trillian is suspend it. I don't need it to run in the background - it stays logged in on Trillian's servers, then sends me a message if someone tries to contact me. I can start it up and go right into the conversation. No battery drain if the actual app isn't running.

When I am chatting (which I do a lot), I do see more of a battery drain, but I kind of expect that as it keeps using the data connection. But the fact that I can stay logged on without the app actually running makes it a winner for me.
    12-31-10 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD