Ive searched for an answer to my question and im getting mixed answers so im going to create a thread. If the answer is already posted somewhere ive missed it and apologize in advance for the duplicate thread...

I have this young family member that has been whining about how all his friends have a BlackBerry and he doesnt and blah blah blah. I felt bad for him (as I feel ALL teens should have BBM) and I offered him my old Telus BlackBerry Storm which I had unlocked for easy selling a long time ago but obviously never sold.

He is already in contract with Virgin Wireless Canada. I saw him at Xmas and said "hey...hows the Storm? Liking it" and he pulls out a BB Bold 9780 and says "oh....Virgin wouldnt let me activate it so my Mom got me the new Bold and I sold the Storm".

Right away I thought "Like ****! Its unlocked! If you had an issue with activation you should have given it back to me!"

I cant help but feel as though I got duped because he simply didnt like the screen....its not COOOOL like an iPhone or like the Torch. Hes like that...pretentious little turd.

Anyway....anyone know if Virgin is refusing activation of unlocked BlackBerrys from other carriers? Id like to get some insight on this so I can decide if hes getting a birthday gift in March or not LOL

CHEERS!
    12-29-10 10:34 PM
    Sorry there is not
    You need a HSPA+ device to use in Virgin, or a Virgin branded CDMA phone

They do not have en Edge/2g network.

The kid told you the truth. And no one got duped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JudasShawn likes this.
    12-29-10 10:50 PM
    Sorry there is not
    You need a HSPA+ device to use in Virgin, or a Virgin branded CDMA phone

They do not have en Edge/2g network.

The kid told you the truth. And no one got duped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks Fubaz!
    12-29-10 10:54 PM
    Will only work on Fido / Rogers in Canada.
    12-30-10 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD