Hello all,
    Just got this phone for xmas, and just today for some reason it won't go into landscape mode. Still works for youtube vids though...anyone know what I can do to fix this issue? I much prefer landscape for browsing over portrait mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 02:45 PM
    Is the keyboard open?
    May sound dumb but it won't go into landscape with it slid open.
    Any 3rd party apps that may lock screen orientation?
    I don't believe there are any native settings that lock it.
    12-29-10 03:39 PM
    As spicker said, Make sure the keyboard is closed, You may need to try and turn the device at different angles in order for the accelerometer to detect the change, If it continues to not work, I'd highly reccomend taking the device back and having it swapped, as it may have a bad sensor.
    12-29-10 03:41 PM
    Well I have everylock installed but I don't think that it has any setting that locks it in portrait mode, I may be mistaken though. And yea when the keyboard is closed it still won't go into landscape. I'll most likely bring it in tomorrow if I can't resolve it tonight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 04:10 PM
    I know this is probably a stupid question but have you tried uninstalling everylock? See if it goes back in then it may be the application causing it. If not another suggestion is do a battery pull. If this dose not help try hooking it up to to the Blackberry Desktop Manager. If not I would say take it back to the retailer that you got the phone from. I have sen it a couple of times at my store and normally a battery pull or connecting to desktop managers normally fixes it.
    12-29-10 05:10 PM
    I posted this today on a similar post.....but mine started doing the same thing when I installed a snap on front and back case.....removing the front case corrected my issues.
    01-04-11 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD