First of all let me say that ive own pretty much every single Blackberry since 2005s so i guess i consider myself to be a Blackberry fanboy somehow. While checking Engadget.com i stumbled upon the video of CEO Mike L. describing the Playbook as well as RIM strategy in the smartphone/tablet area. With all honesty, i have never seen a CEO be so ignorant and clueless in my whole life. I cannot understand why Mike and the other guy have not been fired yet. He avoid EVERY single question, gave NO indication where RIM and its Blackberry platform are going. Multicore processors? I have yet to see that. Talk about innovation? every Blackberry released looks the same. It makes me extremely say to see a company i had hoped so much, but today i have the decision to get a Samsung Captivate. I have more faith in Android platform and every day there is something new about Android. With Blackberry? All you have to do i get on crackberry.com and only see review on really crappy apps and barely any news on Blackberry.
    Sucks really!

Yeah this is a rant because i just had to let it out.

thanks for reading.

Flamesuit? Thanks but no thanks.

PS here is the link to the video:
    All Things D posts full Mike Lazaridis video from D: Dive Into Mobile -- Engadget
    12-28-10 10:56 PM
    The writing was on the wall for some storm 2 users who had more of a multimedia focus in their phone usage. Additionally, the inability to successfully port OS 6 to the 9550 made things more grim. I also noticed how some app developers have forgotten BlackBerry altogether. Maybe this will change when QNX hits, and becomes a success for RIM.
    i7guy likes this.
    12-28-10 11:39 PM
    There's widespread discontent with Blackberry now a days even with their hardcore followers. The reasons for this are lack of innovation and slow OS development. Blackberry is clearly behind the competition and need to step up their game ASAP.
    12-28-10 11:52 PM
    I also noticed how some app developers have forgotten BlackBerry altogether. Maybe this will change when QNX hits, and becomes a success for RIM.
    My concern is how easy or difficult will it be for current developers to port their current BB apps to the QNX os. Will there be a fresh new SDK and set of api's? That would be a nightmare for current developers because they couldn't just port their current code over. On the flip side, will RIM/BB port their SDK and api's to the QNX os? That would make porting current apps substantially easier, but then too a lot of developers aren't huge fans of the current development environment. Which way to go? If it's not done correctly, I could easily envision a lot of developers who've worked solely with BBos decide that if they have to relearn a whole new os, may just decide to jump ship to iOS, Android, W7 etc.. if they foresee a larger market.
    12-29-10 12:05 AM
    RIM has really put themselves in a corner. To be truthful, BlackBerry Users would really be satiusfied with any type of fight. When you constantly defend something, and that particular thing doesn't defend itself, you get discouraged. RIM has shown no fight. No Will to even step up. That's what is Making me Angry. I Love My BlackBerry. I will not jump ship. But in not leaving I will make sure RIM knows that I am unhappy. I need to know they are at least trying. Especially because I don't live in a Developing Nation that only has 2G.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 09:16 AM
    The writing was on the wall for some storm 2 users who had more of a multimedia focus in their phone usage. Additionally, the inability to successfully port OS 6 to the 9550 made things more grim. I also noticed how some app developers have forgotten BlackBerry altogether. Maybe this will change when QNX hits, and becomes a success for RIM.
    You made one of the best points in this thread. The fact that OS 6 was unable to run on recently released hardware is a failure for RIM; a real counterproductive move.

RIM should have either designed OS 6 to run on the S2 or released the S2 with Bold specs.
    Last edited by i7guy; 12-29-10 at 09:51 AM.
    12-29-10 09:47 AM
    I agree Mike and the "very good parrot" Jim are a big part of the problem, but its a part of the problem that only RIM's board can solve. The only impact we can have is by voting with our wallets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 10:19 AM
    You made one of the best points in this thread. The fact that OS 6 was unable to run on recently released hardware is a failure for RIM; a real counterproductive move.

RIM should have either designed OS 6 to run on the S2 or released the S2 with Bold specs.
    I couldn't agree more. The S2 had the potential to be a great device. To make it even worse, many of us thought with the S1 debacle that RIM would have put their all into the S2. But nope, another halfassed effort. This is one of the reasons i'm not even following any of the S3 hype.
    12-29-10 10:36 AM
    They need to have the CEO's run the company, and not market the devices to the public. Jobs can do this because he is a great salesman and marketer, but ML and JB are not.
    12-29-10 10:54 AM
    Mike's interview was terrible and shows how out of touch RIM is. They think just because they invented the smart phone segment that they somehow deserve to be on top - despite the fact that they have yet to bring something to market that is remotely inovative. The Storm was their most creative device (despite being just a copy of the iPhone with a lame *** clicking screen) and it was a horrible failure. So bad that the S3 was pulled due to the brand being so damaged. VZW took one look at it and realized that the Android phones coming this winter simply blew it out of the water. I had five Storm1's and now have a Storm2...and I will be moving to Android once the LTE devices go on sale.

The interview showed that senior management does not recognize the segment that Apple created. As a result - RIM is holding onto the past instead of looking to the future. They are toast....and the Motorola tablet will simply kill the playbook. In terms of Tablet wars...I predict it will be Apple and Motorola...the rest will be bit players fighting over a few % of market share. RIM is done.
    12-29-10 12:33 PM

Remember my points about 1015, and Open GL? I don't game all the time, but I like the option being there. Likewise, I like the option of having greater multimedia, but was happy with what the storm2 offered at the time. The OS 6 debacle, and many broken updates really hurt the storm2's rep, for me
    12-29-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD