I dont know where i messed my Upgrade for my BB Bold 9700. I need some assistance if possible please.
    The steps I took (T-Mobile User):
    1. I backed up my current BB.
    2. Deleted the Vendor.exe file.
    3. Downloaded the OS 6
    4. Loaded the DM 6 (Didnt really work, so I ran the Loader.exe. That started the process)
    5. Ran the update to upgrade to OS 6 (Never got any message about Restoring 3rd party apps)
    6. Waited, waited, waited, loaded. Done.
    7. Device rebooted.
    8. Definitely not OS 6.

So whats the issue? I have a white screen with no displays, sort of. Basically the job is all botched up and I do not know how to get it right. I tried to redo the update, but it doesnt go through the entire process like before.

I need help on two things here.
    1. Restore the phone back to the backup.
    2. What i did wrong and how to properly upgrade to OS 6. (Anything newer than OS 6.0.0.344?

Thanks,
    Sean
    12-28-10 04:26 PM
    Please remove this thread, posted a new one in the proper forum.
    12-28-10 04:31 PM
    What verison Os6 you using? If .358 and under, need to delete the two T-Mobile .cod files...assuming when you say white screen? It should be white with little icons though.

If not the case, then not sure and recommend a fresh install again.

I recommend apploader why over DM...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 05:57 PM
    Hi there!

First of all, yeah wrong side of posting but nevermind

Secondlly, since you say that the installing of OS6 was not successful means you only have OS5 or the same OS you have in the computer.

Since you have back up the phone, you should be able to restore it using DM. You find the restore option in DM. I not sure but backup files in DM, you will not receive anything prompt for third party if you selected backup all. Unless backup selected data then you can select.

To get to OS6, download the latest version and make sure you install it successfully. Then use the DM to double check if successful by plug in the USB and it will prompt you new update available. Close DM and run apploader.exe or Loader.exe (before that delete the vendor file).

However since you have a white screen now, I suggest full wipe using BBSAK (link is in my Signature) and download/install the latest OS you want first. The rest is just straight and pretty easy. Just remember to do a few battery pull and let the phone get comfortable with the new OS which could take a couple of hours (12 hours).

Lastly don't worry about 3rd party apps if you did a back up before runnig the program earlier. Chances is it is still in the system hope this helps!

12-28-10 06:13 PM
    You don't NEED to upgrade to OS 6, it is a LEAK and it has known bugs. If your blackberry was working fine before upgrading it, then why would you 'break' it?

Beats me when people never think of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. In my opinion, it worked fine on OS 5 and I jumped into the leak. I have to deal with a ton of bugs, it's annoying and battery pulls are constantly needed to restore general functionality. I'm going to downgrade soon, even with the lack of the YouTube app, it gets tiresome to deal with these device-crippling bugs.

12-28-10 06:39 PM
    You don't NEED to upgrade to OS 6, it is a LEAK and it has known bugs. If your blackberry was working fine before upgrading it, then why would you 'break' it?

Beats me when people never think of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. In my opinion, it worked fine on OS 5 and I jumped into the leak. I have to deal with a ton of bugs, it's annoying and battery pulls are constantly needed to restore general functionality. I'm going to downgrade soon, even with the lack of the YouTube app, it gets tiresome to deal with these device-crippling bugs.

I feel the same here but only hanging on because I really like the Univeral Search.

12-28-10 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD