I am a new user and know how to use a smartphone. I turn off wifi and other applications but the battery only last for say 10-12 hours at a time. It is a brand new phone from boost mobile.

On a side note, I never get a good connection. My connection bars are always going up and down. Anyone know whY?
    12-28-10 12:47 PM
    Low connection will definitely kill your battery, the phone has to work harder to keep the connection therefore your battery dies faster.

Every phone uses a different battery and has different power management, my bold 9700 literally will last me 2 full days of normal use, my friends torch lasts 13 hours...

Check with your service provider to see if your area is bad signal or if it is possibly a faulty antenna in your bb. If it's a bad antenna getting a new phone with a good antenna should fix your problem.
    12-28-10 12:56 PM
    If ur phone is constantly trying to gain a connection, it will def wear out ur battery quicker.

Every phone is different but 10-12 hours on a full charge is pretty normal for most berrys.

But it also depends on what kind of user u are, i do pretty much all texting, emailing and light web browsing.

I get a full day to day and a half off of my 8530.
    12-28-10 07:00 PM
    Double post....MODS please delete.

Sorry
    Last edited by FuturaxLabs; 12-28-10 at 07:07 PM.
    12-28-10 07:00 PM
    Boost uses Sprint's towers but does not roam on VZW or any other carrier's network like regular Sprint service. If you cannot get good service on Sprint's network, there is nothing you can do such as updating the PRL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 08:07 PM
    I have a battery life of less than 6 hours, with VERY light use, no wifi on. I have talked to Boost Mobile and they refuse to help me at all. I just got the phone a month ago. Pretty frustrated at this point.
    12-29-10 05:06 AM
    +1 for the low signal comments.

I live and work in a low signal area and the best I get is about 12 hours with normal use. Less with heavier use obviously.

About the only thing that you can do is to buy yourself an extra battery. I unplug my phone at about 4am and have to swap batteries in the middle of the afternoon. It's well worth the money to keep the Berry powered up without having to leave it in the pickup plugged into the charger in the middle of the day.
    12-29-10 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD