What a steal at $249. If you haven't heard, the Nook Color is an eReader from Barnes & Noble, but it's OS is Android. A couple of hacks here, and a couple of hacks there, and you have a fully functional Android tablet. I can't wait for it to get here.

NOOKcolor - The Ultimate Reading Experience - Barnes & Noble
    12-28-10 07:22 AM
    Ive read about it, its a nice cheap lil tablet thats even packing an A8 processor in it.

You can hack it out and get games/movies to work and even install the Android Market on it.
    12-28-10 09:59 AM
    My g/f or friend has something similar I saw it before the tab came out.
    It should be pretty cool for you........ hers had android os as well along with internet
    12-28-10 12:03 PM
    Yea my inlaws got me Pandigial e-reader, which is Android powered. Comes with a locked down version of 1.6.

To say the least i am running AOSP 2.1 O/C from 566 to 800.... nice little tab for 160.00
    12-28-10 12:07 PM
    Yea my inlaws got me Pandigial e-reader, which is Android powered. Comes with a locked down version of 1.6.

To say the least i am running AOSP 2.1 O/C from 566 to 800.... nice little tab for 160.00
    Yep thats what she has it is pretty slick not that responsive but it works....
    12-28-10 06:18 PM
    I kind of want one now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 06:40 PM
    Yep thats what she has it is pretty slick not that responsive but it works....
    the ROM im using woke it alot. but it is a resistive screen screen they are weird

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 08:03 PM
    Let us know how the rooting progress goes on it. I bought the original Nook for my wife, but rooting it is pretty pointless due to the lack of a full touchscreen and the fact that it is monochromatic.
    12-28-10 08:23 PM
    ive got one and its rooted with all Google Apps including android market. I installed the kindle app and i have somehting like 20 games on it to kill time. havent run into a single issue yet.

had launcher pro on it but removed it and kept the stock nook front end since it has its own app drawer and looks nice. Let me know if you have any issues with it i can help.

Froyo is scheduled to be pushed to it next month then gingerbread by May.

the funny thing is it gets just under 1000 on a quadrant benchmark while running Eclair(2.1) and the Samsung Galaxy tab only gets 1050's running froyo(2.2). I wouldnt be surprised to see the nook get better scores then the Galaxy Tab once it gets froyo.
    Last edited by zyiro; 12-28-10 at 08:50 PM.
    12-28-10 08:46 PM
    I would rather stick with SamTab7. TAb7 is superior to low android tablets on market..
    12-28-10 08:48 PM
    I'm reading up on it, so I'll be prepared when it gets here. There's a program called Auto-Nooter (yikes), that does it all, and is pretty straight forward.
    12-28-10 08:55 PM
    I'm reading up on it, so I'll be prepared when it gets here. There's a program called Auto-Nooter (yikes), that does it all, and is pretty straight forward.
    Nice! Makes the Sammy TABS with the locked bootloaders really look like a PURCHASE. No doubt the stab (sammy tab is better quality) but for the price Mark, and the Hack-ability, sounds like you are going to have some fun
    12-28-10 09:00 PM
    Nice! Makes the Sammy TABS with the locked bootloaders really look like a PURCHASE. No doubt the stab (sammy tab is better quality) but for the price Mark, and the Hack-ability, sounds like you are going to have some fun
    Exactly!
    12-28-10 09:02 PM

to be quite honest i have used both the nook color and the samsung tab side by side and the nook color has a much better build quality and feels more sturdy in the hand. After using the nook color for a while the samsung almost feels cheap and flimsy.

dont get me wrong the samsung tab is great but its not all its cracked up to be.
    12-28-10 09:16 PM
    dont get me wrong the samsung tab is great but its not all its cracked up to be.
    It's an oversized SGS with no SAMOLED screen. It is nothing special at all. The Moto tablet with Honeycomb, that will be the Android tablet game changer.
    12-28-10 09:24 PM
    to be quite honest i have used both the nook color and the samsung tab side by side and the nook color has a much better build quality and feels more sturdy in the hand. After using the nook color for a while the samsung almost feels cheap and flimsy.

I used the Sammy Tab the other day. It was cool, yes. I haven't tried the nook. I like things I can hack and mod. That alone steers me away from the STAB. R U guys still building sweet ROMS? Anything for the X right now?
    12-28-10 09:35 PM
    yeah were still building roms for the OG droid only...... we've been talking about expanding to other phones possibly the X and the incredible but nothing as of yet.

a new release of SD should be out here fairly soon just doing the final touches on it now. Its been slow lately though with most of us on the team being pretty busy with work and school, then the holidays came and just slowed it down even more but things are getting back in gear now though.
    12-28-10 09:40 PM
    yeah were still building roms for the OG droid only...... we've been talking about expanding to other phones possibly the X and the incredible but nothing as of yet.

a new release of SD should be out here fairly soon just doing the final touches on it now. Its been slow lately though with most of us on the team being pretty busy with work and school, then the holidays came and just slowed it down even more but things are getting back in gear now though.
    Cool man. Yeah, I am on vacation until school starts on the 18th I gave my GF the OG droid, she loves it. Got her a cool purple case too I have her running a Cyanogen ROM, but it has market bugs. I will have to check in, and load that ROM when you are finished. I have had nothing but pleasure with SD Roms
    12-28-10 09:46 PM
    Just read through the rooting process. Not hard at all.

It would be great if they can get Recovery on the Nook Color, then I'd be all in. I just may have found my next toy.
    12-28-10 11:30 PM
    Damn Rider, you are entitled to a change. WTH? Genius of geniuses at 12,000 plus post? WTF! You should be XRider, or something cool, fin.
    12-29-10 12:05 AM
    Lol. I was thinking of Mr. X
    12-29-10 12:25 AM
    That or MalcomX
    12-29-10 12:27 AM
    I would rather stick with SamTab7. TAb7 is superior to low android tablets on market..
    That they are but some of us cannot justify spending 6oo-7oo dollars on a tablet that will obsolete quicker that you can change your underwear. I'm wating for what i would consider the 3rd generation tablets.

and i want an operating system that was "made" for tablets. I have 2.1 on my WPDN and it's really not enough to draw me from my phone to use the tab.

in addition the nice thing about iPad/iPod deal is the iPad has different application variants built for the iPad. The SamTab is the EXACT same programming that my phone uses. once again not enough to draw me to the tablet. I'll wait till Android's tablet ROM stand out in variance from their phones ROMS.

They are not "superior" in anything other than the size.
    12-29-10 07:27 AM
    Just read through the rooting process. Not hard at all.

It would be great if they can get Recovery on the Nook Color, then I'd be all in. I just may have found my next toy.
    That is the only thing i do no like about the WPDN no one has built a custom recovery image it for. Flashing ROMS to it is extremely easy. Basically just power it up in recovery mode and it auto flashes the ROM. i just which i could do a nandroid backup. and choose which .zip to flash so i can change the fonts.
    12-29-10 07:31 AM
    It's an oversized SGS with no SAMOLED screen. It is nothing special at all. The Moto tablet with Honeycomb, that will be the Android tablet game changer.
    +1. Agreed...
    12-29-10 07:57 AM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD