Recent torch user. Used all bbs before. I was very annoyed with the screen tilting to landscape until stayput from shao software solved it.
    Now I find the device usable. I will admit the screen is fantastic in view but I find too much touching activities crumpled on the home screen. To name a few it has the search, phone list, connections menu, battery, not to name the apps below which you occasionally touch by mistake. I think the screen is too active and is doing something on every touch. I believe it lacks a sensitivity setting option. I wonder if someone will write ( or has written) a software to disable all this non-vital activity.
    I could use a less active screen with less to do on touches.
    Thanks.
    12-28-10 07:07 AM
    You do realize you bought a touchscreen device which is meant to be touched to do anything with?

There is a touch sensitivity option in the menu, although after reading your post I don't think anything is going to help you other then switching to a non touch device.

Options > Typing and Input > Touchscreen Sensitivity
    12-28-10 07:19 AM
    I agree with Homer that you should seriously consider switching to a more conventional device. Or...you could look into a different theme such as "Simplified" by MH designs (free).
    12-28-10 07:31 AM
    I agree with Homer that you should seriously consider switching to a more conventional device. Or...you could look into a different theme such as "Simplified" by MH designs (free).
    may I learn more about the theme "simplified". thanks.
    12-28-10 09:06 AM
    You do realize you bought a touchscreen device which is meant to be touched to do anything with?

There is a touch sensitivity option in the menu, although after reading your post I don't think anything is going to help you other then switching to a non touch device.

Options > Typing and Input > Touchscreen Sensitivity
    Thank you for the advice Homer. I understand your point and please don't think I haven't considered the possibility that I am over zealous. Still, I can't keep thinking that :
    1-The favorites downloads frequents tabs are totally avoidable
    2-To reach the manage connections from the upper bar and the search icon and the events drop down are not necessarily a hit. At least we could be offered to select the choice.
    All this fuzz I am making is not mere complaints and I still have the hope either RIM will fix it in a next upgrade or someone will come up with a "stayput" like software.
    Thank you anyway.
    12-28-10 09:14 AM
    90% of the themes right here on CB do away with the tabs and the unavoidable touching of the manage connections hotspot. You don't like them but most of the people here from other posts like the way the stock theme is with all its redundant tabs. Have a look around the theme section, most themes for the torch do away with all that your complaining about.
    morissen likes this.
    12-28-10 09:20 AM
    +1 on theme changes. Theme change did wonders for my Toech experience. All those tabs drove me nuts. Once a good theme is in pace the touch screen becomes an aid not a distraction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 09:33 AM
    +1 on theme changes. Theme change did wonders for my Toech experience. All those tabs drove me nuts. Once a good theme is in pace the touch screen becomes an aid not a distraction.

+1 to get a theme, and also make it a habit to lock your screen after every use
    jackvera likes this.
    12-28-10 09:41 AM
    I've had some of the same issues w my new Torch. I'm using the OS6 Perfected theme - does away with the tabs. I use Opera Mini as my browser. I use Sixtools to lock the screen in portrait mode and quicklaunch which allows me to do pretty much anything from the home screen. I use the physical keyboard 90% of the time. Still trying to decide if I want to keep the Torch, but the big screen is sweet and I like the flatter keyboard more than I liked the pointy keys on the 9700.

12-28-10 10:01 AM
    I just tried perfected and the only issue is that if you use a holster, every time you pull it out it pulls up an options screen due to the flap touching the screen on the way out. VERY annoying.
    12-28-10 11:27 AM
    I've had some of the same issues w my new Torch. I'm using the OS6 Perfected theme - does away with the tabs. I use Opera Mini as my browser. I use Sixtools to lock the screen in portrait mode and quicklaunch which allows me to do pretty much anything from the home screen. I use the physical keyboard 90% of the time. Still trying to decide if I want to keep the Torch, but the big screen is sweet and I like the flatter keyboard more than I liked the pointy keys on the 9700.

I agree 100%. I tried many themes but OS6 perfected has made my torch so much more enjoyable. I have stuck with it for awhile now and wont even bother trying others anymore....
    12-28-10 11:35 AM
    I just tried perfected and the only issue is that if you use a holster, every time you pull it out it pulls up an options screen due to the flap touching the screen on the way out. VERY annoying.
    Face the screen out when you holster and the flap won't touch the screen on
    removal.
    04-22-11 10:30 PM
    I use touch screen and virtual keypad almost 99%. It is around more than 2 months, I haven't open slider. So, naturally, usage of phone depends on convenience of the user. I have been using touch phones since last 6 yrs so I feel more comfortable doing everything on screen itself.
    04-22-11 11:44 PM
    In the past I use to have problem with the sensivity. Once it's set everything work well.
    04-23-11 07:51 AM
    I use touch screen and virtual keypad almost 99%. It is around more than 2 months, I haven't open slider. So, naturally, usage of phone depends on convenience of the user. I have been using touch phones since last 6 yrs so I feel more comfortable doing everything on screen itself.
    i don't use touch screen cos I have big fingers, find the keyboard much more accurate.
    09-22-11 02:28 PM
    I get what you are trying to say it here but it is a touchschreen and I think its good that u can touch in different places and there is different things all in one screehn without scrolling to a different place

09-22-11 06:05 PM
    Recent torch user. Used all bbs before. I was very annoyed with the screen tilting to landscape until stayput from shao software solved it.
    Now I find the device usable. I will admit the screen is fantastic in view but I find too much touching activities crumpled on the home screen. To name a few it has the search, phone list, connections menu, battery, not to name the apps below which you occasionally touch by mistake. I think the screen is too active and is doing something on every touch. I believe it lacks a sensitivity setting option. I wonder if someone will write ( or has written) a software to disable all this non-vital activity.
    I could use a less active screen with less to do on touches.
    Thanks.
    Try downloading the manual onto your computer (you do know how to do that, right?), and there is a nice section on adjusting the sensitivity of the trackpad. It's really that simple, doesn't need yet another program, just an adjustment that takes 30 seconds. But it's easier to post, manuals are only to read as a last resort. 'When all else fails, read the manual'. An old saw, sad but true. Or use the search button, the answer has probably been posted about 1000x. But that would require reading a bit as well, eh?
    09-23-11 05:52 PM
    The biggest issue I have is that I inadvertently shut my connections without even knowing it...anybody know any way to make that more difficult to do? I do lock my screen with a password so it doesn't happen in my pocket, but even when I'm carrying it, I manage to to do it.
    09-23-11 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD