I'm curious to see if anyone else has had this happen. On the inside of my Style, to the right, and near the corner of the hinge, my case is starting to crack. In the picture I know it looks like a scratch, but it is definitely a small crack. I have not dropped my phone since I've had it.
    12-27-10 09:33 PM
    Nope and I've dropped mine several times

Do you have Sprint's insurance on it? If so you should be able to get it replaced.
    12-27-10 10:27 PM
    Yes I have the insurance, better safe than sorry! I took it in today and they said they haven't seen this happen, and my replacement will be here tomorrow. I'm just hoping that this isn't a design flaw, and that I just got a bad one....I really do enjoy this device, and I have received more questions and comments on it than I have any other BB, or phone, that I have ever owned.

They also replaced the trackball in my daughters old Curve, so a very productive visit to my local Sprint store!!
    bimmer22 likes this.
    12-28-10 01:53 PM
    I had an old IDEN Motorola Nextel do this once. Sometime the clams do this.
    12-29-10 04:16 AM
    I have no insurance, and dropped mine 3 weeks after I had it. Mine was a little worse than yours originally and the crack is in the exact same spot. It fell from roughly a 3 foot height (as I had it in my hand) and it dropped on my hardwood surface in my kitchen. Anyway, have a look at the pics and this is what yours will eventually become. I am not sure how to fix it, tried superglue, but it only holds for a week or so. Try not to put it in your pocket because it can crack more with constant walking around with it. By the way, it had a case on it, but that doesn't prevent it from possibly cracking with a fall. I believe the design is flawed, seriously. There is a wobble effect with the top lid to the bottom portion of the phone and it's simply due to the pin that goes through the hinge doesn't seat itself deep enough into both ends (where one end is where your crack is showing).
    01-03-11 10:20 AM
    i think your phone was an isolated situation in regards to your wobble affect. i have no wobble and many others who have the phone praise it for being or feeling like a solid phone. the damage was done from the fall not by a design flaw.
    01-03-11 10:35 AM
    I have no insurance, and dropped mine 3 weeks after I had it. Mine was a little worse than yours originally and the crack is in the exact same spot. It fell from roughly a 3 foot height (as I had it in my hand) and it dropped on my hardwood surface in my kitchen. Anyway, have a look at the pics and this is what yours will eventually become. I am not sure how to fix it, tried superglue, but it only holds for a week or so. Try not to put it in your pocket because it can crack more with constant walking around with it. By the way, it had a case on it, but that doesn't prevent it from possibly cracking with a fall. I believe the design is flawed, seriously. There is a wobble effect with the top lid to the bottom portion of the phone and it's simply due to the pin that goes through the hinge doesn't seat itself deep enough into both ends (where one end is where your crack is showing).
    You wanna sell it?
    01-03-11 06:15 PM
    Im sure Sprint service can re case that. Not sure what thats going to cost however.
    01-08-11 06:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD