Well, I was just wondering if there was a good notification pop up app out there. Basically what I'm looking for is something that will display a pop up like the missed call pop up (or even how in one of the Facebook Chat apps where when someone FB IMs you, a pop up on the screen says "new message from '...' and gives you the option to view or cancel)(or like the iphone notification pop ups). But the app would be for SMS txts, normal facebook notifications from the FB app on appworld, BBM messages, and maybe even emails.

Thanks!

ALSO, it has to compatible with surepress/touchscreen devices (like my Storm2). I've tried Airize alerts or whatever it was called a LONG time ago and not only did the user interface kinda suck, but it also didn't work at all for touch devices... it tried to make the middle of my screen act like a trackball...
    12-27-10 06:32 PM
    I think Berry Popup may be what you're looking for if Im understanding you. Can be found here in the CB app store. Very nice, BellShare make very good apps.
    12-27-10 06:38 PM
    I think Berry Popup may be what you're looking for if Im understanding you. Can be found here in the CB app store. Very nice, BellShare make very good apps.
    Yah, I saw it. It looks really cool, but before I purchase it, I was wondering if there was an app that was a little less complicated, just a simple pop up that allows you to go and view the message or cancel.

If there isn't anything like that, I'll probably pick u Be Popup since it does look like a good app and I have both BeBuzz and BeWeather from Bellshare and know that they make quality apps.

Thanks for the reply!
    12-27-10 06:40 PM
    You're welcome, I use it and it's great. I was going in to detail about BellShare, then I saw you're post count and knew right away you already knew about them. LOL. Good luck!
    12-27-10 06:47 PM
    Berry popup is one of my must have apps, along with beweather and bebuzz. All are very very useful, and worth the money many times over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 08:23 PM
    berrypopup would be your best bet but it will not do BBM and FB messages. may be able to do BBM once rim opens it up to devs later this year and i dont know about FB.

if you do buy it and need help setting it up, here is a how to for made by yours truly

www.bellshare.com • View topic - BerryPopup How-To
    12-27-10 08:33 PM
    Leave It On

12-27-10 08:45 PM
    Leave It On

another good app. i love the little popups that this uses and is one of my must have apps. never used the preview options on it tho since i use berrypopup as well but im sure it works as well as the rest of the app
    12-27-10 09:23 PM
    From your post SaMaster, Leave It On would probably be a better choice for you, as it does popups for pretty much everything.
    That being said, you can't beat BerryPopup for reading the emails/sms in the popup.

12-27-10 11:27 PM
    Leave it On is tje best IMHO. Try it, you will love it.

12-28-10 12:57 AM
    From your post SaMaster, Leave It On would probably be a better choice for you, as it does popups for pretty much everything.
    That being said, you can't beat BerryPopup for reading the emails/sms in the popup.

I really wasn't going for the whole read it on the pop up deal. I don't really have a problem opening up the app, I just kinda like the notification system the iPhone has and how on the BB a little pop up comes up when you have a missed call and you can just go right to the phone app (view) or cancel out of the pop up.

I'll try Leave It On first, and if I really am not satisfied go with Be Popup.

Thanks for all the posts guys!
    12-28-10 01:08 AM
    I had leave it on for my Curve and it worked great. After I switched to a S2 I stopped using it. There was some function that doesn't work on Storms and that ticked me off, I can't remember what though.
    12-28-10 02:04 AM
    I got leave it on, and it works perfectly with my S2.

One thing though (this may be your problem Derwent)... but it seems as though the pop ups have a timer - meaning if I get an email (or whatever) the pop up stays on for up to 200 seconds or something, but then it will disappear.

Is there a way for the pop up to stay on until I click it, or go to the app? That would be really helpful!

I've emailed contact support about how to do that (or if the app even has this function).
    12-28-10 07:34 AM
    I got leave it on, and it works perfectly with my S2.

One thing though (this may be your problem Derwent)... but it seems as though the pop ups have a timer - meaning if I get an email (or whatever) the pop up stays on for up to 200 seconds or something, but then it will disappear.

Is there a way for the pop up to stay on until I click it, or go to the app? That would be really helpful!

I've emailed contact support about how to do that (or if the app even has this function).
    Go into Backlight/Popup options and set the option "Show Popup for (secs)" to 0.
    12-28-10 08:23 AM
    Go into Backlight/Popup options and set the option "Show Popup for (secs)" to 0.
    Thanks! Works perfectly.

I also really like the twirling notification icon haha

12-28-10 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD