thestar.com mobile: article

It seems RIM is going to be making changes and our QNX points are turning true. Keep track! happy reading!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 11:06 AM
    thestar.com mobile: article

It seems RIM is going to be making changes and our QNX points are turning true. Keep track! happy reading!

Link not working.
    12-27-10 11:12 AM
    Second half of 2011. That's a long time to wait for a new BB Storm 3 (maybe). If the Iphone comes to Verizon, I'm going to give it a try.
    12-27-10 11:22 AM
    Link not working.
    Link works fine and is for the toronto star mobile site. Copy and paste the link in the address bar, launch it. Runs fine in any desktop browser (it loads in firefiox's sidebar on my netbook)

12-27-10 11:33 AM
    Link not working.
    Here's the link to the full site version. The OP posted a mobile site version.
    BlackBerry maker RIM to reinvent itself in 2011 - thestar.com
    12-27-10 11:40 AM
    “One thing we have learned over the last five years is that mobile phone consumers are fickle. They will always jump ship if something cooler comes along,”
    ... ... ..
    12-27-10 01:10 PM
    I might become "fickle" in 2011 and jump ship for a dual core phone. LG 2X seems quite attractive.
    12-27-10 04:45 PM
    Reinvent? No. Maybe just give us better media.
    But I'll be happy if they can just keep up.

12-28-10 01:00 AM
    I agree with the analyst that suggest 2011 is the year RIM becomes an entry level device provider or turn things around.

Hopefully for everybody's sake they hit some home runs instead of bunting.
    12-28-10 01:15 AM
    �That is a very impressive number, given that I am not aware of anyone who has downloaded a RIM app and paid for it,� Doradla said.

Really? I don't know anyone with a BB that has NOT downloaded a RIM app and paid for it.
    12-28-10 08:28 AM
    �That is a very impressive number, given that I am not aware of anyone who has downloaded a RIM app and paid for it,� Doradla said.

Really? I don't know anyone with a BB that has NOT downloaded a RIM app and paid for it.
    Let me introduce myself, LOL. Haven't paid a dime for any BB apps. Enough free ones to do anything I need.
    12-28-10 08:41 AM

Pay for a RIM app? They can barely put a decent OS together. I have never paid for any of RIM apps. Which of RIM's apps are paid? I have FB Twitter, BBM, BBMaps, Yahoo IM and they're free.
    12-28-10 08:44 AM
    I hope RIM shines in 2011 but I'm not waiting till mid or late 2011 for a strom 3 on Verizon. And 2,000,000 apps a day down loaded? well that's 728,000,000 a year and yes most people get the free apps half never work right or rob to much memory and have low ratings so you end up deleting them any way. And RIM needs to stop concentrating on just corp. and worry about the consumer base they are loosing daily!!!!
    12-28-10 10:14 AM

Here's another. Now you know 3 that haven't paid for RIM apps

Overpriced and underdeveloped. Nuff said.
    12-28-10 10:46 AM
    �One thing we have learned over the last five years is that mobile phone consumers are fickle. They will always jump ship if something cooler comes along,� he (Co-CEO, Balsillie) said.

I looks like neither one of these CEOs should be talking to the public about their company! Maybe we are "fickled," but you don't make friends and influence customers like that! So there you've heard it; all those iphone and Android users are going to come running back to RIM in 2011 - keep sipping that Kool-Aid, Jim.
    12-28-10 12:40 PM
    I'm a business traveler... And I use my 9000 for email, internet, and a couple of apps for my own use. Between the battery pulls, the slow browser, and lack of usable memory, I usually ask my co-worker to use his droid to pull up our travel plans and book hotels. It may be great for what it was designed for 3 years ago, but App World didn't come out until after I bought my Bold.... It just can't compete! I need somthing that will work for me now... I just hope they come out with something I can use when my two-year contract is up after I buy an Android.

12-28-10 01:17 PM
    I'm a business traveler... And I use my 9000 for email, internet, and a couple of apps for my own use. Between the battery pulls, the slow browser, and lack of usable memory, I usually ask my co-worker to use his droid to pull up our travel plans and book hotels. It may be great for what it was designed for 3 years ago, but App World didn't come out until after I bought my Bold.... It just can't compete! I need somthing that will work for me now... I just hope they come out with something I can use when my two-year contract is up after I buy an Android.

Are you serious? You mean to tell me that a business traveler needs more from their devices? Not a droid! That's only a toy and cannot get "real" work done. And one who needs more from a phone needs a laptop because my berry does everything I need. I love my berry and will never ever let it go.

12-28-10 02:22 PM
    Here's another. Now you know 3 that haven't paid for RIM apps

Overpriced and underdeveloped. Nuff said.
    Nice to meet you 3.
    12-28-10 02:23 PM
    are you serious? You mean to tell me that a business traveler needs more from their devices? Not a droid! That's only a toy and cannot get "real" work done. And one who needs more from a phone needs a laptop because my berry does everything i need. I love my berry and will never ever let it go.

You win one free internet!
    Last edited by chirmer; 12-28-10 at 05:24 PM. Reason: smilies won't work for some reason...
    12-28-10 05:22 PM
    “One thing we have learned over the last five years is that mobile phone consumers are fickle. They will always jump ship if something cooler comes along,” he said.
    That about sums it up.
    And Gregski, I HATE your Avatar
    12-29-10 12:54 AM
    I have purchased several useful apps
    12-29-10 01:33 AM
    You guys are funny...

My 9700 does as much as any other phone on the market...just maybe not as fast.

I have only paid for one app in BerryBuzz, besides that, I can find everything else that suites my lifestyle for free...

I don't even know how people like Android/Apple's apps as if you didn't sit and read reviews it would take hours to find the "good" app you needed...

There are too many IMO...got better things to do than weed through thousands of apps.

12-30-10 03:15 PM
    I wouldn't say "any", more like the majority. There are plenty of things right now I can think of that the 9700 can't do because of hardware limitations alone. The PB will be the first BB that offers it all.
    12-30-10 03:30 PM
    You guys are funny...

I have only paid for one app in BerryBuzz, besides that, I can find everything else that suites my lifestyle for free...

I don't even know how people like Android/Apple's apps as if you didn't sit and read reviews it would take hours to find the "good" app you needed...

There are too many IMO...got better things to do than weed through thousands of apps.

I didn't know you could do video chat with a 9700. They must didn't include that feature on mine. I also didn't know the 9700 could manage all my pop email account folders on BIS. I didn't know it can record in HD, edit the videos on the phone and upload to faceboook or youtube. I didn't know I could turn the blackberry into a remote for dish network and manage AND watch all my DVR recording on my phone. You have some new kind of 9700.
    12-30-10 03:38 PM
    I didn't know you could do video chat with a 9700. They must didn't include that feature on mine. I also didn't know the 9700 could manage all my pop email account folders on BIS. I didn't know it can record in HD, edit the videos on the phone and upload to faceboook or youtube. I didn't know I could turn the blackberry into a remote for dish network and manage AND watch all my DVR recording on my phone. You have some new kind of 9700.
    I've had video chat on my laptop for quite a number of years, I've used it once.

While I have about 30 email accounts, all handled with Outlook 2010, only one matters to me during the day. That one email account is handled perfectly.

HD recording, okay you win.

DVR recordings from S2, can do. My provider doesn't yet allow playback but they are working on it. But why would I want to view videos on a small screen when I can watch it on a laptop screen?

There are people like me who don't care to use their phone for a desktop replacement, it's too slow to navigate without two hands on the keyboard and a mouse.

I'd rather be able to type 80 wpm then swype 20.
    12-30-10 04:07 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD