Well, my second BB leather holster broke. I got the first one replaced for free, but the plastic pin in the clip has now broken for the second time.
    I need a durable, professional looking holster that I can use at work (black prefered.) I am willing to pay a bit more for one that will last and is built well.
    Does anyone currently use a holster that they love and has lasted a long period of time?
    Thanks in advance for the help!
    07-31-08 07:28 AM
    I'm using a black leather case with a belt clip that I got at Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 07:36 AM
    I'd like to find a sturdier one as well. I just bought the BB case w/ belt clip from Verizon for my Curve last week. Sat down in my chair at work last night and caught the phone on the arm. Snapped the clip right off. There's got to be something out there that can stand up to a little abuse.
    07-31-08 07:41 AM
    Check out ebcases.com. I used to use their leather holster for a startac. It was very well made.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 07:44 AM
    I currently use the Innocase hard case and holster combo from Seidio. I think it works really well as a holster and for protection for your Curve.

It's $50, but well worth it IMHO. Plus, the holster has the built-in magnet that will put you BB to holstered mode. Great for saving on the battery.
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...HLCSRBB8300-BK
    07-31-08 07:45 AM
    +1 to the case + holster combo from Seidio. I have had mine for about 2 months and couldn't be any happier. Good protection - hardly any bulk, and sturdy!
    07-31-08 07:49 AM
    I currently use the Innocase hard case and holster combo from Seidio. I think it works really well as a holster and for protection for your Curve.

It's $50, but well worth it IMHO. Plus, the holster has the built-in magnet that will put you BB to holstered mode. Great for saving on the battery.
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...HLCSRBB8300-BK
    It looks like it comes with a skin too?
    07-31-08 07:50 AM
    It looks like it comes with a skin too?
    I'm pretty sure they have 2 styles of holsters...1 that works with a skin, and one for without.

I actuall like the design of this holster better than the leather case I had. I'm just wondering how much stronger the belt clip on the Seidio holster can be? Unless its a metal clip, is it really going to hold up any better?
    07-31-08 08:20 AM
    I worry about the clip as well.
    I need something that is not going to snap when I sit/stand or brush against a door frame.
    The above system looks great, but I can't see the clip system on the website.
    07-31-08 08:23 AM
    I use an Otterbox case, it comes with a case and holster. I work on ships and have banged it around and never had any problems with it breaking, or my phone getting hurt.
    otterbox.com/blackberry-cases/
    07-31-08 09:16 AM
    For me, those belt clips are bad news cuz the case comes off when I sit down. Belt loops are bullet and ***** proof. I wish maufacturers would provide cases with both (remove one or the other), or give us a choice of cases with a clip or a belt loop.

Regards, Paul.
    up here in Haliburton, ON
    07-31-08 09:55 AM
    I worry about the clip as well.
    I need something that is not going to snap when I sit/stand or brush against a door frame.
    The above system looks great, but I can't see the clip system on the website.
    The clip is very strong and it goes over the top of the Curve. I only had my 8310 fall out once and that was my own fault. I would not recommend just the holster without the hard case. I think Kevin did a review a while back and said that the clip was so strong that it was starting to damage the top of his 8300 (where the speaker ports are). With the hard case, I can see a little wear from rubbing, but my 8310 and the case are still in perfect shape.

I like the hard case on it because it adds that extra protection and it has the rubberized feel over the whole surface (like the sides of the Curve).

The holster also has a 7 position locking swivel clip on it so you can wear it on either side in any direction.
    07-31-08 10:05 AM
    The swivel clip is where I have the breakage...
    Is it strong?
    07-31-08 10:11 AM
    The swivel clip is where I have the breakage...
    Is it strong?
    Yes, the swivel clip seems to be very strong. Here's a couple of pics of mine. The swivel can turn 90 degrees to the left or right.
    07-31-08 10:34 AM
    Thanks for the pics!
    I think I may try that one.
    07-31-08 10:45 AM
    I got one of these type of case's for me and my GF phones. they work great and the clip is very durable. I believe you can also purchase them right here on Crackberry.

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail
    07-31-08 11:25 AM
    I got one of these type of case's for me and my GF phones. they work great and the clip is very durable. I believe you can also purchase them right here on Crackberry.

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail
    This is the one I've had.
    I have broken two....
    And I'm not even rough on them
    07-31-08 11:44 AM
    I'll check it out.
    Thanks for the info
    07-31-08 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD