hi.. fellow crackberry'ers lol

i just recently received my blackberry 8330 about a week ago after leaving the sour taste of my Treo 755p behind me and im trying to pair my bluetooth the (plantronics voyager 520) to my blackberry but it wont locate it. if many don't know what that is its the uploaded image

ive let my bluetooth charge, turned both off and on at the same time, played with the buttons etc... but my blackberry wont locate this bluetooth i remember having the same issue when sprint gave me a new 755p and i had to go back to them so they could reset something but im hoping that i'm just missing something and someone could possible tell me what it is. i checked my blackberry bluetooth and i pick up other people i current have my friends treo, blackberries, and razors linked to my blackberry so i know i pick up the signals im just unsure what to do with this bluetooth to get it to work ... if someone could possibly assist....
    07-31-08 02:59 AM
    hi.. fellow crackberry'ers lol

i just recently received my blackberry 8330 about a week ago after leaving the sour taste of my Treo 755p behind me and im trying to pair my bluetooth the (plantronics voyager 520) to my blackberry but it wont locate it. if many don't know what that is its the uploaded image

ive let my bluetooth charge, turned both off and on at the same time, played with the buttons etc... but my blackberry wont locate this bluetooth i remember having the same issue when sprint gave me a new 755p and i had to go back to them so they could reset something but im hoping that i'm just missing something and someone could possible tell me what it is. i checked my blackberry bluetooth and i pick up other people i current have my friends treo, blackberries, and razors linked to my blackberry so i know i pick up the signals im just unsure what to do with this bluetooth to get it to work ... if someone could possibly assist....
    Congrats on the new BB! I'm sure you'll love it compared to your 755p (that's where I came from too). You'll probably need to put your headset into "pairing mode". I know that with my Jawbone, there is a specific way to get it into pairing mode (my guess is that it prevents bluejacking). I looked up the pairing guide on that headset and it says to hold down the call button (with the headset off) until it starts to flash blue and red. Once it's in pairing mode, your BB should see it right away. If you still can't get it, let me know!
    07-31-08 05:26 AM
    You may want to look into whether or not your bluetooth headset is compatible with your BlackBerry. My step-mother had a problem with her headset when she switched from a Treo 650 to the Curve 8310. She bought a new compatible headset and has been fine ever since. I think you will find that 99.9% of all new bluetooth headsets will be compatible.
    07-31-08 07:55 AM
    You may want to look into whether or not your bluetooth headset is compatible with your BlackBerry. My step-mother had a problem with her headset when she switched from a Treo 650 to the Curve 8310. She bought a new compatible headset and has been fine ever since. I think you will find that 99.9% of all new bluetooth headsets will be compatible.
    I've actually never heard of that happening. The idea of having standards is that everything is supposed to work together. But, I guess that anything is possible. Anyways, I'm pretty sure that lstaplet's headset is compatable because Plantronics has pairing guides for several models of Blackberries.
    07-31-08 11:39 AM
    Go to the Plantronics web site and it shows which models are compatible. Just found our my Plantronics model 220 is NOT compatible with the Blackberry 8330. Otherwise go to your headset supplier site and should tell you.
    08-11-08 12:33 PM
    I have a Voyager 520 & a Curve 8330. No problem pairing. Just make sure that the headset is in pairing mode. Go to Set Up Bluetooth on the Curve and make sure that Add Device is checked so that it starts searching for the Voyager.
    08-12-08 09:17 AM
    Go to the Plantronics web site and it shows which models are compatible. Just found our my Plantronics model 220 is NOT compatible with the Blackberry 8330. Otherwise go to your headset supplier site and should tell you.
    I have an 8330 and a Plantronics 220 and have not had any problems with the bluetooth connecting. I just can't seem to figure out how to listen to my music through it.
    11-01-08 01:42 AM
    ya I did have the Plantronics 520 and loved it. But when I got my 8330 a little static could be heard in the background. Now I have the Moto H710 and the same problem is happening. I have the newest os 4.5.0.77, but my bluetooth version is 1.1. I thought it should be 2.0 now due to the storm.
    01-06-09 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD