Do they exist?

Cant seem to find them!
    12-27-10 03:38 AM
    Do you mean 9780 hybrid OS builds?

If so, I don't think any do exist yet because there's no need for them. All OS6 builds for the various devices are at the same early level of development, and they all suffer from the same bugs... so there would be no benefit in a hybrid OS, especially for the 9780 which seems to suffer least of all from bugs.

If and when they do start to appear, they'll be in here... http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 07:24 AM
    Do they exist?

Cant seem to find them!
    Yes, they do exist.
    Right now there are two 9780 hybrids from Section One Tuning from Indonesia (Thanks to bbbluezone.com, Section One and Bee_4ns):
    1. Section One Tuning .337 Hybrid; source: here
    2. Section One Tuning .359 Hybrid; source: here

• The modules used both in .337 and .359 hybrids are listed in the attachments (at the end of this post).

What makes these hybrids so different compared to the stock OS?
    1. Specific radio file sizes (30,924 kb in .337 hybrid, and 30,298 kb in .359 hybrid).
    2. You can decide whether you want to enable the Blackberry launcher on startup, setup wizard, sample pictures, sample video features or not by selecting 'Enable Mediakit' at the installation process.
    3. You can decide whether you want to enable the Arial, Courier, Times, Trebuchet, Verdana, Georgia, and Tahoma fonts or not by selecting 'Enable Misc Fonts 6' at the installation process.
    4. You can decide whether you want to enable the Voice Active Dialing feature or not by selecting the 'Enable English for BlackBerry Operating System 6' at the installation process.
    5. Voice Visual Mail, Youtube, Myspace, and Vendor Policy are not included on the hybrid; so there will be no media themes, translator, or other 'vendor-equipped' features (You can add these features later by yourself).
    6. You can decide to activate the event log, OS 5 ringtones, OS 6 ringtones, BlackBerry Messenger's avatar, Sample Wallpaper, and the search features or not.
    7. On .337 Hybrid, the Help! Screen and the About Screen will display 6.0.0.337; On the other hand, the Help! screen on .359 Hybrid will display 6.0.0.359 while the About Screen will display 6.0.0.284.
    8. BBM chat display bugs fixed on .359 Hybrid.
    9. East Asian and Indic Font Support on .359 Hybrid.
    10. All buttons are working perfectly.

The flaw on .359 hybrid is:

The camera bugs and screen capture issue still present. To avoid this errors, do not select the camera restore option, and do not install capture it.

The event log viewer is not included in the hybrids. To enable it, please install the net_rim_event_log_viewer_app.cod using BBSAK. Downlod the cod Here: Download net_rim_event_log_viewer_app.cod from Mirrorcreator - Upload files to multiple file sharing sites

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Download Sections One Hybrids BlackBerry Operating System .exe file.
    2. Delete all files contained in loader directory e.g. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9780M_v6.0.0.359_P6.5.0.93.
    3. Install/Execute Sections One Hybrids BlackBerry Operating System to your Desktop, and the files will automatically replace the loader files.
    4. Do a device data backup using DM, and using BBSAK if you also want to backup the user-installed application files.
    5. Do a clean wipe using BBSAK.
    6. Reload the OS.
    7. Restore all of your data.
    8. Do a few battery pulls after installation.

WARNING!!

Using Shrink-a-OS is so not recommended! But it is quite safe if you want to shrink it manually. But it's best to reload the hybrid as it is, because it was designed to be used 'out of the box'.

- Download the link for SOT .337 Hybrid here
    - Download the link for SOT .359 Hybrid here
    Last edited by bimapranachitra; 12-28-10 at 03:20 AM.
    macgreek likes this.
    12-27-10 05:21 PM
    where would i learn to make hybrids.
    can you direct me to some tutorials.
    12-27-10 10:25 PM
    i think with hybrids it's mixing files around from each firmware release.

this tool has a build a hybrid section

BBH Tool made by Lyricidal over @ BBHybrids.
    Last edited by samosa; 12-28-10 at 12:18 AM.
    12-28-10 12:16 AM
    .337 is a 9800 OS not a 9780 OS
    12-28-10 12:27 AM
    .337 is a 9800 OS not a 9780 OS
    Indeed.. but you forgot that this is a hybrid made for 9780 using 9800 OS base.
    Give it a shot and see for yourself
    12-28-10 01:21 AM
    Indeed.. but you forgot that this is a hybrid made for 9780 using 9800 OS base.
    Give it a shot and see for yourself
    I might try the .359 hybrid. Are you running either of the two hybrids?
    12-28-10 01:53 AM
    I might try the .359 hybrid. Are you running either of the two hybrids?
    Yes, I am running the .359 right now. I have had used the .337 about a month ago.

The .359 is working better than the previous .337.
    Last edited by bimapranachitra; 12-28-10 at 03:21 AM.
    12-28-10 03:08 AM
    Yes, I am running the .359 right now. I have had used the .337 about a month ago.

The .359 is working better than the previous .337.
    I loaded the .359 hybrid and My OS version is .284. I'm not to happy about that. ):

12-28-10 10:42 AM
    I loaded the .359 hybrid and My OS version is .284. I'm not to happy about that. ):

Please pay attention to the quote of the original post!

On .337 Hybrid, the Help! Screen and the About Screen will display 6.0.0.337; On the other hand, the Help! screen on .359 Hybrid will display 6.0.0.359 while the About Screen will display 6.0.0.284.
    check your help screen: hold alt+left shift+h

Please be reminded that you are using a hybrid, not a stock OS. This hybrid is using .359+.284 base OS.

If you're not happy with the result, then perhaps you shouldn't have had reloaded this hybrid. Simple, isn't it?
    Last edited by bimapranachitra; 12-28-10 at 01:02 PM.
    12-28-10 12:56 PM
    Im going to run with it today. After i installed it, i had 345mbs application memory! I Loved That!
    12-28-10 01:10 PM
    Im going to run with it today. After i installed it, i had 345mbs application memory! I Loved That!
    Glad to hear that, enjoy
    12-29-10 09:32 PM
    I'm really struggling to see why anyone would want to install a hybrid that uses an old Torch OS base, with files from the latest 9780 OS added to it

Surely the latest official OS (.359) on it's own will perform better?

Please enlighten me bim...

12-30-10 12:29 AM
    That's exactly what I was wondering too when this thread first started /:

12-30-10 02:09 PM
    I'm really struggling to see why anyone would want to install a hybrid that uses an old Torch OS base, with files from the latest 9780 OS added to it

Surely the latest official OS (.359) on it's own will perform better?

Please enlighten me bim...

SOT .359 have faster browser, wifi, and more stable build than the stock OS, and minimum average discharge rate (4.2% per hour monitored via meterberry).

I suggest you should share your experience and reviews using this hybrid, Phill.

You may also ask the mod to ban me if I'm wrong on this
    01-01-11 02:08 AM
    SOT .359 have faster browser, wifi, and more stable build than the stock OS, and minimum average discharge rate (4.2% per hour monitored via meterberry).
    Faster browser - How do you measure this? I find it hard to believe that your browser is any faster than mine is on stock .359

Faster wifi - Again, how is this measured? My wifi is lightning fast on stock .359 and I can't imagine it any faster

More stable build - You're just talking rubbish now Bim, nothing can be more stable than an already stable stock OS

4.2%/hr Average Discharge Rate - That's not only a very poor figure, but it has almost no relevance to the OS being used.
    ADR is specific to the owners usage of the device, and the apps installed on it. It cannot be used as a positive selling point

To prove your theory wrong, just take a look at my ADR on stock .359...

I suggest you should share your experience and reviews using this hybrid, Phill.

You may also ask the mod to ban me if I'm wrong on this
    I have no intention to do either, thanks
    01-01-11 06:38 AM
    Faster browser - How do you measure this? I find it hard to believe that your browser is any faster than mine is on stock .359

Faster wifi - Again, how is this measured? My wifi is lightning fast on stock .359 and I can't imagine it any faster

More stable build - You're just talking rubbish now Bim, nothing can be more stable than an already stable stock OS

4.2%/hr Average Discharge Rate - That's not only a very poor figure, but it has almost no relevance to the OS being used.
    ADR is specific to the owners usage of the device, and the apps installed on it. It cannot be used as a positive selling point

To prove your theory wrong, just take a look at my ADR on stock .359...

I have no intention to do either, thanks
    Talking rubbish? We'll see Phill.

Please do remind that we are living in a different part of world, where your country is a four seasons country, and mine are two seasons (also the subtropical one).

The ADR has something to do with the phone's temperature. In my country the common temperature for stock .359 is 34-36 degrees; while with this hybrid it will give me 30-32 degrees (and 29 degrees at its mildest climate).

Also, the maximum Blackberry internet speed here is only 384Kb/sec (I know it sucks), and by using this hybrid the speed would be doubled.

Let's see if you are once again able to prove me wrong by testing this hybrid and compare to these specs in your country's temperature.

By the way, here's the meterberry report on the .359 hybrid (remember, I'm using it in my country):

Last edited by bimapranachitra; 01-01-11 at 12:31 PM.
    01-01-11 12:29 PM
    Don't twist my words Bim. You're always on the defensive, trying to cause an arguement with anyone who legitimately questions you.

I'm keen to learn, and just posted a simple request for clarification on a few points you made.

I certainly wasn't aware that OS builds are country and climate sensitive, nor was I aware that your hybrids are temperature tested across all seasons before release...

...but now I do know, and thanks for your insight
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 01-01-11 at 01:20 PM.
    01-01-11 01:08 PM
    Don't twist my words Bim. You're always on the defensive, trying to cause an arguement with anyone who legitimately questions you.

I'm keen to learn, and just posted a simple request for clarification on a few points you made.

I certainly wasn't aware that OS builds are country and climate sensitive, nor was I aware that your hybrids are temperature tested across all seasons before release...

...but now I do know, and thanks for your insight
    No, I'm not. But then again it's your choice to doubt my statements.

I am simply describing you all the experience I have with this hybrid.

To clarify this is simply to test it, or it will only be left as our own perceptions.

You can trust me this time, Phill. And no offense was intended from the beginning and the end of this discussion.
    01-01-11 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD