I've had my Blackberry Pearl 8130 for about 6 months. I consider myself fairly "versed" in most things on my BB.
    I had no problem setting up my work e-mail address to push to my BB when I had my old work e-mail address. We recently got new e-mail addresses and are using "First Class". I got a message today that said I would no longer receive my work e-mail on my BB, because it was "not verified"("validated",or what ever it said) I tried to validate, no luck. I deleted the work e-mail address and tried to set it up again, still no luck.
    Anyone else using First Class for work e-mail and having the same problem?
    Not that I'll die without getting work e-mail on my BB, I just want it because...well, just because I (hopefully) can have it pushed to my BB! I'm BIS by the way.
    Last edited by opiesusan; 07-30-08 at 11:49 PM.
    07-30-08 11:34 PM
    Check with your company IT dept. to see if the server name changed. It maybe different now.

We are on and MS Exchange server, and when we upgraded from MS Server 2003 to MS Server 2007, the server name changed, but the old one worked for 7-10 days after the change.
    07-31-08 12:22 AM
    I did that and put in the new server name. Still no luck.
    07-31-08 10:47 AM
    Here are the rules you will need to forward your CAB mail to your Blackberry. You must first have a Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) account/address from your cellular provider. This is a service feature that will need to be added and will have a monthly cost associated with it. Once set up your cellular provider will provide you with an email address, for example [email protected]. This address will be necessary in completing the rules below.

All 3 rules MUST be listed in the exact order you see them above.

Before you set them up you will need to create a folder called Blackberry Sent in your CAB inbox.You will also need to log into your Blackberry Internet Service account to put your CAB email address in the BCC field.

Anytime you create or reply to an email from your Blackberry the first rule will place a copy of that email into the Blackberry Sent folder. After you have moved the rule into your Rules section of CAB open the rule, put a check mark next to Enable and replace where you see "[email protected]" with your Broward Schools email address.

The second rule will limit the size of attachments that go out to your Blackberry. You will need to again Enable the rule, and on this one you will need to replace "[email protected]" with your BIS account address.

The third rule actually forwards the email from CAB to your Blackberry. You will need to again Enable the rule, and on this one you will need to replace "[email protected]" with your BIS account address.

It is important to do all three rules as stated above to comply with our public records policy as well as control the traffic going through the CAB server. Feel free to give me a call if you need any help.

Please send me your full email address so that I can send you information received from our IT Department. At my school, we also use FirstClass email system. It is very easy to setup. Finally, check out instructions on Crackberry concerning receiving FirstClass email on your blackberry. Conduct a search using the words FirstClass email.
    07-31-08 11:18 AM
    Wow...all these "rules"! Is all this just because it's "First Class" e-mail?
    I have set up other e-mail addresses to be pushed to my BB, and sure didn't have to go through all that.
    Thank you for all the info. I will do a search on CB.
    07-31-08 11:50 AM
    There is a much simpler way to redirect your work email (FirstClass) to your Blackberry.

Steps:

1. Set up an email address for your Blackberry through your cell phone company i.e. [email protected]
    2. Open up FirstClass, then click Preference, then click Messaging. Under Messaging go to Automatically forward, then change Local mail, Internet mail to YES, then under Method click REDIRECT. Under Forward to: enter your Blackberry email address, i.e. [email protected]. Finally, click apply. Your First Class email will be redirected to your BB.

OR YOU CAN:

1. Complete steps 1 & 2 above
    2. Click Maibox Rules, then click New Receive Rule
    3. Enter the following information:
    4. Name: Redirect to Blackberry, check Enabled box
    5. When: Message Received
    6. If: ALL
    7. Always
    Then: Redirect to [email protected] (your carrier's address)

PLEASE let me know if it works for you.
    Last edited by mckeesavage; 07-31-08 at 02:15 PM.
    07-31-08 02:12 PM
    I don't want it to be re-directed, just pushed to my BB. I still want to get it at work, but be able to see the e-mail when I'm away from work.
    I'm going to talk to my IT dept. tomorrow. Thanks for all your suggestions!
    07-31-08 03:41 PM
    Hi Susan, we use CAB at my school also and I also want to do what your asking. Stillwant it to come at school ... but would love it to showup on my BB also. Didn't realise this one was so complicated.
    What school do you work at in Broward Cty?
    10-28-10 05:28 PM
    Hi Dusty, I don't own my BB Pearl anymore. I have an iPhone now, and have the First Class App. I did end up getting First Class email pushed to my BB, after talking to my IT department again. I don't remember now how they/I got it to push.
    I don't work in Broward Cty. I'm in Central Oregon.
    10-29-10 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD