I've just used my 9330's "check for updates"option to check for the same.It comes back saying that there's an update "6.0.0.415 available.I contacted my service provider(Sprint)to ask if their network supports that OS version.Sprint tech.support(I wud assume tech support level 1 cuz they had to put me on hold to obtain the answer to my query)tells me that their network does support the OS 6.0.0.415. But they told me that the update will cause the 9330 curve to lock up and freeze.I've tried to contact RIM tech.support to no avail.All I get is a search query box and when proposing the question in the search box it returns no answer to the question.So bottom line question is to answer the question:if the option to check for updates built in in the phone says the update is available and the service says their network supports the 6.0.0.415 OS but says that they update will cause the phone will lock up.which is right the phone option or service provider Sprint?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 12:00 AM
    There is an official release by Sprint, but seeing how users have had issues with OTA updates I wouldn't recommend updating it OTA on the device. I would download the OS and update the OS through desktop manager. I don't see why Sprint would release a OS that would lock up and freeze the phone, seems kinda pointless of an OS update haha.

Download link for the 9330 for Sprint:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B77C00C3.node1
    12-25-10 12:04 AM
    My 9650 locked up on reboot when I tried updating from Sprint's OTA update. My phone was totally useless. Wouldn't shut off or reset. (app error 200). I had to take the phone to a service center and have them do a hard reset. Luckily, I backed up my phone before trying the download. Use the official Sprint link from yesterday's (12/23) post. It takes you to the Blackberry site. Choose your device and follow the prompts. When the download is complete, open Desktop Manager. If you've set it to automatically notify you of updates, it'll show a window to download to your device. If you haven't set the auto update feature, click "Device" in the upper left-hand corner, scroll to "update device" and it will start the download. It's easier and faster than using the OTA method. Works great! Good luck.
    12-25-10 12:50 AM
    I did mine via ota,turned out great and I love the scrolling.

12-25-10 11:49 AM
    I got my update OTA, and then for the following hours I regretted it. I wanted to make sure the battery didn't die, so I left it plugged in. It had me reboot, then enter my password, and then it downloaded the patch. I came back in an hour and it was seriously screwed up, or so I thought. Seeing as I did this in the evening hours, I didn't have much choice but to leave the phone locked up, or at the very least, seeming like it was extremely bogged down. I also figured that it was possible my phone was acting like a vegetable because it was updating. I woke up a few hours later after I started this ordeal (about 7 hours from the start of updating) to find my phone working just as it was before the update. I then went back to the OTA update screen, and it said I could schedule a time to complete the update, or do it now. Seeing as I work swing shifts, and was getting myself ready for the evening shift a day in advance, at 3am I said now. It then backed up my information OTA (which I had done myself on my computer anyway before starting the update), and it patched in the new OS. And it patched, and patched, then restarted, then patched some more, another restart, and it restored my info OTA. It is defiantly not a task meant to be completed for the faint of heart. I think it would have been nice to have been given some idea how long it would take to do this OTA, as it does render your phone useless for hours at a time. I think one should be told that it is a two part ordeal as well. I don't know how long it would have taken if I would have used my computer, or if I would have had Sprint install the OS, but if you can afford to miss phone calls while you sleep, then your fine. You should update only while you sleep so you don't worry about if you screwed up your phone. Remember, that by updating, you may lose some themes and programs, but if you want the new OS, sacrifices have to be made. It takes some effort to know your phone again, but not much time, about a half an hour. If you don't like OS 6, you have an option to downgrade back to OS 5, but seeing as my phone works fine, I am keeping it.
    12-29-10 03:33 AM
    Lol, if it's in the OTA upgrade section then of course it's compatible
    BTW, it's probably better to use loader.exe to update.
    12-29-10 02:03 PM
    I've done every update that's been available "OTA". I've never had an issue. I'm a truck driver, with OS6, I hit the dock, went to sleep and woke up to a new Blackberry... Better than Christmas!

01-03-11 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD