Greetings fellow crackberry addicts and RPG fanatics.

A few weeks ago I downloaded Final Fantasy I for my Blackberry Torch and I must say, it's the funnest game I've ever had on a phone. Granted, I am an RPG buff, but this port (from the re-issued playstation version I believe) is perfect for the Blackberry.

All this to say, when I got stuck, or when I needed help I came to the Crackberry forums for guidance. I found it odd that very few people/threads had been started on the subject. Sure there are a few that touch on the subject, but I decided to start an official resource thread for anyone who needs help, hints, tricks, or simply just to vent because their parties keeps going down.

First let me begin by listing a few other threads on the subject:

This one is from 18to12fitty who is asking for help in in marsh cave:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f149/fi...-hints-556610/

from that thread you can find a link to a GameFAQs walkthrough:
    GameFAQs: Final Fantasy (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by DJellybean

However, I found an alternative to going back and fourth between the game and the gameFAQ, scrolling through the text-looking guide. A while ago I found a thread ( I can't find it anymore, so please if you know which one I'm talking about, please post it for the proper credit) which provided details to a site with an ebook guide and the ebook reader for the file.

Here are the links:

Here is the site where I found both files:
    RPG: Final Fantasy I for BB Walkthrough EBook | Get Blackberry Info

Direct link to the Mobipocket ebook reader site:
    Mobipocket
    (1 thing though, this app is ALWAYS on on my Torch, can't shut it down...)

The ebook guide can be found in a zip file downloadable on the getblackberry.info site.

The great thing about this ebook is the table of contents and the maps provided with it. It's easier to cycle through and to find exactly what you're looking for than the gamefaqs site.

All that being said, I hope I've managed to help out someone with this info. I will be posting some more on this thread with tips and ideas for different sections of the game as I go through it.
    12-24-10 08:53 PM
    I am currently using a party which consists of 2 Warriors(W), 1 Black Mage(BM) and 1 White Mage (WM), all of which are at level 19.

I am currently at the Ice Cave, attempting to get the Levistone (floater) and getting my a$$ rocked by a few specific mob types. Looks like I'll have to grind a few levels before attempting the journey down (for the sixth time)
    12-24-10 09:02 PM
    I've just bought the game for my Tour and it has one serious flaw. Every few second the game pauses with a menu " "Game interrupted. Press 5 to resume".

I've read some of the user review and some were getting the same thing. Can anyone please tell me how to overcome this issue? otherwise the game looks and plays fantastic but the above issues makes it almost unplayable.

I've tried turning off the network and no luck.
    12-25-10 10:38 AM
    The game prompts a similar message on the Torch but only when rotating the device or sliding the keyboard out. I don't know why it would do that on the Tour...

Any other Tour FFI pllayers care to validate/help out with this one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 02:39 PM
    It must be a Namco problem because I got the same message on my screen while playing Tekken on my BB. All I had to do was turn off my network and the game never paused again.

I download FF1 a few weeks ago, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. To many games ahead of that one left to complete. I heard a lot of good things about this classic so I can't want to finally see what all the fuss is about.

12-26-10 08:20 AM
    Which BB do you have? Let us know how FF goes for you. Unfortunately turning the network off does nothing for me, so its deffinetly a Namco issue. There customer service are off until Monday.

It must be a Namco problem because I got the same message on my screen while playing Tekken on my BB. All I had to do was turn off my network and the game never paused again.

I download FF1 a few weeks ago, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. To many games ahead of that one left to complete. I heard a lot of good things about this classic so I can't want to finally see what all the fuss is about.

12-26-10 09:28 AM
    8530 curve. Will do.

12-26-10 05:40 PM
    To shut down mobipocket, right shift + q from the library

12-27-10 11:32 PM
    To shut down mobipocket, right shift + q from the library

OMG!!! Thank you sooooooooo much!!!!
    And a happy new years to you too!!!

12-30-10 10:29 PM
    You done goofed, son.

Best party for a beginner is Fighter, Black Belt, Black Mage, White Mage.

Do not equip weapons or body armor on the Black Belt. They bring down his damage and evasion. Remember, be like water. Seriously. In FF1, you can stack TEMPER and HASTE spells. Temper = hit harder, Haste = hit more times. Seriously, you can DESTROY Chaos by constantly buffing your Master, and letting your Knight soak up most of the damage. You will do exponentially more damage each turn, when casting the proper spells or using the proper items that have the same spell effects.

In the GBA remake, it is possible to smack Chaos for insane damage each turn with a buffed Master, and no one else attacking. Easy enough to take him down in less than 12 turns.
    01-02-11 11:34 PM
    Anybody running it on a 9700? Is it running smoothly?

01-09-11 08:20 AM
    I dont think this version is the same as the GBA one, or the PSP one.
    Just to be sure, there aren't any pheonix downs in FFI right? Also only 1 type of potion, right?

01-10-11 03:59 PM
    I got really confused by that too. I'm pretty sure, there are supposed to be a BUNCH of other items. I couldn't find a walkthrough for the balckberry version so I found one meant for the iPhone, and it has all the items that are supposed to be in the game. If anyone has any info on why, please let me know. Also there are supposed to be other secret dungeons that are unlocked after certain bosses are defeated, but it would seem like squareenix decided to pull these items and dungeons out of the final version for blackberry.

01-13-11 03:32 PM
    I dont think this version is the same as the GBA one, or the PSP one.
    Just to be sure, there aren't any pheonix downs in FFI right? Also only 1 type of potion, right?

yeah there are only potions..so stock up on sleeping bags

im currently running this on 9300 runs almost perfect but when i use black or white magic the timer pops up but all good.
    06-18-11 12:57 AM
    I need help using the mobipocket ebook reader. I already installed mobipocket and then I put the final fantasy walkthrough file(unzipped) in the ebook reader folder. I launched mobipocket but can't find the final fantasy file. I go into the library menu but its not in there unless I need to go elsewhere?

06-19-11 06:28 PM
    I need help using the mobipocket ebook reader. I already installed mobipocket and then I put the final fantasy walkthrough file(unzipped) in the ebook reader folder. I launched mobipocket but can't find the final fantasy file. I go into the library menu but its not in there unless I need to go elsewhere?

Install the reader first then transfer the ebook into the ebook folder in your memory card
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    06-20-11 01:02 PM
    Thanks. I actually might have downloaded the wrong version. I downloaded the storm 6.0 beta and it works fine now.

06-21-11 08:25 AM
    hahaha i have this game n im so lost! hahaha
    06-25-11 12:06 AM
    Thanks for all the info!
    02-26-12 01:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD