I just upgraded from my BB Tour to the BB Bold yesterday. I was shocked to see that my favorite app does not seem to be available for this model. Is there some sort of workaround for this? If not has anyone heard of when it will be available for this phone?

Thanks in advance.
    12-24-10 02:26 AM
    A lot of apps that are available for blackberry's do not seem to be compatible with this phone i dont know if its because developers are lazy or what but even the UPS and several banking apps do not work with the bold 9650
    12-24-10 08:31 AM
    I just upgraded from my BB Tour to the BB Bold yesterday. I was shocked to see that my favorite app does not seem to be available for this model. Is there some sort of workaround for this? If not has anyone heard of when it will be available for this phone?

Thanks in advance.

I have it on my 9650 and it works fine , I have used it several times over the past 2 weeks
    12-24-10 09:03 AM
    I have it as well and I've gone back and forth between operating systems and Shazam has always worked without a hitch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-10 09:35 AM
    I too have it on my phone and it works fine. I have the paid version and they had no problem transfering it to the new pin.
    12-24-10 09:57 AM
    I have it on my 9650 and it works fine , I have used it several times over the past 2 weeks
    How do you have it on your phone? Where did you download it from?

I have checked BB app world on my phone and when i do a search for "Shazam" the only thing that populates is something called "leave it on." I also checked BB app world online and it says that the app is not supported on this model.

However, I checked my friends curve and Shazam shows up as soon as I do a search in BB app world on her phone.

Anyone have a direct link to a download that I can open up from my phone to download it?
    12-24-10 10:37 AM
    How do you have it on your phone? Where did you download it from?

I have checked BB app world on my phone and when i do a search for "Shazam" the only thing that populates is something called "leave it on." I also checked BB app world online and it says that the app is not supported on this model.

However, I checked my friends curve and Shazam shows up as soon as I do a search in BB app world on her phone.

Anyone have a direct link to a download that I can open up from my phone to download it?

Shazam
    12-24-10 10:57 AM
    Doesnt work, tried that before. When I click on BB app world icon it says my device is not supported. When I click on send link to your blackberry, I get a dialogue box that opens up for choosing an email address to send it from. I click on Yahoo (because i have a yahoo account) and all it does is open up a new tab with yahoo mail open and says this in the "To" line:

mailto:?subject=Download Shazam on BlackBerry

There is nothing in the message body, or an attachment.
    12-24-10 11:15 AM
    Doesnt work, tried that before. When I click on BB app world icon it says my device is not supported. When I click on send link to your blackberry, I get a dialogue box that opens up for choosing an email address to send it from. I click on Yahoo (because i have a yahoo account) and all it does is open up a new tab with yahoo mail open and says this in the "To" line:

mailto:?subject=Download Shazam on BlackBerry

There is nothing in the message body, or an attachment.
    You can't send it right to your phone ?

Shazam
    12-24-10 11:19 AM
    You can't send it right to your phone ?

Shazam
    I get the same message from that link from my computer and my phone:

Sorry, Shazam has not recognised your device. It may not be supported.

We may be able to recognise your device if you change your browser settings. Click below for details on how to change these settings and we may then be able to recognise your device.

Help me to recognise my device

Go to FAQs
    12-24-10 11:28 AM
    Is your Browser Identification/Emulation set to "Blackberry"?
    12-24-10 01:01 PM
    Is your Browser Identification/Emulation set to "Blackberry"?
    There is no option (as far as i know) to do that in OS 6.0
    12-24-10 01:30 PM
    I get the same message from that link from my computer and my phone:

Sorry, Shazam has not recognised your device. It may not be supported.

Sorry I could have been more help , I am sure someone can help you.

Good Luck
    12-24-10 02:09 PM
    are you running os6? because it works fine on my 9650 w/ os5. i d/l'd it straight from appworld
    12-24-10 03:11 PM
    There is no option (as far as i know) to do that in OS 6.0
    Ok. I missed the part where you said you were using 6.0.

My guess is that the app is not compatible with that OS yet. And that that issue is the problem rather than the device model.
    12-24-10 03:26 PM
    Ok. I missed the part where you said you were using 6.0.

My guess is that the app is not compatible with that OS yet. And that that issue is the problem rather than the device model.
    It took a really long time for Shazam to release a Torch-friendly version. Like over 2 months. Hopefully some of that work saves time releasing a BB6-friendly version for other devices. I wouldn't expect anything until a bit after BB6 is officially released for a device though.
    12-24-10 03:44 PM
    You are going to have to down grade to OS 5.0 and install shazam and then upgrad your OS again to OS 6. It is the only way i got mine to work but it works just fine on OS 6
    12-24-10 03:49 PM
    You are going to have to down grade to OS 5.0 and install shazam and then upgrad your OS again to OS 6. It is the only way i got mine to work but it works just fine on OS 6
    Yes, you're right. Great idea!

This will absolutely work. I couldn't do it going from 9700 to 9800 since the untimely demise of my 9700 prevented transferring of apps.
    Once I BBID'ed myself on App World with my 9800, I was disappointed to see Shazam listed as unavailable. However others on CB said their previous version worked just fine.
    12-24-10 08:18 PM
    How do I downgrade?
    12-25-10 01:54 AM
    12-25-10 09:22 AM
    Thanks i'll try this tonight.

So, once I downgrade I should install Shazam. Then upgrade to OS 6?
    12-25-10 09:54 AM
    Yep. ........
    12-25-10 01:55 PM
    I had the same problem, you dont need to downgrade, just download the files from Download Shazam for BlackBerry 9630 Tour and install using desktop manager.

I had the same issue, I had a problem with my bold and had to wipe it, reinstall the new OS6 and when I went to get things back to normal I found shazam missing. I searched for direct file downloads for shazam for the tour and it installed fine with the desktop manager. You dont need to waste time downgrading and upgrading. When you hit the link up top, I just set "my phone" model to be the blackberry tour and I clicked "download app" a pop up comes up and I hit the "download this application" link in blue along with the "ALX file" link also in blue. Let me know if you need help.
    Last edited by vincheung; 12-30-10 at 11:43 PM.
    12-30-10 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD