hey i cant seem to install the new OS6 on my 9650

like i was able to download and install it on my computer. but when i open up DM it cant find it when i select update my device.

where would the installed version be located at on my computer?
    and how can i go about fixing this so that i may install it on my 9650?
    12-23-10 12:52 PM
    Try using loader.exe instead. Go to:

C:/ > Programs Fiels (x86) > Common Files > Research in Motion > apploader

Delete vendor.xml just in case and then run the loader.exe. It should load fine.

Make sure you back up your info thru DM before updating
    12-23-10 12:54 PM
    Since the release is for Sprint, not Verizon, you can't use DM to update your device. You need to go through AppLoader.

Once the software is installed, go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader. Delete the vendor.xml file first, then double click apploader towards the top of that folder.
    12-23-10 12:54 PM
    thankyou, its working now =]
    12-23-10 01:00 PM
    Since the release is for Sprint, not Verizon, you can't use DM to update your device. You need to go through AppLoader.

Once the software is installed, go to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader. Delete the vendor.xml file first, then double click apploader towards the top of that folder.
    I have never used apploader, I have always used DM. Just have to make sure after downloading the OS, unplug from internet and install.
    12-23-10 02:21 PM
    Even when installing an OS update from another provider?
    12-23-10 02:31 PM
    Even when installing an OS update from another provider?
    Ya, just deleted the vender file, disconnected from the internet, and click update phone and it will find the OS on my computer and say there is an update for my phone and I will update it. Did it the same was this morning with this new OS6. I could never get the apploader to work for me. I don't know maybe its me, but you can use DM,
    12-23-10 02:45 PM
    Whatever works for you. I always find that apploader works for me since I prefer to shrink the OS.
    12-23-10 08:59 PM
    what do you guys mean when you say disconnect from the internet? the computer? the BB? thanks
    12-23-10 09:33 PM
    They mean the computer itself.
    12-23-10 09:35 PM
    Ya, just deleted the vender file, disconnected from the internet, and click update phone and it will find the OS on my computer and say there is an update for my phone and I will update it. Did it the same was this morning with this new OS6. I could never get the apploader to work for me. I don't know maybe its me, but you can use DM,
    Well I went to put OS6 on my girlfriend's 9650 last night and went into DM to do a back up before I went to use AppLoader and it prompted me to upgrade. Thanks for that.
    12-24-10 08:21 AM
    Well I went to put OS6 on my girlfriend's 9650 last night and went into DM to do a back up before I went to use AppLoader and it prompted me to upgrade. Thanks for that.
    What version was the update? Just use app loader, it's a lot less trouble than DM.
    12-24-10 08:29 AM
    I agree with using apploader. It is a whole lot easier and less hastle. Just remember no matter which way you go, back up you info and apps.
    12-24-10 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD