Hello,

I was on my blackberry, clicked to launch the New York Times, and it turned off.

It will not not turn on and nothing appears on the screen. The LED Blinks TWO (2) times then waits then again.

I tried following the guide here on HOW TO NUKE A BLACKBERRY:
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

The following SAME thing happens if i launch it /nojvm or regular.
    1. I load the wizard, it pops up. my phone is NOT CONNECTED.
    2. I click next, to the screen where you select your phone. I plug my phone in, i hear the windows DEVICE CONNECT SOUND, I click next as soon as it says "USB DEVICE:Unknown".
    2.5 (forgot) I type in my password and then click next.
    3. It waits while connecting THEN i hear a DEVICE DISCONNECT SOUND!!!!!
    4. It says failed to connect to device.

Something funny is going on because it was connected, and then i hear the windows device disconnect sound.

I have tried this with different USB cables and ports. NO usb hubs directly into the macbook (on windows xp) laptop.
    I have tried this with the battery in, and out, same thing.

PLEASE HELP ME
    Last edited by rarara77; 12-22-10 at 07:25 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
    12-22-10 07:21 PM
    Tip: The USB-PIN:UNKNOWN option will display for a few seconds when the BlackBerry is first connected/flashing its LED in red. With a Nuked BlackBerry, That occurs when the device is in the initial start-up part of it's reboot sequence. The easiest way to get that to happen (vs. waiting for that step in the reboot sequence where you have a tenth of a second to hit Next before you lose your chance) is to simply pull the battery from the BlackBerry. With the battery pulled, connect the BlackBerry to the USB connector and as SOON as you see USB-PIN:UNKNOWN hit Next. You have to be quick still, but using this method you are in control of the timing. From there you can put the battery back in and battery cover back on (Make Sure you install the battery or else when the OS update is completing and the device disconnects from the computer to reboot, it will lose the power provided by the USB connection and you will get an error and have to do it all over again!).

** If you don't get it right the first time, try again (unplug from USB, pull battery, connect and hit Next while USB-PIN:Unknown is showing). You have to be fast and the timing is key, so it may take you three or four tries.
    did you see this part in the instructions? if you follow this....to the T....it will work.
    12-22-10 09:44 PM
    So just to be clear, you're trying to UN-nuke a BlackBerry. I read the thread title and said to myself, "Why would one want to nuke their BB?"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 09:57 PM
    I am trying to do that, is this the exact correct set of actions:?

I am trying this on 2 computers.
    1. blackberry is unplugged, no battery, no mem card, no sim card.
    2. open Loader.exe
    3. hit next
    4. plug in blackberry
    5. clicking next fastfinger as fast as possible

On computer 1:
    6. it appears saying the USB-Pin: then the pin
    7. it tries to connect, makes the windows disconnect sound then says failed THEN makes the windows hardware connect sound.

on computer 2:
    6. it appears as usb-pin unknown
    7. it tries to connect, makes the windows disconnect sound then says failed THEN makes the windows hardware connect sound.

note: before when using the loader program it asked me for a password, i thought this was messing it up, so i entered an incorrect password 10 times and now it now longer asks me for one.
    also i'm not sure it's wiped, i mean i think it is I used jl_cmder but I'm not sure that worked because I don't think it could connect.
    12-22-10 10:07 PM
    After it reads your pin (this may take several attempts) and you choose your os, insert your battery again
    Also, try getting off by just using your apploader once and report back! If you need help finding that, report back
    Last edited by doubledecker; 12-22-10 at 10:15 PM.
    12-22-10 10:12 PM
    I thought I did not want it to read my pin and come up as UNKNOWN??
    12-22-10 10:14 PM
    if your BB is nuked its going to say unknown.
    12-22-10 10:22 PM
    did you see this part in the instructions? if you follow this....to the T....it will work.
    Didnt work 4 me, had 2 BBSAK
    12-22-10 10:24 PM
    BBSAK works best, since it's a shortcut to app/loader

12-23-10 04:49 AM
    I thought I did not want it to read my pin and come up as UNKNOWN??
    All of that information is encrypted on the HDD of the device. If you're phone is saying "unknown PIN" then you have to follow THIS method. That should solve your problems.
    12-23-10 09:09 AM
    Sounds to me as if your drivers are corrupted.

Happens to me on a boringly regular basis.

Do a clean restore of the Desktop Manager, remove through add and remove programs, restart the PC, do a fresh install of DM and you will be good.

I will have to do that myself at some point today so you are not alone.
    12-23-10 10:01 AM
    All of that information is encrypted on the HDD of the device. If you're phone is saying "unknown PIN" then you have to follow THIS method. That should solve your problems.
    Blackberry's have flash memory, not hard disk drives.

12-23-10 11:53 AM
    Blackberry's have flash memory, not hard disk drives.

True, bad wording on my end.

They are stored on a section of the memory that cannot be altered, or changed without the Research in Motion software.
    12-23-10 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD