Hey guys. On my first Torch, I used to be able to type keywords for an app I was looking to download through App World and it would provide me with the option to Search App World. On my second Torch, I do not get that option anymore. I tried going through Options>Device>Search to see if I could select App World as one of the search options, but it is not even listed. Any ideas?
    12-21-10 05:39 PM
    Not to state the obvious, but is Appworld actually installed?
    12-21-10 06:25 PM
    lol yes it is installed. I just found it really convenient to access it through universal search. I know I'm not going to die over it, but still. I got used to the ease of universal search being...well universal.
    12-21-10 06:35 PM
    Sounds like something is screwed up with the OS.

Personally I'd backup your data, reinstall the OS to a PC and reinstall the OS fresh to the phone.
    12-21-10 06:37 PM
    Go to Options>Display>HomeScreen Preferences>
    Do you have "launch by typing" set to: Universal Search OR Application Shortcuts?
    If it is set to Universal Search then on the homescreen you should just be able to type "app.." and appworld should be a choice. If it is set to Application Shortcut then you need to type "S" first and then type "app..."
    If this doesn't work, then I am not sure what to tell you other than AppWorld is not installed.
    12-21-10 07:34 PM
    He's not trying to find appworld, he's trying to search appworld from the universal search.
    12-21-10 07:35 PM
    Hey guys. On my first Torch, I used to be able to type keywords for an app I was looking to download through App World and it would provide me with the option to Search App World. On my second Torch, I do not get that option anymore. I tried going through Options>Device>Search to see if I could select App World as one of the search options, but it is not even listed. Any ideas?
    Goto the universal search icon once the search area is displayed, hit the blackberry menu button and goto search options and ensure the checkmark is next to BlackBerry appworld

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD