Is the 9780 ever coming to AT&T? Forgive me if this has already been answered I browsed briefly for any related threads...
    12-21-10 12:17 PM
    No need to even ask. No one knows! The 9700 is gone from corporate stores and most big box retailers, you can pick one up from customer care for a price, but they will not answer this question, they have no clue. Ask Dawgman, just get an unlocked 9780 and be happy. I'm too cheap, and will love my 8900 till they release it! Good luck, and we all are watching!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-10 12:59 AM
    According to AT&T, the answer is ". . ."

According to people here, AT&T-branded 9780 phones have been seen in the wild.
    12-30-10 11:46 AM
    Seems odd that they're basically pulling the 9700 but yet this hasn't been announced or deployed yet.
    01-07-11 11:46 PM
    I can tell you that nothing is ever announced internally. EVER.
    01-08-11 02:40 AM
    I'm surprised they've still got the 8900 up. And I noticed that they still have the 9700 on the premier site, so that's a decent sign. I was hoping they'd put the 9780 up on the Premier site first.
    01-15-11 11:30 PM
    If ATT removed the 9700 and you have an insurance plan, how do they replace the phone if lost or damaged?
    01-17-11 06:28 AM
    What's the deal with availability here?

I'm eligible for an upgrade, but the only Blackberry devices on the website today were: (1) a red Torch, (2) a refurbished black Torch, and (3) and Curve 3G.

I'm upgrading from a 9700, and have cracked by trackpad and flash, so I'd like to pick up a new device in the near future. I was trying to decide between the Torch and the 9780, but it looks like neither is an option. I'm a lawyer, and clicking around with a red Torch just isn't an option.
    01-17-11 07:56 AM
    According to AT&T, the answer is ". . ."

According to people here, AT&T-branded 9780 phones have been seen in the wild.
    Not only have AT&T branded 9780's been seen in the wild. I have one and have been using it for quite some time now. AT&T logo on the bezel, full AT&T flash at start up screen. And, there are several others on here that have them as well.

My best suggestion for those that want a 9780 on AT&T network is to buy a Rogers, Telus or Bell from Canada, unlock it and it will be fully functional on AT&T with 3G service. You will however not have Visual Voice Mail, but this can be corrected by modifying specific .axl files. All you have to do is sign in to you AT&T BIS account, connect the 9780 with your SIM card installed. You will then get a message telling you that a new BlackBerry device has been detected, do you want to move your BlackBerry service to this device. Answer "Yes". At this point it should send you the needed AT&T service books, but if not, click on "Help" and select "Send Service Books" just make sure you got them. Once you see the 3G service indicator on the device, do a battery pull then adjust settings to your liking. Hope this helps. Enjoy.
    01-17-11 08:42 AM
    Not only have AT&T branded 9780's been seen in the wild. I have one and have been using it for quite some time now. AT&T logo on the bezel, full AT&T flash at start up screen. And, there are several others on here that have them as well.

My best suggestion for those that want a 9780 on AT&T network is to buy a Rogers, Telus or Bell from Canada, unlock it and it will be fully functional on AT&T with 3G service. You will however not have Visual Voice Mail, but this can be corrected by modifying specific .axl files. All you have to do is sign in to you AT&T BIS account, connect the 9780 with your SIM card installed. You will then get a message telling you that a new BlackBerry device has been detected, do you want to move your BlackBerry service to this device. Answer "Yes". At this point it should send you the needed AT&T service books, but if not, click on "Help" and select "Send Service Books" just make sure you got them. Once you see the 3G service indicator on the device, do a battery pull then adjust settings to your liking. Hope this helps. Enjoy.
    So what is your "best guess" as far as it dropping? TIA!
    01-19-11 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD