TOTAL BS!

Don't know if this has been posted yet or any of you know but read this article!

Wireless carriers openly considering charging per service (update: audio) -- Engadget

Call your providers tell them stop ripping us off or do not go this direction!
    12-21-10 10:59 AM
    12-21-10 11:00 AM
    Thanks.

This really makes me mad. I just got through bragging to someone how I liked Verizon. They always treated me well. Even this past Sunday they replaced my Droid that was out of warranty for no charge. I wasn't even asking for another, I was there testing my battery out. They really shined that day now I hear this possibility and if it is true half of my respect just flew out the window.
    12-21-10 11:11 AM
    Question is this.
    Do we have the nads to unite and stand against them?
    12-21-10 11:11 AM
    Ohh and btw I think if hey make changes such as this, it does give us a right to cancel our contract. Can u say Sprint
    12-21-10 11:12 AM
    Looks kind of like the goverment is taking over...
    12-21-10 11:17 AM
    Ohh and btw I think if hey make changes such as this, it does give us a right to cancel our contract. Can u say Sprint
    I wouldn't go that far, maybe just cancel so I can upgrade again .
    12-21-10 11:18 AM
    I was thinking the same thing! I have already emailed Verizon. Will do a phone call later. I believe in Capitalism but like with everything anything can get abused! I just can't believe it. They must not get the Economy magazine our watch the stocks. Like we can even afford it right now.
    12-21-10 11:19 AM
    If VZW and ATT pull this cr@p, I'll be rockin' a TMobile 9780 faster then they can blink.
    12-21-10 11:26 AM
    I wouldn't go that far, maybe just cancel so I can upgrade again .
    U know thats the problem I'm sorry not a flame.
    If we don't stand for something we will fall for anything.
    We have to at some point fight the Corporations
    I was thinking the same thing! I have already emailed Verizon. Will do a phone call later. I believe in Capitalism but like with everything anything can get abused! I just can't believe it. They must not get the Economy magazine our watch the stocks. Like we can even afford it right now.
    Good job...........
    If VZW and ATT pull this cr@p, I'll be rockin' a TMobile 9780 faster then they can blink.
    Hit them in their pocketbooks/wallets
    As much as I like my toys we don't have to be the corporations b!tches....
    Its time at some point to make a stand
    12-21-10 11:43 AM
    You're calling and emailing them about something that hasn't happened? The CS reps probably know nothing about this. Your best bet is to send a letter to the correspondence address.
    12-21-10 11:43 AM
    I bet that never happens, it is prejudice against "certain" users. Very unlikely.
    12-21-10 11:47 AM
    I bet that never happens, it is prejudice against "certain" users. Very unlikely.
    Never say never my friend corporate greed knows no bounds.....
    sston011 likes this.
    12-21-10 11:50 AM
    12-21-10 11:51 AM
    Well guys here you go an online petition:

Stop AT&T and VZW from charging per service. Petition

Let's put up some HUGE numbers
    12-21-10 11:53 AM
    As long as people pay for it they will keep asking for more.
    12-21-10 11:53 AM
    Never say never my friend corporate greed knows no bounds.....
    Oh, I know friend. True that. But profiling users is unethical. Won't happen
    12-21-10 11:56 AM
    Oh, I know friend. True that. But profiling users is unethical. Won't happen
    Really ya think?
    Hummmmm
    12-21-10 11:57 AM
    Sing the petition:

Stop AT&T and VZW from charging per service. Petition
    12-21-10 11:58 AM
    Google is also pushing for the end to net neutrality so you might want to sign petitions to stop them as well. Saying it will never happen is silly. They will make it happen if the consumers don't try to stop it and you can't just try once. I've been signing petitions and lobbying for 3 years now to stop this and they keep coming back. Google and Verizon crafted one of the most recent attempts back in September or August I believe. Anyway, here is a good website if you want to fight it.

Save the Internet | Join the fight for Internet Freedom
    12-21-10 12:00 PM
    But u may have overlooked this part of the article.................

What's more, it's rumored that the FCC will cave to Verizon and AT&T and exempt wireless internet service from major parts of net neutrality regulation it's expected to pass next week, so this nonsense could very well hit the US sooner rather than later
    12-21-10 12:02 PM
    Well folks sitting here and debating the merits is useless we need to join together one voice on petition. Heck CB has over 2 million users. Imagine of just half had one document to the fcc and vzw and att at least it would grab their attention. Let's not be like sheep led to slaughter.
    12-21-10 12:05 PM
    Hey how do I get the petition the front page of CB? Any mods around?
    12-21-10 12:13 PM
    PM pkcable?
    12-21-10 12:15 PM
    Yep he is the one I need to go find.
    12-21-10 12:16 PM
138 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD