I recently got the Torch and I love the phone but I'm having a slight problem with the phone and the usb wall charger. When I plug it in it charges and all but it'll make noises. It sounds like the current is 'leaking'(I'm sure there is a term for it but I'm no electrician lol.) But anyways that noise is really annoying and its only found on my torch that has that noise.

I had a friend who plugged theirs in and it did not make that noise so I'm wondering should I get the device replaced? or should I just stick with it.
    12-21-10 06:30 AM
    Any noise while charging is not good. I would take it back and have them check in in the store. Could be just your charger. Has your friend tried your charger?
    1ton likes this.
    12-21-10 06:32 AM
    Wow, that was quick that I get an instant reply Thank You. And yes to that question..I've tried charging my phone with another usb wall charger and the noise comes buzzing back. My friend has and no problems there..so I'm assuming its my phone.
    12-21-10 06:42 AM
    Sounds like a loose usb jack and the electricity is arching across the contacts. I would certainly take it back to rogers and get a replacement. I'm assuming your within your 30 day return policy(I actually think I read rogers only has 20 days, but I could be wrong).
    12-21-10 06:45 AM
    my torch does this too, only with the wall charger. its a very high frequency squeal kind of. plugged into the computer it doesnt do it, only on the wall charger. and i have multiple USB cables that ive tried, they all the same thing...

also, this is my 2nd torch. the 1st did the same thing.
    12-21-10 12:39 PM
    ^^
    Me too. The noise comes from the BB-supplied wall adaptor. I suppose if you live/work in a very quiet environment, it might bother you some. For what it’s worth, I bought a non-BB charger that I use at home and it doesn’t make that sound.
    12-21-10 01:56 PM
    Should I replace regardless though? or maybe I should just buy a normal wall charger. The Torch's that my friend has doesn't seem to have this problem so I was just curious as to maybe it was only my phone and yes the noise is quite bothersome because its almost right beside my bed when I am trying to sleep.

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate the quick help! =)
    12-21-10 03:14 PM
    I don't hear anything on mine
    12-21-10 03:34 PM
    don't buy anything, go at the store where you got your phone and tell them that you want a charger that does not do any sound, I'm sure they will be able to help if you're angry enough ;p
    12-21-10 03:37 PM
    I just want to be clear. You are using the AC charger that came with your Torch and are having this issue. If this is the case, take it back and exchange it.

If you are using a charger that it is not compatible, then stop using it and get one that is either OEM or one that is compatible with the Torch.
    12-21-10 03:48 PM
    Loose ground cable somewhere inside the device is causing this. Rma is more than likely the solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-10 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD