I'm trying to build a custom theme with hotkeys to open different apps from the homescreen and am looking for help in resolving a few issues I'm having.

The first problem is that the shortcuts for the p and q keys are swapped. When I hit p the app assigned to q opens and when I hit q the app assigned to p opens. Is this a common problem? Can I fix it? It's not a major problem, just an annoyance. If necessary I can just reverse the shortcuts in the svg file to get it the way I want.

The second problem is that the built in shortcuts activate sometimes too. For example when I hit the g button my app opens, but then Google Talk also opens. How can I set it such that the built in shortcuts aren't active?

Next, for third party apps I know I can just go into the applications list on my device and use the module name for the shortcuts. The only one I'm having a problem with is Pandora, whose module is pandora$2dradio. Is there anything else I need to do to get that shortcut to work?

Lastly, is there a way I can program different sound profiles as shortcut keys from the homescreen like I can do with the apps?

Thanks
    12-20-10 06:12 PM
    For your first and second problem, on hotkeys, i have often heard that Q and P have problems being set. As a general rule, i avoid using hotkeys that are already in use by application shortcuts. Those are already in use and theme builder does not override them. They include but are not limited to Q, W, T, U, O, P, A, S, D, K, L, C, V, B, N, M.

I have not been able to get Pandora to work, it's one of the apps that just don't like to be launched by theme builder set icons. Hope this helps.
    12-30-10 03:38 PM
    scrap the idea of using letters, i fell into that trap a while ago, just use symbols.

so for example if you wanted p to lauch something, the symbol on the p key is @ so just put @ in the code instead of p, then tell the user alt+p launches that app. you`ll never get any conflicts with that way of doing things
    12-31-10 07:15 AM
    I'm having problems just getting my Hotkeys I created to work.
    They worked when I had TB 5. Can't seem to get them to work with TB 6
    01-28-11 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD