Well my carriers most recent device software for Bold 9700 is 5.0.0.351, the carriers is 3UK, a lot of other carriers who have had BlackBerry's for sale for years have newer device software on all their devices.

So, I've considered upgrading to the leaked 6.0.0.418, but I dont want to upgrade to be let down and then downgrade again.

So, whats the best OS to go for?

The only "Apps" I have installed on my Bold is:
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Adidas miCoach
    • BlackBerry Messenger

My App Memory runs at around 110mb, so what do you think is best?
    12-20-10 05:31 AM
    Before I made the jump to OS6, I was running 5.0.0.8XX (cnt remember the exact digits) from vodaUK and it ran great.

If you want to you can make the jump to the latest .418 OS6 leak. Its very usualable on a everyday basis. I do. The only thing that bugs me is the memory leak and the copyandpaste feature doesn't function 100% in 3rd party apps, but there are work arounds!

I would never go back to OS5 and have no reason to.

Hope that helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 06:10 AM
    I ran the .418 OS6 leak for a few days after using previous leaks for several weeks. The big bug to me wasn't the memory leak (can fix that with programs that clean the memory if you run it often), but the battery bug. The battery would drop from 72 to 6 or 60 to 6, it was really debilitating and I had no choice but to revert back to .979 OS5 official release for AT&T and everything is back to normal. If you don't use your phone a lot and want to chance OS6, it is great and go for it! If you are a heavier user like me, carry a charger and/or extra battery, because you never know when the battery will drop. Hope this helps.

12-20-10 06:29 AM
    OS 6.0.0.418 is fine if you want to upgrade to it, I'm using it on mine. Though I do notice sometimes I have low memory and there are some very odd bugs/glitches.

However, the WebKit browser is a huge improvement IMO.. so if you're into web browsing on your bold then you might want to try it

If not OS 6 then I definately recommend you upgrade to the latest version of OS 5 (1014)
    Code:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/official-5-0-0-1014-released-ntt-docomo-557679/
    A huge improvement over 351
    Last edited by ixa; 12-20-10 at 07:29 AM.
    12-20-10 07:20 AM
    OS 6.0.0.418 is fine if you want to upgrade to it, I'm using it on mine. Though I do notice sometimes I have low memory and there are some very odd bugs/glitches.

However, the WebKit browser is a huge improvement IMO.. so if you're into web browsing on your bold then you might want to try it

If not OS 6 then I definately recommend you upgrade to the latest version of OS 5 (1014)
    Code:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/official-5-0-0-1014-released-ntt-docomo-557679/
    A huge improvement over 351
    Also note, once you upgrade to the latest offiered, the lock/standby button will only be on the left side, the right button will serve it's original purpose to mute calls, pause and resume media.

You don't have to upgrade to the leaked OS, as it has bugs that would make most flip out at or freak out when encountered.

12-20-10 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD