Pleaase, someone help me... I am a fairly experience BB user, I have used JL_cmdr, BBSAK, I have wiped, installed, reinstalled, upgraded and downgraded different OS's on different BB's... But 3 days ago I bought a Bold 9780, it was a lil bit glitchy so I decided to upgrade to the latest official OS (6.0.0.359) to hopefully resolve the issues, and when it was done the screen didnt work properly and there were lots of other problems, obviously not a good install... I wiped the device with BBSAK, then attempted to reinstall the OS, same problem. It is now only giving me the 507 error, I cant get it to do anything.. Please, any help anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated...
    12-18-10 09:12 PM
    1. Open up Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete the VENDOR.XML file
    2. Find AppLoader.exe which is located under Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Now connect your device to your computer and run AppLoader.exe to reinstall the OS

If your computer cannot connect to your BlackBerry then try the steps below.

1. Take the battery out of your device
    2. Now connect your BlackBerry to your computer via USB
    3. Open up BlackBerry Desktop Software and go to Options then select Connection Options
    4. In the connection options menu select USB Pin under connection type
    5. Now open up Application Loader and select the OS software you want to install
    6. It will ask you if you want to automatically back up and restore-DO NOT CLICK THIS OPTION
    7. During the installation process you�ll want to make sure you reinsert your battery before it is finished

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 09:21 PM
    12-18-10 11:30 PM
    Follow DawgMan's advice. Worked just fine for me this week when I nuked my Torch. Takes a bit of time but all should be well in the end. Good luck.

12-19-10 08:17 AM
    I read somewhere on this forum (I noticed you are TMo --- can't find the link to post here).

A couple of folks who upgraded to the leaked OS update with T-Mo reported some issues. I was, therefore, hesitant to try it myself. Just don't have the time to tinker with it endlessly. Pretty much need something working out of the box for a moment until my schedule opens up a bit.

Not sure if this helps, but.....
    12-20-10 07:59 AM
    I read somewhere on this forum (I noticed you are TMo --- can't find the link to post here).

A couple of folks who upgraded to the leaked OS update with T-Mo reported some issues. I was, therefore, hesitant to try it myself. Just don't have the time to tinker with it endlessly. Pretty much need something working out of the box for a moment until my schedule opens up a bit.

Not sure if this helps, but.....
    I believe the issues you are referring to were related to T-Mobile themes and having to remove the .cods before installing a new non T-Mobile OS.
    12-20-10 08:09 AM
    i was in a similar situation as you a few weeks ago when i was trying to update my old 9000 to give to someone. Everything was going fine until i got some errors on my pc about the computer not being able to connect to my device. I spent hours and hours trying to figure it out, including all of the methods above. The solution ended up being sooooo simple.

The usb port that i was using on my laptop didnt output enough power to upgrade the device. It was enough power to charge it, wipe it, backup, anything but update. Try switching usb ports on the computer you are using. if you have never used that computer to update a blackberry before, then try a different computer. If the above steps arent helping then try this one, i know it worked for me
    12-20-10 06:56 PM
    1. Open up Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete the VENDOR.XML file
    2. Find AppLoader.exe which is located under Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Now connect your device to your computer and run AppLoader.exe to reinstall the OS

If your computer cannot connect to your BlackBerry then try the steps below.

1. Take the battery out of your device
    2. Now connect your BlackBerry to your computer via USB
    3. Open up BlackBerry Desktop Software and go to Options then select Connection Options
    4. In the connection options menu select USB Pin under connection type
    5. Now open up Application Loader and select the OS software you want to install
    6. It will ask you if you want to automatically back up and restore-DO NOT CLICK THIS OPTION
    7. During the installation process you�ll want to make sure you reinsert your battery before it is finished

im using a brand new 9780 and after installing a few apps, i'm get app error 603 once i restart my phone..
    after wiping my device i've re-installed the OS several times..

normal use after that.. upon setting up gmail and few apps.. again the same dreaded error.. any help!??
    01-06-11 07:29 PM
    Hi there.

What I can suggest you is uninstall the OS in the PC, download a new one.

After that, wipe using BBSAK and install as normal (using BBSAK of course).

It should be just fine then.

Oh ya, before that, do a battery pull and see if the problem continues.

The last method will be wiping using BBSAK.
    01-06-11 07:35 PM
    as u said in the 4th or 5th option that goo to options ...............but i dnt fing options in my device manager what to do
    07-22-14 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD