Every time something goes a little screwy with Nene (my Torch), I do the old left alt + right shift + delete...but is doing it too much bad for the phone? I do it when my music is interrupted by an incoming text or if some of the apps run a bit off. I know it's probably a noob question, and has been touched on before in another thread, but I there are way too many to look for it. Would appreciate the help. Thanks CB family.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 02:26 AM
    Its fine and nothing will happen to it.
    12-18-10 02:29 AM
    Cool. Thanks gbsn

12-18-10 02:42 AM
    there is no spinning drive in the blackberry, you will be fine.

the reason why it's not good for a pc is because of the spinning hard drive.
    12-18-10 07:49 AM
    I do a soft reset every other day and a real battery pull every week. I do a battery pull after I've downloaded an app, also.
    12-18-10 09:18 AM
    there is no spinning drive in the blackberry, you will be fine.

the reason why it's not good for a pc is because of the spinning hard drive.
    Even resetting windows through the OS won't harm the hard drive, at least not the ones made since the introduction of sata. Resetting a computer only makes the hard drive heads move places, unless you actually remove electrical current from it. If you really think that a computer reset puts a toll on the heads, then i can pretty much conclude the most you do is browse the web.

Resetting a blackberry through the day will prevent compound errors and keep the memory clean of garbage. Only thing i advise against is making like 5 simultaneous resets before the boot screen, because it may cause a boot error and show up that there is no OS installed.

Last edited by gbsn; 12-18-10 at 04:16 PM.
    12-18-10 04:11 PM
    Even resetting windows through the OS won't harm the hard drive, at least not the ones made since the introduction of sata. Resetting a computer only makes the hard drive heads move places, unless you actually remove electrical current from it. If you really think that a computer reset puts a toll on the heads, then i can pretty much conclude the most you do is browse the web.

Resetting a blackberry through the day will prevent compound errors and keep the memory clean of garbage. Only thing i advise against is making like 5 simultaneous resets before the boot screen, because it may cause a boot error and show up that there is no OS installed.

that kind of reset is not like going to start and clicking restart (it's like pressing the reset button on the casing) so are you telling me that all OS does a scan on the drive when you press the reset button for nothing?
    12-18-10 04:36 PM
    Both accomplish the same thing, its just that pressing the button on the case won't save any data that's in the ram and would probably cause a write error since it was cut off in the middle of "something". Both methods will make the computer restart and both methods won't cut electrical current to the hard drive. And still, that scan is like waaaay at the floor of the pyramid in terms of damaging the heads and arms. That could have been a slight problem 12 years ago on a mainstream hard drive. Right now, an OS booting is far from damaging a hard drive.

Last edited by gbsn; 12-18-10 at 04:55 PM.
    12-18-10 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD