Hello all, I am getting these strange ////BREW:014F4B...messages on my blackberry...I called verizon and they said it was because my number was still connected to the mobile email program on my old EnV phone and they had me delete it on the old phone and the messages should stop, but they still come....Can anyone help with this?

Thank you for any help

I just got a verizon 8330 yesterday..did anyone else get those messages that used the mobile email application on their old verizon phone?
    Last edited by indigoblu; 07-30-08 at 11:16 AM.
    07-30-08 11:07 AM
    i was getting those also, were you checking a hotmail account with your old cell phone?
    07-30-08 12:37 PM
    I had the exact same problem. After two days on the phone with Verizon swapping esn numbers back and forth and canceling subscriptions the only thing that fixed it was to change the password on my email account. As soon as I did that the brew messages stopped.
    07-30-08 12:38 PM
    I had the exact same problem. After two days on the phone with Verizon swapping esn numbers back and forth and canceling subscriptions the only thing that fixed it was to change the password on my email account. As soon as I did that the brew messages stopped.
    Mine was a yahoo email account...I too had been on the phone to Verizon with two different Blackberry technical persons and I was told on the last call that it would take up to 60 hrs for the fix to happen. You would think that when you go to another phone there would be a way for Verizon to fix this... But, I just changed my password and I think that was a very good bit of advice. Hopefully, this will solve the problem...Thank you very much for responding!
    07-30-08 07:05 PM
    Did this change go into effect right away because I changed my password and I just got another of those "Brew" messages!!! Should I just wait a day or so before I call Verizon again???
    07-30-08 07:30 PM
    I called Verizon Tech Support and they said it was my old phone trying to connect to the internet or something with Get it Now. They put in a trouble ticket and within 48 hours they stopped and I haven't got any since.
    07-30-08 07:39 PM
    I called Verizon Tech Support and they said it was my old phone trying to connect to the internet or something with Get it Now. They put in a trouble ticket and within 48 hours they stopped and I haven't got any since.
    This is the right answer to yor questions. The msgs you are getting are from your old phones. You would have had to cancel and subscriptions from your old phone. Since these are are now inactive, you would need to have them reactivated and cancel them, or wait the 48 hours and they will stop. most of the time these are from mobile email.
    07-30-08 07:57 PM
    This can't be true because I did not have email on my old phone. I am getting the same annoying brew messages as well.
    09-28-09 07:59 AM
    My old phone has had the battery removed but I'm also getting the annoying BREW messages on my Alltel Blackberry - I've had it for a week.
    01-17-10 10:08 PM
    If you read this thread (18 months old, incidentally) you'll see it has nothing to do with removing the battery from your old phone. BREW is a protocol used for cell phone alerts, not compatible with BlackBerry. Somewhere, on some website, you subscribed to alerts for your old cell phone - weather, sports, news, or other alerts. You will need to find that alert and unsubscribe to make the messages go away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 10:03 AM
    you should go with sprint, i never have any problems with their service!
    01-18-10 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD