I am. I have not used any rdp kind of client on a ipad or any tablet so I don't know how well it works - sort of interesting using an iphone as the mouse. anyway this would be my primary interest in the PB as that is how I roll. also interested in VMs for rpc over http based outlook 2010, etc. it would seem that the PB would have more than enough power to do whatever. wondering how the built in keyboard would work or does one need a small ext BT kb and mouse or what exactly. any comments to this end would be most welcome as I don't want to dream about something that will not work well. as a side not I currently run a dell e4300 with W764 and a ssd and the thing flies but is also 4#s with the charger so something that is <1#, boots up instantly and holds a charge all day is most appealing. thanks.
    12-17-10 02:18 PM
    I think a Virtual Machine may be pushing it, but I'm really looking forward to a VNC client. That way I can leave my 10-pound school laptop at home, and connect to it with VNCand run the Cisco app that connects it to the school network via SSL.
    12-17-10 03:24 PM
    i assume if a vender wanted to do the app they could. I know android has several RD apps already that work well. Should be able to for BB also
    12-17-10 03:33 PM
    I too am hoping for some sort of VNC, or terminal services / RDP support for the Playbook.

A mobile device like this, with the ability to perform some basic remote tasks would be very ideal.
    12-17-10 04:03 PM
    LogMeIn on the iPad and iPhone (i.e. LogMeIn Ignition for those platforms) works amazingly well... I mean AMAZINGLY. And no, I'm not just saying that. I have several clients who use it for their personal PCs for remote access from their iPads because it allows them to work on stuff that won't natively work on the iPad directly while still being super mobile. I use it for remote support and this is one of the reasons why I hate BB so much... cuz I can't use stuff like this on their platform.

I'm hoping that with the browser support the PB will have that their web portal client would work, but if not, they'll quickly develop an app for it. If I don't see some quick intentions for companies of RDP solutions embracing the PB platform, I won't be investing my money on one.
    12-17-10 04:15 PM
    Now what would be cool is using your Blackberry's trackpad or ball as a mouse when web browsing as well as a keyboard. I mean the two devices are going to be synced in harmony anyway so why not be able to use the phone to control what you do on the playbook if you don't feel like using the touch screen when surfing the web?
    12-17-10 04:15 PM
    LogMeIn on the iPad and iPhone (i.e. LogMeIn Ignition for those platforms) works amazingly well... I mean AMAZINGLY. And no, I'm not just saying that. I have several clients who use it for their personal PCs for remote access from their iPads because it allows them to work on stuff that won't natively work on the iPad directly while still being super mobile. I use it for remote support and this is one of the reasons why I hate BB so much... cuz I can't use stuff like this on their platform.

I'm hoping that with the browser support the PB will have that their web portal client would work, but if not, they'll quickly develop an app for it. If I don't see some quick intentions for companies of RDP solutions embracing the PB platform, I won't be investing my money on one.
    Pretty much my sentiment. There are many potential uses for this device, however, remote support and work is a main / huge factor for me. I'd love to stick with supporting RIM in this device, but I suppose time will tell. Otherwise, I have no idea which direction I will end up in.
    12-17-10 04:57 PM
    I am also hoping that LogMeIn has a PB app at launch that functions like the iPad app. I use LogMeIn on my netbook everyday to access my work computer and home desktop, so a PB app would make it the perfect device for my workday on the road.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-10 07:20 PM
    This has always been one of my primary "Enterprise" requirements for the Playbook. Without it, hello Win7 tablet.
    12-18-10 04:44 PM
    what W7 tablet? I want one but I don't want to spend a fortune getting one - I want the smallest, lightest, fastest, cheapest thing around lol. I just wonder if 7" is enough real estate to get the job done.
    12-18-10 05:15 PM
    what W7 tablet? I want one but I don't want to spend a fortune getting one - I want the smallest, lightest, fastest, cheapest thing around lol. I just wonder if 7" is enough real estate to get the job done.
    HP Slate comes to mind...
    12-18-10 10:57 PM
    Remote desktop capability is a must, especially for a tablet touted as an enterprise tablet, IMHO. I'm sure that their will be an app to do it.
    12-19-10 07:41 AM
    If you are looking for RDP client, try using R-HUB remote support servers. It works on all platforms viz Windows, MAC, Android, iOS etc.
    ..but does it work with BB platform ???
    04-20-17 07:56 PM
    AccessToGo Remote Desktop in BB World

Posted via CB10
    04-24-17 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD