With BDM5 you could select "delete all app data" and it would delete everything before installing the OS...with BDM all my apps are still there after installing the OS. My question is, when you install an OS using BDM6, does it delete everything before installing and just reinstall your other apps or is it keeping everything and just upgrading? My wife's phone is having problems and I would like to wipe everything off and start fresh but it isn't too clear how to do that on DM6 or maybe I am missing how to do that???
    12-17-10 09:40 AM
    From my experience if the phone is not already wiped clean the DM will pretty much do an upgrade if there is an upgrade available. Apps will still be on the phone is its an upgrade and its compatible with the new OS

If you want to wipe everything off for a fresh start do the following:

*Note: Make sure you back up your info first.
    Download the OS from here if you do not have it already:https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

Install the OS file to your PC
    Download and install BBSAK from BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    Open BBSAK and select wipe device.
    Then run Besktop Manager and you should be prompted to install the OS If not:

Go to: C:/ > Program Files (x86) > Common Files > Research in Motion > apploader
    Run loader.exe

(x86) only for 64-bit Windows OS
    Last edited by aznlgcy; 12-17-10 at 09:48 AM.
    12-17-10 09:46 AM
    I was asking if there is a way to do it with DM6, without BBSAK? And when you use DM6 does it remove everything and reinstall fresh or just upgrade?
    12-17-10 09:49 AM
    It wouldn't remove everything unless you unselected the apps in the menu of components during the install process. Would be an option as "list of applications"
    12-17-10 09:54 AM
    Let's try this one more time...can you tell DM6 to remove the OS AND apps before it installs the new OS?
    12-17-10 09:57 AM
    is it an upgraded OS to what you have currently? If not then no it would be just removing apps. If it is a newer OS than whats on your phone then it will wipe before install and place back your contacts and some of the apps unless you tell it otherwise.

So in a short answer if its not a upgrade in OS then no. You won't get a fresh install without BBSAK or jl_cmdr
    12-17-10 10:04 AM
    what is the difference to "an upgraded os to what you have currently" or a "newer os than what you have on your phone"?
    12-17-10 10:07 AM
    Nothing sorry for the inconsistency in the wording
    12-17-10 10:09 AM
    Skip DM, just use app loader, it will wipe your device and install the new OS.

You don't need BBSAK.

Read the link in my sig, it's got all the steps.
    12-17-10 10:11 AM
    so when you run an update using DM6, it wipes the phone's OS before installing the new version? If you don't want to directly answer the question clearly, it's ok to not have to post.
    12-17-10 10:11 AM
    so when you run an update using DM6, it wipes the phone's OS before installing the new version? If you don't want to directly answer the question clearly, it's ok to not have to post.
    DM launches app loader, which will wipe your device. Check the link I have, it will walk you thru it without a lot of unnecessary steps.
    12-17-10 10:13 AM
    Thank you, now when CB upgrades your status you will know it was well earned instead of just a bunch of useless posts just to hear yourself "speak".
    12-17-10 10:15 AM
    Thank you, now when CB upgrades your status you will know it was well earned instead of just a bunch of useless posts just to hear yourself "speak".
    lol, well to his/her credit az was trying to help, just wasn't being very clear.

Having done at least a hundred wipe and reloads, I've found that just using app loader is the most efficient method. Using BBSAK and DM are fine, but it just slows down the process.

App loader will ask if you want it to back up apps and data, then wipe and load the OS, then do the restore. Should be a 30-45 minute process, assuming no hiccups! :-)

Feel free to PM if you need help along the way!
    12-17-10 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD