I have the sprint bold and for the past week the signal bars goes from
    1XEV to 1xev to 1X to 1x then searching then back to Normal 1XEV. Also when I try to sign onto the internet then it goes to 1x WHY

Is anyone else having this prob with there bold?
    Anyone know what it could be? Please help
    12-16-10 06:58 PM
    I do, but so does my wife and she has a different phone. Probably just Sprint.
    12-16-10 08:13 PM
    Yeah I have been having the same problem and two of my friends who also have sprint but bb curves say that the problem is Sprint not the phone.
    12-16-10 08:27 PM
    Its just searching for a signal....some areas (even diff parts of your home) have better signal quality then others.
    12-16-10 08:40 PM
    It's Sprint for sure. I had the same issue that started way back in january. After 8 months of calling Tech support and getting no Sprint offered to allow me to port out without an ETF and I took them up on it and went to VZW. Sprint will blame it on everything under the sun except their network.
    12-16-10 08:48 PM
    I've had the same problem on Sprint with my Tour. They said it was their towers. Don't know if I will use another BB esp on Sprint if I can't hold a conversation on my phone while home. It's my main phone.
    12-18-10 12:40 PM
    Do a PRL update!!! It fixed that for me on both my 9330 and 9650

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 12:58 PM
    i had the same problem. i complained to sprint and after being transfered through many tech support people they ended up sending me an Airwave for free and they also waived the monthly fee on it. now i don't have dropped calls or lose my 1XEV at my house anymore. I did have problems with the first Airwave they sent me but it was a defective model and they sent me a new one and i haven't had any problems since.
    12-18-10 11:24 PM
    I have the same problem as well, it only happens on CDMA, when I use the Bold on GSM networks, the signal is really stable and does not fluctuate like crazy.
    12-18-10 11:32 PM
    Do a PRL update!!! It fixed that for me on both my 9330 and 9650

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What is a PRL update? How do you do that?
    12-19-10 12:52 AM
    i had the same problem. i complained to sprint and after being transfered through many tech support people they ended up sending me an Airwave for free and they also waived the monthly fee on it. now i don't have dropped calls or lose my 1XEV at my house anymore. I did have problems with the first Airwave they sent me but it was a defective model and they sent me a new one and i haven't had any problems since.
    What is a Airwave? How do I get one for free?
    12-19-10 12:53 AM
    What is a PRL update? How do you do that?
    Go to "Network Connections", press the Blackberry button and click on "update PRL" and for good measure "update profile"
    12-19-10 08:54 AM
    HAD THE same problem i switched to global and everything is perfect.
    12-19-10 10:16 AM
    I have verizon and i have fluctuating signal on OS5 and OS6. I think it is a problem with most Bolds.
    12-20-10 02:15 PM
    The latest official OS is suppose to address this issue. Try that and then updat eyour prl/data profile
    12-20-10 02:19 PM
    The reason why is because one of the Sprint towers isn't working, but they're gonna fix it soon; according to the Sprint rep.
    12-20-10 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD